Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 283103 times)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #675 on: March 01, 2006, 10:06:34 PM »
smush parker fucks up

http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3DWLPYOFMYHRQ2E1RFDLDAIC8Z

if Smush was a PASSING POINT GUARD  he would of gotten the ball to kobe in the post...but he's not ,he's a piece of crap...jason kidd would of gotten the ball to kobe
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 10:09:10 PM by K.B. Mr.81 »

rik

« Reply #676 on: March 01, 2006, 10:20:32 PM »
^ ur right on that. Kobe should slap the shit out his ass.

acbaylove

« Reply #677 on: March 02, 2006, 02:56:05 AM »
Oh c'mon, i think it's time to see the good things about this team, for once. Look at the age of our players.

33 Aaron McKie
28 Devean George
27 Kobe Bryant
26 Brian Cook
26 Luke Walton
26 Slava Medvedenko
26 Chris Mihm
26 Lamar Odom
24 Smush Parker
23 Kwame Brown
23 Ronny Turiaf
23 Devin Green
22 Sasha Vujacic
20 Von Wafer
18 Andrew Bynum

That's a very very very young team, unexperienced. We miss some pieces of the puzzle to become consistent, and this season we will probably continue to struggle like that to reach the #8 spot for the Play Offs, but our future is not "that" bad. I mean we have a very young team who will have tons of cap space in 2 seasons. We, as fans, just gotta "survive" till then by watching Brown, Vujacic, Parker etc.. playing like  young players do, mixing good things with other horrible ones. Parker did a mistake, ok, but he's a 24 years old PG in his first "real" season in the NBA, i forgive him. I just want Odom to step up and to became a co-star, not just the wonderful "role player" he is right now. Kobe needs help.

wcsoldier

« Reply #678 on: March 02, 2006, 07:26:00 AM »
We are gonna regret(I hope not) these losses against shitty teams . March is gonna be a very difficult month when it comes to our schedule. We have to step it up and being consistent, I don't know if we will able to stay focused though. Fortunately Houston and Sac have hard schedules too

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #679 on: March 02, 2006, 09:30:16 AM »
rik...my fav team is the Rockets

and looking at that clip, it looked as if the reaper was tryin to run into the lane and kick it out to Lamar for 3 caus he was open, but got his ass stripped by Darius.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

wcsoldier

« Reply #680 on: March 02, 2006, 09:33:49 AM »
rik...my fav team is the Rockets

and looking at that clip, it looked as if the reaper was tryin to run into the lane and kick it out to Lamar for 3 caus he was open, but got his ass stripped by Darius.
of course it's a mistake but if we were focused and consistent, a game vs Portland wouldn't be won or lost on the last possession, THAT's the problem

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #681 on: March 02, 2006, 09:37:30 AM »
yea i agree with that statement soldier, they shouldnt of been in that position in the first place

If you could sum up the Lakers season so far in one word, what would it be?

my word would be Inconsistant.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

wcsoldier

« Reply #682 on: March 02, 2006, 10:13:44 AM »
yea i agree with that statement soldier, they shouldnt of been in that position in the first place

If you could sum up the Lakers season so far in one word, what would it be?

my word would be Inconsistant.
same word, more details;1) we gave games to ; NJ, Chicago, Memphis (2 times), Sacramento, Washington, Atlanta
2) Lost against Portland 2 times, Minnesota 3 times, Boston, Charlotte
3) 12-16 in 6 pts or less games
4) 4-10 in back to back ( it isn't being tired I point out)

All of that are little things that separate a good team from the average team we are

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #683 on: March 02, 2006, 10:17:13 AM »
Even the Zen Master's gotta get pissed off once in a while. i imagine he balled the team out after las night.

.125% from 3pt land, 15 assists, 17 TO's

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #684 on: March 02, 2006, 12:24:19 PM »
Oh c'mon, i think it's time to see the good things about this team, for once. Look at the age of our players.

