Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 282891 times)

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #615 on: February 24, 2006, 07:48:43 PM »
Lakers startin off shirtty. 0-8 FG so far..mobleys lightin it up early

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #616 on: February 24, 2006, 07:49:43 PM »
i can just feel E-Crazy's joy 3000 miles away  :laugh:

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

ecrazy

« Reply #617 on: February 24, 2006, 10:52:58 PM »
i can just feel E-Crazy's joy 3000 miles away  :laugh:
lol.....Walton said it perfectly "How Embarrassing"....I wanted a close game, that was just sad, next two times i want the clippers to beat the lakers by a close margin, make it an exciting game to watch at least....

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #618 on: February 24, 2006, 11:45:50 PM »
game was more lopsided than the Knicks/Nets before it

best part of e-crazy's night: the numerous MVP chants for Elton Brand

ecrazy

« Reply #619 on: February 25, 2006, 01:04:26 AM »
game was more lopsided than the Knicks/Nets before it

best part of e-crazy's night: the numerous MVP chants for Elton Brand
oh you know it!

came up on $45 bucks too and i got my mega number right, so i won a dollar....and had celebration sex with my girl afterwards..... to make it the best day ever would have been if i won that 212 million dollar jackpot..but it still was a good day

acbaylove

« Reply #620 on: February 25, 2006, 01:14:05 AM »
Embarassing.

K. Bryant   39 pts
C. Mihm   11
B. Cook   9
S. Parker   8
L. Odom   8
D. George   4
S. Vujacic   4
K. Brown   0
R. Turiaf   0
L. Walton   0
D. Green   0

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #621 on: February 25, 2006, 01:15:12 AM »
i like your method of thinkin nik but if u think the lakers have a chance against the suns, you're delusional. the lakers def have a shot advancing if they face denver, utah, and maybe even the clippers, but the suns?? not a chance.

You obviously don't know much about the playoffs...In a regular season match-up, yes, the Suns would have the edge against the Lakers...But when it comes to playoffs, the Suns are one of those teams who wont look as great. Lakers are all about playoffs, always have been. They're definitely a team that is known for stepping up come playoff time. Especially now with Phil... I think that if the Lakers face Phoenix in the first round, they have a good chance at advancing...Phoenix can never contend in the playoffs with their style of play. NEVER.

don't know much about the playoffs??  ::)   i know that the suns swept the grizzlies and beat the mavs last season and took it to the Conference finals..they looked pretty good to me during the playoffs..that certainly doesn't qualify you as "not looking as great", its hard to better the 62-20 record they had during the season unless you win the whole thing.

Suns are gna make it back to the Conference finals and this time they're gonna beat the defending champs. they definately wont get knocked out in the first round by the Lakers...not even the great Kobe & Phil can take down the MVP, Amare, & Marion, they're just too much

yeah the Lakers stepped it up during playoffs but that was when the most dominating player in the NBA was on the team...now..not so much. but who am i kidding, this will go on for days, and im really not in the mood to keep arguing so im gonna leave it at that and we'll see come playoff time, plez jus leave it at that.

I don't only think they'll play like they did last night, I think they'll EXCEED that level of play come playoff time...But like you said, we'll see come playoff time...PeACe

lol

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #622 on: February 25, 2006, 01:16:11 AM »
Embarassing.

K. Brown   0

havent u been listening to NIK?!?! Its his small hands!

acbaylove

« Reply #623 on: February 25, 2006, 07:38:10 AM »
Embarassing.

K. Brown   0

havent u been listening to NIK?!?! Its his small hands!

Oooh! :o

Somebody quick give Kwame a good pair of gloves!! Size XXL.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #624 on: February 25, 2006, 01:48:26 PM »
You get a prop antonio 4 bein the only laker fan with the balls to show up after that horrendous loss.

acbaylove

« Reply #625 on: February 25, 2006, 05:22:25 PM »
Man I just had to write that the shit i've seen was absolutely disgusting. I woke up at 5 a.m. to see the game live, i was pretty optimistic, but shit they ruined my whole day with that bullshit. Clippers are 2-1 against the Lakers, there's nothing to add. We're for the 2nd straight year the 2nd best team in Los Angeles. Man i'm a Laker fan, but at the same time i'm an NBA fan, and i'm extremely realistic. I'm not like Nik or Addicted to Beef who will probably find 2000 excuses, i don't like excuses: we sucked. This year the Clippers are a better team than us, i've said it 3 months ago too. We basically destroyed our season by trading Caron Butler, our best rising star with great market, for extremely disappointing Kwame Brown. That move killed us for good, and i was been the first one in this board to say it. So early that somebody questioned my Laker pride. Fuck that. Just admit this team sucks.

