Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 282737 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #570 on: February 18, 2006, 06:03:44 PM »
I went to the Atlanta game too, I can't believe they blew that one, they had sooo many chances to win it too, fast break smush missed a dunk then kobe got it and he screwed up too, and then kobe missed 6 free throws, wtf, it was like they were trying to lose, they lost a unloseable game

That's the Lakers' luck this season..Man, they can be 35-15 with the way they play sometimes, but they just gave away so many games which were in their hands. Their record DOES NOT show for their skill...PeACe

"luck".  ::)

id imagine in your opinion their 26 wins are a result of skill....and the 26 losses are a result of bad luck LOL. them playing like shit at the end of the game....isnt "luck". If they were winning by 2 points with 1 second left...and the other team hits a prayer shot from past half court....THATS bad luck.

Injuries is not luck? Slava Medvednko, one of our few bigs and offensive-minded players=out for the season...Laron Profit, our most reliable back-up for Kobe=Out for the season...Aaron McKie, our original starting point guard=Yet to start a game because of injuries...Luke Walton=Out for the first month of the season...Lamar Odom=Missed games and is playing hurt...Ronny Turiaf=open heart surgey, JUST returned...Chris Mihm=Been out the past few weeks...Trust me, Lakers will have their shit together come playoff time...PeACe

lol

when someone made a comment abou the Lakers, including Kobe...not coming through at the end of the game. You say..."thats just the Lakers luck". LOL Thats the point.

Doggy was just saying how Lakers lost a game they had in their hands to Atlanta, and I was simply pointing out that it's been happening all season long...LOL. It's true...Lakers have given games away, Lakers could easily have a way better record than they do. And injuries don't help the matter out as well...

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #571 on: February 19, 2006, 01:48:59 AM »
I went to the Atlanta game too, I can't believe they blew that one, they had sooo many chances to win it too, fast break smush missed a dunk then kobe got it and he screwed up too, and then kobe missed 6 free throws, wtf, it was like they were trying to lose, they lost a unloseable game

That's the Lakers' luck this season..Man, they can be 35-15 with the way they play sometimes, but they just gave away so many games which were in their hands. Their record DOES NOT show for their skill...PeACe

id imagine in your opinion their 26 wins are a result of skill....and the 26 losses are a result of bad luck LOL. them playing like shit at the end of the game....isnt "luck". If they were winning by 2 points with 1 second left...and the other team hits a prayer shot from past half court....THATS bad luck.

Injuries is not luck? Slava Medvednko, one of our few bigs and offensive-minded players=out for the season...Laron Profit, our most reliable back-up for Kobe=Out for the season...Aaron McKie, our original starting point guard=Yet to start a game because of injuries...Luke Walton=Out for the first month of the season...Lamar Odom=Missed games and is playing hurt...Ronny Turiaf=open heart surgey, JUST returned...Chris Mihm=Been out the past few weeks...Trust me, Lakers will have their shit together come playoff time...PeACe

lol

when someone made a comment abou the Lakers, including Kobe...not coming through at the end of the game. You say..."thats just the Lakers luck". LOL Thats the point.

Doggy was just saying how Lakers lost a game they had in their hands to Atlanta, and I was simply pointing out that it's been happening all season long...LOL. It's true...Lakers have given games away, Lakers could easily have a way better record than they do. And injuries don't help the matter out as well...

so if the Lakers make a 4th quarter comeback....that would mean the other team gave it away right? It wouldnt mean that the Lakers won it. lol u always make excuses for your team man, its sad. They never just lose....they never just play bad...Kobe is God....cmon. Sometimes....your team just loses. They dont play well down the stretch, Kobe doesnt takeover, they choke...whatever the case may be. Its such bullshit to say your team "gave it away". They didnt "give it away", it got taken from them. Especially when we're talkin about a team that isnt that good. A team struggling for an 8th seed. It isnt like we're talkin about some dominant, championship team.  We're talkin about the Lakers.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #572 on: February 20, 2006, 04:15:44 AM »