33 Aaron McKie
28 Devean George
27 Kobe Bryant
26 Brian Cook
26 Luke Walton
26 Slava Medvedenko
26 Chris Mihm
26 Lamar Odom
24 Smush Parker
23 Kwame Brown
23 Ronny Turiaf
23 Devin Green
22 Sasha Vujacic
20 Von Wafer
18 Andrew Bynum

That's a very very very young team, unexperienced. We miss some pieces of the puzzle to become consistent, and this season we will probably continue to struggle like that to reach the #8 spot for the Play Offs, but our future is not "that" bad. I mean we have a very young team who will have tons of cap space in 2 seasons. We, as fans, just gotta "survive" till then by watching Brown, Vujacic, Parker etc.. playing like  young players do, mixing good things with other horrible ones. Parker did a mistake, ok, but he's a 24 years old PG in his first "real" season in the NBA, i forgive him. I just want Odom to step up and to became a co-star, not just the wonderful "role player" he is right now. Kobe needs help.

Major props...Maybe I was a little harsh on you when you were lacking faith, but I hope you can see why now. Times like these are when you can tell the real fans from the fakes...I simply can't believe the things K.B. Mr.81 has said in this thread, especially that he's claiming to be a Laker fan and making those comments...It's one thing to be pissed with your team, it's another to make it public and basically shit on them...PeACe

PS. Despite all these disappointing losses, Lakers WILL make the playoffs...No way they fall out of the race this late in the year. We've seen the negetive, it's time for some positive, no?

acbaylove

« Reply #685 on: March 02, 2006, 01:24:31 PM »
Man that's the perfect team to make you crazy. One night they execute everything right, playing great triangle basketball, playing wonderful defence, looking like a fully loaded team, and the very next night they get outplayed by the Hawks. I mean.. the Hawks! I can't stand horrible games like the one against the Clippers, but when i see people like Parker getting dissed then.. NO, i have to disagree, strongly. Those players are doing everything they can, it's just that they ain't a perfect "mix". This team doesn't have a Karl Malone, or a Robert Horry, or a Rick Fox, a Ron Harper, a Brian Shaw, a Gary Payton, a.. you know.. a veteran experienced player to lead them. Kobe and George are the oldest guys in the active roster! They need help. And the guy who gotta step up is Odom. I've always criticized both Odom and Brown, cause they are potentially two All-Star calyber player who ain't playing on their level. They could co-lead this team, but ain't doing it. The Brown trade looked bad to me because i didn't think Brown was ready yet for us, in fact he isn't. And because by trading Butler we traded our only real scorer other than Kobe. It was been a mistake, but let's stop crying about it and let's look ahead. Our future ain't bad. From this season i was expecting to reach the playoffs, and we can still do it. In the next year i'll expect some good trades in the summer and at least the 2nd round in the playoffs. In 2 years i'll expect us to be contenders. We could still do it. I want to believe it.

33 Aaron McKie
28 Devean George
27 Kobe Bryant
26 Brian Cook
26 Luke Walton
26 Slava Medvedenko
26 Chris Mihm
26 Lamar Odom
24 Smush Parker
23 Kwame Brown
23 Ronny Turiaf
23 Devin Green
22 Sasha Vujacic
20 Von Wafer
18 Andrew Bynum

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #686 on: March 02, 2006, 01:57:49 PM »
man,shut the fuck up with your "real fan" bullshit,,REAL FANS would be mad right now,,this is bullshit!!  these guys don't come to play every night,,,they are not a team,,they are bums...did i mention this is BULLSHIT.....HOW CAN YOU LOOK GREAT AGAINST THE MAGIC AND THEN LOOK LIKE CRAP AGAINST THE BLAZERS...HOW CAN YOU PLAY HARD AND BEAT SOME GOOD TEAMS AND THEN LAY AN EGG AGAINST THE SHIT TEAMS OF THE NBA...

