Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 282457 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #600 on: February 22, 2006, 03:58:43 PM »
Andrew Bynum didn't play!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(
The Lakers won. I'm happy.

Lakers won but the seaosn is kinda over for me..i think we will make the playoffs but what's the point..we're not a championship team..we're the Lakers,,it's all about winning championships...fuck the 7 or 8 seed...just play Bynum,we aint got shit to lose

LOL@this mentality...I hope most Laker fans don't think like you.

the real fans that expect more from this team do...we will make the playoffs but you have to be a dumbass if you think we're a championship team...we are what we are,a 500. team...hopefully next season some of the role players get better and Bynum makes the impact that we think he could make.

It doesn't matter. I expect more from the team too, doesn't mean I don't have hopes for them to surprise this year...Remember, people were picking us to finish 10th and less in the west...You give up this early? That's when your mentality is questioned. :-\

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #601 on: February 22, 2006, 04:10:57 PM »

Lakers won but the seaosn is kinda over for me..i think we will make the playoffs but what's the point..we're not a championship team..we're the Lakers,,it's all about winning championships...fuck the 7 or 8 seed...just play Bynum,we aint got shit to lose

the real fans that expect more from this team do...we will make the playoffs but you have to be a dumbass if you think we're a championship team...we are what we are,a 500. team...hopefully next season some of the role players get better and Bynum makes the impact that we think he could make.

It doesn't matter. I expect more from the team too, doesn't mean I don't have hopes for them to surprise this year...Remember, people were picking us to finish 10th and less in the west...You give up this early? That's when your mentality is questioned. :-\

i just been disappointed with our play...there's alot of games that we should of won,,the last road trip was a nightmare...we played sloppy last night against the blazers even though we won by 17..we're 4-7 since the 81 point game...the games that we lost last year,i thought we were going to win them this season b/c of phil jackson...now,i'm not blaming phil..i blame the players we have on our team..alot of those players are fucking teasers..they play great one night then the y disappear

i haven't seen any improvement that tells me we're going to make a big push these last 30 games and get the 5 seed..i hope we do..i just don't trust Lamar,smush,kwame,the bench...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #602 on: February 22, 2006, 04:17:14 PM »

i just been disappointed with our play...there's alot of games that we should of won,,the last road trip was a nightmare...we played sloppy last night against the blazers even though we won by 17..we're 4-7 since the 81 point game...the games that we lost last year,i thought we were going to win them this season b/c of phil jackson...now,i'm not blaming phil..i blame the players we have on our team..alot of those players are fucking teasers..they play great one night then the y disappear

i haven't seen any improvement that tells me we're going to make a big push these last 30 games and get the 5 seed..i hope we do..i just don't trust Lamar,smush,kwame,the bench...

LMAO. Why would you WANT the 5th seed? Lakers are going for a 6th or 7th seed so that our first round opponent will be Denver or a weaker team. If we land in the 5th seed, that means we play either San Antonio or Dallas...You can have your 5th seed, I'm looking for my Lakers to surprise in the playoffs once everything is in perspective. If we play Denver, Utah, Clippers, or Phoenix in the first round, I really like our chances...PeACe

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #603 on: February 22, 2006, 09:15:55 PM »
i like your method of thinkin nik but if u think the lakers have a chance against the suns, you're delusional. the lakers def have a shot advancing if they face denver, utah, and maybe even the clippers, but the suns?? not a chance.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #604 on: February 23, 2006, 01:16:15 PM »
i like your method of thinkin nik but if u think the lakers have a chance against the suns, you're delusional. the lakers def have a shot advancing if they face denver, utah, and maybe even the clippers, but the suns?? not a chance.

You obviously don't know much about the playoffs...In a regular season match-up, yes, the Suns would have the edge against the Lakers...But when it comes to playoffs, the Suns are one of those teams who wont look as great. Lakers are all about playoffs, always have been. They're definitely a team that is known for stepping up come playoff time. Especially now with Phil... I think that if the Lakers face Phoenix in the first round, they have a good chance at advancing...Phoenix can never contend in the playoffs with their style of play. NEVER.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #605 on: February 23, 2006, 02:38:35 PM »
Do you Lakers fans think the Lakers are over-achieving or under-achieving?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #606 on: February 23, 2006, 02:50:09 PM »
I think they're playing where they should be considering all the young players on the team.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #607 on: February 23, 2006, 03:58:54 PM »

