Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 283744 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #780 on: March 07, 2006, 10:03:50 AM »
Oh yeah and that flagrant foul call was bullshit.

yup, it was a great play by L.Odom..props to Lamar for gettin physical

http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2WU1UVD6P5EU63HVHSEB4XK57H

Horrible call...But then again, the whole game was a series of horrible calls...Did anyone catch the 3 Kobe hit? He was WELL behind the line and they ruled it a 2...LOL. That was just ridiculous...And it's when we were catching up too... ::)
Yeah that was COMPLETE bullshit. The spurs must of bribed the refs or something for them to be getting away with all those calls. It's the only way they can stop kobe from raining 3's, I guess.
The Spurs are just upset because L.O. made one of their players his bitch. 8)

rik

« Reply #781 on: March 07, 2006, 01:05:43 PM »
Oh yeah and that flagrant foul call was bullshit.

yup, it was a great play by L.Odom..props to Lamar for gettin physical

http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2WU1UVD6P5EU63HVHSEB4XK57H
Hell yeah i couldnt believe it. Thats two games in a row (against the top two teams) that the refs fukin us.

Horrible call...But then again, the whole game was a series of horrible calls...Did anyone catch the 3 Kobe hit? He was WELL behind the line and they ruled it a 2...LOL. That was just ridiculous...And it's when we were catching up too... ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #782 on: March 07, 2006, 02:19:18 PM »
Hell yeah i couldnt believe it. Thats two games in a row (against the top two teams) that the refs fukin us.

Yup...I guess they respect the elite teams more and tend to favor them. But that's just how they work...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #783 on: March 07, 2006, 03:38:39 PM »
I also wanna clarify that they didn't credit TWO 3 pointers by Kobe which were clearly 3's...Here's one at the 4:25 mark.

Then there was another at the 2:33 mark...

Play-by-play:
W. Parker Jump Shot: Made (21 PTS) 2:45
[SAS 100-88]
2:33
[LAL 91-100] Bryant Jump Shot: Made (42 PTS)
Finley Turnover: Lost Ball (2 TO) Steal: Odom (2 ST) 2:20
2:12 George Jump Shot: Missed
Team Rebound 2:10
Finley Jump Shot: Made (21 PTS)
Assist: Ginobili (3 AST) 1:54
[SAS 103-91]
1:48 Team Timeout: Regular
1:38 Bryant Jump Shot: Missed
Ginobili Rebound (Off: Def:6) 1:36
(1:34) Jump Ball Odom vs Ginobili
Finley Jump Shot: Missed 1:15
1:13 Odom Rebound (Off:4 Def:3)
Bowen Foul: Personal (5 PF) 1:06
1:06
[LAL 91-103] Bryant Free Throw 1 of 2 (42 PTS)
Bowen Substitution replaced by Barry 1:06
1:06
[LAL 92-103] Bryant Free Throw 2 of 2 (43 PTS)

That was a huge downer along with the bullshit flagrant foul call, which was a HUGE momentum killer and cost us 3 points (cuz Parker missed both free throws, but they got the ball back and hit a 3)...Also along with NO FOULS called for Kobe when he was attacking the whole fucking game! The reffing was simply pathetic, though San Antonio DID hit those huge shots, and you can't blame that on the reffing, but the loss did somewhat have something to do with the reffing, and I'm definitely not disappointed by it...I think that the Lakers have what it takes to be a strong team in the playoffs...I'm really looking forward to the last 21 games...PeACe

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #784 on: March 07, 2006, 04:08:10 PM »
I recorded the game but I haven't watched it, I'm sure it would piss me off, especially based on what you guys are saying. It seems like they gave a good effort and played hard, and that's all I want from this team, to play hard and to play with passion. The losses don't hurt as much if I know the guys are giving their all in the game.

Anyway, we can't let up against NO. They're a solid club and we'd better bring our A game. Their PG, Chris Paul, is that his name? He destroyed us last time.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #785 on: March 07, 2006, 04:23:13 PM »
Yea...And best believe it'll be a REALLY tough game. First sporting event in New Orleans since Katrina, you KNOW for a fact that the fans are gunna be passionate, emotions will be running through the building, and the Hornets will do everything in their power to supply the town with a gift of a win. On top of that, the Hornets are on a losing streak and we know how that sits with the Lakers...They might have to play even harder than they did against the Pistons if they wanna win this one...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #786 on: March 07, 2006, 04:35:08 PM »
McKie might still return...From today:

-OC Register
The Lakers are bringing in the veteran guard help of Jim Jackson, as expected. The signing of Jackson, 35, gives the Lakers a more experienced hand that Phil Jackson intends to play immediately to gauge the possibilities.

Jim Jackson will get a chance to play the role for which fellow veteran guard Aaron McKie, who should be back from his knee injury later this month, was signed: stability behind young guards Smush Parker and Sasha Vujacic. The Lakers haven't been satisfied with Vujacic's defense, in particular, lately.

"It's an opportunity for me to come in and play some good minutes and help some young guys get to the next level," Jackson said.

Jackson made 32 of 62 three-point shots for Phoenix in the playoffs last season, but has done little this season and had wanted to be traded out of Phoenix. Jackson ran the triangle 10 years ago in Dallas under Jim Cleamons.

Jackson wanted to sign with the Lakers in 2002 but settled for Sacramento. He went on to Phoenix and was cut by the Suns last Tuesday.

If Jackson has a big impact, Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak will be happy he held on to the remaining $2.5 million of his mid-level salary-cap exception for this season (the first $2.5 million went to McKie). Prorated for the remainder of the season, Jackson's salary will be around $500,000 and will wear No. 24.

Forward Slava Medvedenko, in the last year of his contract and not expected to play again this season because of a herniated disk, was cut to make room for Jackson. All the Lakers lose by releasing Medvedenko now is the right to exceed the salary cap in re-signing him for next season.

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/sports/atoz/article_1032803.php

rik

« Reply #787 on: March 07, 2006, 05:13:53 PM »
^ I'm surprised Jackson didn't play yesterday. Before the game Billy Mac asked Phil if he will play and Phil said he would.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #788 on: March 07, 2006, 05:20:38 PM »
^ I'm surprised Jackson didn't play yesterday. Before the game Billy Mac asked Phil if he will play and Phil said he would.

Phil never said he would play...He said he would suit up, but he never specified as to whether he would play or not.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #789 on: March 07, 2006, 06:55:56 PM »
IM PRETTY SURE THAT JIM JACKSON IS GOING TO PLAY 2MORROW 8)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #790 on: March 07, 2006, 07:27:56 PM »

DAT WOULD B TIGHT 8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #791 on: March 07, 2006, 07:50:09 PM »

DAT WOULD B TIGHT 8)
4 SHO 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #792 on: March 08, 2006, 09:32:40 AM »
Hopefully Turiaf gets some minutes again...Jim Jackson should also take some pressure off Luke and Sasha, so that should be good.

acbaylove

« Reply #793 on: March 08, 2006, 12:00:52 PM »
Hopefully Turiaf gets some minutes again...Jim Jackson should also take some pressure off Luke and Sasha, so that should be good.

Those two men could really help us. I'm positive minded.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #794 on: March 08, 2006, 03:28:54 PM »
Devean George is out for the next 2 games,  :( this is going to fuck up our rotation, he's being playing better lately, bad time for him to get injured.