Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 279005 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #885 on: March 16, 2006, 11:08:51 AM »
Good win. They needed it before heading to the east coast. Great game by L.O. but he fell shy of a triple double again. Has he ever got one this year?
I don't think so. Finally some good D , Propz to Kwame, very good job on containing Garnett, Luke has great games right now , Lamar is consistent..... The Defense is much more the Key of our success in the end of the season coz on the offense wide (outside turnovers) more players are consistent. If we coud shut opposite team offense down  like we did in Dec-Jan, a streak of wins is coming  8)

Good D? The D sucked last night...We played shitty and we managed to win. It wouldn't have been the case if we played a strong team. I'm not mad though...Kobe is off, 2 of our main contributors are out, we played weak defense for 90% of the game, and we still managed to win. Next is New Jersey followed by Cleveland...Both games on the road. It's time to step it up, especially our interior defense, because with no Mihm, we've been lacking in that area...PeACe

wcsoldier

« Reply #886 on: March 16, 2006, 11:49:22 AM »
Good win. They needed it before heading to the east coast. Great game by L.O. but he fell shy of a triple double again. Has he ever got one this year?
I don't think so. Finally some good D , Propz to Kwame, very good job on containing Garnett, Luke has great games right now , Lamar is consistent..... The Defense is much more the Key of our success in the end of the season coz on the offense wide (outside turnovers) more players are consistent. If we coud shut opposite team offense down  like we did in Dec-Jan, a streak of wins is coming  8)

Good D? The D sucked last night...We played shitty and we managed to win. It wouldn't have been the case if we played a strong team. I'm not mad though...Kobe is off, 2 of our main contributors are out, we played weak defense for 90% of the game, and we still managed to win. Next is New Jersey followed by Cleveland...Both games on the road. It's time to step it up, especially our interior defense, because with no Mihm, we've been lacking in that area...PeACe
Kwame did a good job on Garnett, and at least we didn' give 110+. Of course Min sucks but Seatlle too. The D was far from perfect (especially the periphery one) but it was better than last 2 games

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #887 on: March 16, 2006, 12:07:34 PM »

Kwame did a good job on Garnett, and at least we didn' give 110+. Of course Min sucks but Seatlle too. The D was far from perfect (especially the periphery one) but it was better than last 2 games

Kwame did a good job on Garnett, true, but he's been a good defender all year for us at the 4 and 5. I'm talking about our defense as a team, we allowed WAYYYYY too many open shots, even the last shot of the game by Marcus Banks was an uncontested 3. Luckily, he missed it, but how hard is it to defend the 3 point line? Our defense was about the same as it was against Sacramento and Seattle, those teams were just hot and took advantage of it. With Minnesota we got the win...It'll take a lot better defense to win against good teams...PeAcE

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #888 on: March 16, 2006, 04:42:59 PM »
the Laker game vs. New Jersey is gonna be on the YES network so ill be able to watch it

i expect a really good game, especially caus its the first Laker game i'll be watchin in a while  :D

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

keepin_it_real

« Reply #889 on: March 16, 2006, 06:12:46 PM »
There's still talk of us getting K.G. next year on FOXsports.com rumour section, that would be cool, but we'd probably have to give up half the team.

rik

« Reply #890 on: March 16, 2006, 06:13:48 PM »
There's still talk of us getting K.G. next year on FOXsports.com rumour section, that would be cool, but we'd probably have to give up half the team.
Lamar would for sure be one on them.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #891 on: March 16, 2006, 08:51:55 PM »
the Laker game vs. New Jersey is gonna be on the YES network so ill be able to watch it

i expect a really good game, especially caus its the first Laker game i'll be watchin in a while  :D

Lucky you get to see it live...They're airing it an hour and a half after tip-off here on KCAL 9...Is there any way to see YES Network live in LA? I hate delayed Laker games, they ruin it for me completely...Maybe theres a way to stream that shit online or something...Fuck...

rik

« Reply #892 on: March 16, 2006, 09:01:32 PM »

Lucky you get to see it live...They're airing it an hour and a half after tip-off here on KCAL 9...Is there any way to see YES Network live in LA? I hate delayed Laker games, they ruin it for me completely...Maybe theres a way to stream that shit online or something...Fuck...
Yeah man I also hate those delayed games fuckin KCAL 9 they should air it live.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #893 on: March 16, 2006, 09:24:34 PM »

Half the team?...If it went down, it would look something like Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown, Devean George, + 1st round pick for Kevin Garnett. I dunno what the possibility of it going down is, but I'd sure like Garnett on our team...Minnesota would look like this:

PG Marcus Banks...Troy Hudson
SG Rashad McCants...Trenton Hassel
SF Ricky Davis...Devean George
PF Lamar Odom...Eddie Griffin
C Kwame Brown...Mark Blount

Do you see Minnesota going into "rebuild mode"? They're probably gunna be forced to after trading Garnett...They're most likely gunna get a high pick in the draft along with a decent pick (from the Lakers). That means they're going young, and the potential of Marcus Banks and Rashad McCants, along with the potential of Ricky Davis to excell to elite status may very well make for one exciting team...Lamar Odom would finally have a lot less pressure on him, and would be more comfortable, possibly grabbing his first all-star appearance. Kwame Brown has already impressed the Minnesota staff with his ability to defend Garnett better than almost anyone in the NBA. Kwame would be known as mainly a defensive stopper and people will stop with all the "bust" bs once they realize that he is indeed a wonderful player to have when it comes to stopping the elite bigs of the league...They'll probably trade unhappy Marko Jaric as well for another good player...I think it could work for them if KG expresses his will to leave...PeACe

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #894 on: March 16, 2006, 11:55:43 PM »

don't really know how it would work. hope y'all dont mind if i talk about wats crackin durin the game.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

acbaylove

« Reply #895 on: March 17, 2006, 02:43:45 AM »
PG Marcus Banks...Troy Hudson
SG Rashad McCants...Trenton Hassel
SF Ricky Davis...Devean George
PF Lamar Odom...Eddie Griffin
C Kwame Brown...Mark Blount

That's a pretty good team here. If they're gonna loose KG, i think this is an acceptable scenario for them.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #896 on: March 17, 2006, 05:08:50 AM »
if there's ANY way for lakers to get garnett without losing kobe they should do it under all circumstances. they rather have kobe & garnett and some d-league gays, still contender material. fuck odom, brown, george and all that other crap if you can get garnett.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #897 on: March 17, 2006, 12:49:40 PM »
if there's ANY way for lakers to get garnett without losing kobe they should do it under all circumstances. they rather have kobe & garnett and some d-league gays, still contender material. fuck odom, brown, george and all that other crap if you can get garnett.

Bynum is also an untouchable for us...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #898 on: March 17, 2006, 12:51:07 PM »

don't really know how it would work. hope y'all dont mind if i talk about wats crackin durin the game.

Go ahead...I'm gunna be listening live on the radio anyways. I HATE delayed games, can't stand watching 'em when I know in the back of my head that the score is already decided...PeACe

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #899 on: March 17, 2006, 01:33:43 PM »
I feel sorry for Vince carter, Kobe is going to kill'em tonight for talking shit about his 81 points.

R.I.P. Vince Carter  :monkey_piss:  Jan 26, 1977 - March 17, 2006  ;D