Under-achieving...They can achieve much more than they currently are, I believe so.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #608 on: February 23, 2006, 04:14:11 PM »
To get back on topic, Lakers got a big game tonight against the Kings...It's time for the Lakers to step up and finally prove that they ain't no joke. With the playoffs nearing, it's time to gain some momentum...And who better to do it against than the Kings?... 8)

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #609 on: February 23, 2006, 07:14:49 PM »

You obviously don't know much about the playoffs...In a regular season match-up, yes, the Suns would have the edge against the Lakers...But when it comes to playoffs, the Suns are one of those teams who wont look as great. Lakers are all about playoffs, always have been. They're definitely a team that is known for stepping up come playoff time. Especially now with Phil... I think that if the Lakers face Phoenix in the first round, they have a good chance at advancing...Phoenix can never contend in the playoffs with their style of play. NEVER.

don't know much about the playoffs??  ::)   i know that the suns swept the grizzlies and beat the mavs last season and took it to the Conference finals..they looked pretty good to me during the playoffs..that certainly doesn't qualify you as "not looking as great", its hard to better the 62-20 record they had during the season unless you win the whole thing.

Suns are gna make it back to the Conference finals and this time they're gonna beat the defending champs. they definately wont get knocked out in the first round by the Lakers...not even the great Kobe & Phil can take down the MVP, Amare, & Marion, they're just too much

yeah the Lakers stepped it up during playoffs but that was when the most dominating player in the NBA was on the team...now..not so much. but who am i kidding, this will go on for days, and im really not in the mood to keep arguing so im gonna leave it at that and we'll see come playoff time, plez jus leave it at that.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 07:26:56 PM by h cottie »

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #610 on: February 23, 2006, 07:24:14 PM »
newayz im waitin 4 the laker game to start on TNT, best thing on television tonight. last time they played i stayed up thru the whole game becaus it was one of the most entertaining games i've watched all season, plus Kobe Vs. Artest shud be a sight to see.

Prediction LA wins 101-97

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #611 on: February 23, 2006, 10:15:34 PM »
Fried, baked, and sauteed. If the lakers beat the clips tomorrow, California is their throne. 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #612 on: February 24, 2006, 11:09:26 AM »

don't know much about the playoffs??  ::)   i know that the suns swept the grizzlies and beat the mavs last season and took it to the Conference finals..they looked pretty good to me during the playoffs..that certainly doesn't qualify you as "not looking as great", its hard to better the 62-20 record they had during the season unless you win the whole thing.

Suns are gna make it back to the Conference finals and this time they're gonna beat the defending champs. they definately wont get knocked out in the first round by the Lakers...not even the great Kobe & Phil can take down the MVP, Amare, & Marion, they're just too much

yeah the Lakers stepped it up during playoffs but that was when the most dominating player in the NBA was on the team...now..not so much. but who am i kidding, this will go on for days, and im really not in the mood to keep arguing so im gonna leave it at that and we'll see come playoff time, plez jus leave it at that.

Please just leave it at that? LOL. Don't feel like hearing about it, do ya? Memphis and Dallas? Again, 2 teams known for not doing shit in the playoffs...Phoenix can't run-and-gun against Phil's brilliant half court offense in the playoffs. The half court offense will almost always win...EVERY Phil Jackson team steps it up in the playoffs, not just the 3peat Lakers with Shaq. Do you know that Phil Jackson said it takes at least 2 years to fully understand the triangle offense? If the Laker play like they did last night in the playoffs, they will be a TOUGH match-up...I don't only think they'll play like they did last night, I think they'll EXCEED that level of play come playoff time...But like you said, we'll see come playoff time...PeACe

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #613 on: February 24, 2006, 11:40:43 AM »
Bynum got his ass partied las nite...i was hopin turiaf wud get the ball but wen i saw bynum go up with it i figured, hell it wud be sick to see him throw it down, but it didnt happen  :laugh:

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #614 on: February 24, 2006, 06:46:01 PM »
Battle 4 LA comin up soon on ESPN....this shud be a good game, the lakers with kobe on the court have so much more intensity than usual, clips are in a lil drought but i predict they get out of it with a last minute moneyball by Cassell, Clips Win 103-100 (OT)