wcsoldier

« Reply #626 on: February 26, 2006, 02:48:26 AM »
Man I just had to write that the shit i've seen was absolutely disgusting. I woke up at 5 a.m. to see the game live, i was pretty optimistic, but shit they ruined my whole day with that bullshit. Clippers are 2-1 against the Lakers, there's nothing to add. We're for the 2nd straight year the 2nd best team in Los Angeles. Man i'm a Laker fan, but at the same time i'm an NBA fan, and i'm extremely realistic. I'm not like Nik or Addicted to Beef who will probably find 2000 excuses, i don't like excuses: we sucked. This year the Clippers are a better team than us, i've said it 3 months ago too. We basically destroyed our season by trading Caron Butler, our best rising star with great market, for extremely disappointing Kwame Brown. That move killed us for good, and i was been the first one in this board to say it. So early that somebody questioned my Laker pride. Fuck that. Just admit this team sucks.
What did you expect  in the beginning of the season ? We just an average team who lost shitty games against shitty teams lots of time. With the current roster (inexperienced and with one the most talented player BUT the most inconsistent too ; Lamar), any Lakers fans should be a bit satisfied that we are still in the playoffs race. Of course Lakers history is all about wins but as you said "BE REALISTIC". I wouldn't say we suck, we just a very inconsistent team. Of course the Butler- Brown was a VERY weak move  but we talk about Kuchpack. With Brown, we have a solid post defender but a non offensive factor when with Butler, we lost a very solid offensive weapon that would help Kobe a lot...

acbaylove

« Reply #627 on: February 26, 2006, 04:07:17 AM »
What did you expect in the beginning of the season ?

Shit, i'm realistic like i said, and i wasn't expecting us to be contenders, but damn at least i was expecting us to have a better record than Rudy T.'s era. Rudy T. left us in the #6 spot, with a 24-19 record (.558%). He had tons of problems (Divac, Malone and George out for the season, Bryant injured, new playbook, new staff, the media hating on the Shaq trade, the Staples Center with less fans, etc..). Today Phil's team has a 28-27 record (.509%) and is risking to miss the #8 spot. We're playing WORSE than in the last season (obviously i don't consider the second half of the season as "credible"). I was expecting more, yeah. From the players and from Phil.

We just an average team who lost shitty games against shitty teams lots of time. With the current roster (inexperienced and with one the most talented player BUT the most inconsistent too ; Lamar), any Lakers fans should be a bit satisfied that we are still in the playoffs race. Of course Lakers history is all about wins but as you said "BE REALISTIC"

I'm satisfacted about the #8 spot, don't get me wrong. To fail the Playoff is a situation i've never predicted, and i refuse to think about it. But we've traded Caron Butler without finding a soluction for the PF spot. And Odom is still here, playing one night as an All Star and the next one like Sasha Vujacic. I'm mad at the whole situation, cause we've wasted 2 years in Bryant's career. And it's a luxury we can't afford.

I wouldn't say we suck, we just a very inconsistent team. Of course the Butler- Brown was a VERY weak move  but we talk about Kuchpack. With Brown, we have a solid post defender but a non offensive factor when with Butler, we lost a very solid offensive weapon that would help Kobe a lot...

Man it's impossible to give 7 millions per year to a player who makes 0 points against the Clippers. Impossible. Cook is outplaying him, shit. COOOOOK!!!!!!!!!! Not Malone!

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #628 on: February 26, 2006, 11:21:57 AM »
I missed the Laker/Clipper game but damn... wtf is up with this team. One game we completely run shit and the next game play like complete garbage. We haven't had any consistency this season. It's frustrating to watch.

I was hoping we'd find that consistency by now but damn...
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

wcsoldier

« Reply #629 on: February 26, 2006, 11:41:20 AM »
What did you expect in the beginning of the season ?

Shit, i'm realistic like i said, and i wasn't expecting us to be contenders, but damn at least i was expecting us to

I wouldn't say we suck, we just a very inconsistent team. Of course the Butler- Brown was a VERY weak move  but we talk about Kuchpack. With Brown, we have a solid post defender but a non offensive factor when with Butler, we lost a very solid offensive weapon that would help Kobe a lot...

Man it's impossible to give 7 millions per year to a player who makes 0 points against the Clippers. Impossible. Cook is outplaying him, shit. COOOOOK!!!!!!!!!! Not Malone!
Yep you right. Brown hasn't improved with Phil so I don't see being optimistic about him in the future.