THAT'S WHAT I GET ANGRY AT...AND YOU SHOULD TO...THIS LAKER TEAM SHOULD HAVE 12 MORE WINS

acbaylove

« Reply #687 on: March 02, 2006, 02:06:46 PM »
^ The Los Angeles Times has a good article online who could help finding a soluction to our drama.

McKie's Absence Affects Rotation
By Mike Bresnahan, Times Staff Writer
March 2, 2006

PORTLAND, Ore. — Call it the Aaron McKie effect.

Through no real fault of his own, other than a severely strained quadriceps tendon, the 12th-year guard has missed 44 games and set off a chain reaction in his one season with the Lakers.

His absence since the first week of December has meant more minutes for Kobe Bryant, a weaker exterior defense and a less experienced backcourt, particularly in late-game situations.

It has also forced the Lakers to look for additional backcourt help even though the trade deadline passed last Thursday. The availability of veterans Penny Hardaway and Tony Delk was discussed internally (Delk since signed with Detroit), and the Phoenix Suns' waiving of Jim Jackson on Wednesday was noted by the organization. Former Clipper Rick Brunson is also available.

"We're out trying to help this team whatever way we can," Coach Phil Jackson said. "We're happy with our players and we want to see them have success, but yet we know that there are players out there that can help us, and if we have that opportunity, we have to help ourselves."

None of the players are shoo-ins to sign with the Lakers, much less help: Hardaway's physical condition is somewhat of an unknown, Jackson has been with 11 teams in 14 seasons and Brunson played only four games this season with Seattle.

But the Lakers will continue looking as long as McKie's return remains unclear. Teams can add unsigned free agents until April 20, the last day of the regular season.

Said Jackson: "If we knew Aaron could come back and we could count on him, we wouldn't be as concerned as we are looking at having to go through the rest of this season and the playoffs with this really young guard crew."

Ronny Turiaf became a national story by playing for the Lakers seven months after open-heart surgery. Now his celebrations from the bench after deserving Laker baskets are making nightly highlight shows.

He has two mainstays, the six-gun shooter and the Antoine Walker shimmy "with my Caribbean style," said Turiaf, who compares himself to the Cincinnati Bengal receiver who unveiled creative end zone exclamations after every touchdown.

"I'm just trying to get my teammates loose," Turiaf said. "I think I'm the Chad Johnson of basketball."

Jackson seems OK with it, for the most part.

"This team has some deadbeats on it anyway, and the coach is one of them," Jackson said wryly. "It's good to have some people out there enthusiastic about the game. But there's a certain amount of energy that you release when you do things like that. It's nice to save that for the game."

acbaylove

« Reply #688 on: March 02, 2006, 02:10:22 PM »
LMAO at Phil's last comment.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #689 on: March 02, 2006, 03:35:07 PM »
man,shut the fuck up with your "real fan" bullshit,,REAL FANS would be mad right now,,this is bullshit!!  these guys don't come to play every night,,,they are not a team,,they are bums...did i mention this is BULLSHIT.....HOW CAN YOU LOOK GREAT AGAINST THE MAGIC AND THEN LOOK LIKE CRAP AGAINST THE BLAZERS...HOW CAN YOU PLAY HARD AND BEAT SOME GOOD TEAMS AND THEN LAY AN EGG AGAINST THE SHIT TEAMS OF THE NBA...

THAT'S WHAT I GET ANGRY AT...AND YOU SHOULD TO...THIS LAKER TEAM SHOULD HAVE 12 MORE WINS

I am angry...But I don't make retarded comments about my team and put HEAVY doubt in them publicly...Learn to channel your angers. Lakers goal right now is playoffs, which is EASILY obtainable...They HOPE they can get into a 6th or 7th seed, which is also very obtainable...We'll see how it plays out, so far they've been inconsistant, but things usually tend to get better later in the season under Phil...PeACe