lol

so if the Lakers make a 4th quarter comeback....that would mean the other team gave it away right? It wouldnt mean that the Lakers won it. lol u always make excuses for your team man, its sad. They never just lose....they never just play bad...Kobe is God....cmon. Sometimes....your team just loses. They dont play well down the stretch, Kobe doesnt takeover, they choke...whatever the case may be. Its such bullshit to say your team "gave it away". They didnt "give it away", it got taken from them. Especially when we're talkin about a team that isnt that good. A team struggling for an 8th seed. It isnt like we're talkin about some dominant, championship team.  We're talkin about the Lakers.

Ice cold baby, ice cold.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #573 on: February 20, 2006, 02:23:52 PM »

lol

Ice cold baby, ice cold.

^^Put the crack down, son...

The fact is, Lakers do tend to soften up and get comfortable with leads...You're simply not looking at it from that perspective, cuz you're some kinda' anti-Laker...LOL. Lakers are a good team, people were saying they're not even a playoff team this year, and they're in the playoffs despite all their injuries. Now it's "they're only an 8th seed"...Soon it'll be "it's only the 2nd round"... 8)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #574 on: February 20, 2006, 04:16:34 PM »
Anyone who doesn't think the Lakers have given away games this season is someone who hasn't watched any Laker games this season. The Lakers have given away at least a half dozen games Athis year easily. This is the sign of a young, inexperienced team that hasn't developed the ability to close.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

wcsoldier

« Reply #575 on: February 21, 2006, 09:39:51 AM »
Anyone who doesn't think the Lakers have given away games this season is someone who hasn't watched any Laker games this season. The Lakers have given away at least a half dozen games Athis year easily. This is the sign of a young, inexperienced team that hasn't developed the ability to close.
couldn't say it better

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #576 on: February 21, 2006, 10:37:29 AM »
It's time for Andrew Bynum to step up
"I've been real careful with him, trying to really nurture him, and now it's time," Laker Coach Phil Jackson said. "We want him to more than just develop as a practice player and actually be productive on the court. The pressure's going to kind of accumulate on him the last third of the season, particularly if our injuries continue to plague us at that position." -Phil Jackson

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers21feb21,1,2733260.story?coll=la-headlines-sports

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #577 on: February 21, 2006, 11:13:41 AM »

ToNe is simply looking for ways to hate on the Lakers and/or their players...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #578 on: February 21, 2006, 11:15:58 AM »
"I've been real careful with him, trying to really nurture him, and now it's time," Laker Coach Phil Jackson said. "We want him to more than just develop as a practice player and actually be productive on the court. The pressure's going to kind of accumulate on him the last third of the season, particularly if our injuries continue to plague us at that position." -Phil Jackson

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers21feb21,1,2733260.story?coll=la-headlines-sports

Yes...I expect his averages to go up to 5-5 by the end of the season.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #579 on: February 21, 2006, 11:23:31 AM »

Good. I always wondered when Phil was gonna play him. I'm no mathamatician but that 5-5 might be a little hard to come by seeing how he is currently averaging 2-2 with over half the season gone.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #580 on: February 21, 2006, 11:24:55 AM »

Good. I always wondered when Phil was gonna play him. I'm no mathamatician but that 5-5 might be a little hard to come by seeing how he is currently averaging 2-2 with over half the season gone.

A few 12-7 games and he's there... 8)

acbaylove

« Reply #581 on: February 21, 2006, 04:05:28 PM »

Finally!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #582 on: February 21, 2006, 04:08:01 PM »
Lakers playing Portland tonight...Should be an easy win. Then again, Lakers tend to play down to the level of their opponents at times. Hopefully they have their shit together for the second half of the season...

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #583 on: February 21, 2006, 04:15:55 PM »
Alot of people think kobe is the MVP OF THE 1ST HALF

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #584 on: February 21, 2006, 04:18:58 PM »
Alot of people think kobe is the MVP OF THE 1ST HALF

the people have spoken..

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8