Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 278897 times)

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #915 on: March 19, 2006, 08:51:44 PM »
i was in the city today so i cudnt see the game. i checked up on the score from my cell fone durin the 3rd quarter. lakers were up by like 10 or so and i figured it was over, but wen i checked later on the game was over 96-95 and i cudnt believe it. the refs* may have contributed in their own way but the cavs shudnt of gone on a 15-0 run in the 4th, and like y'all already know luke walton shuda called timeout at the end. not closin games out are gonna keep em from the 6th spot if they keep it up. they dont gotta worry bout the 8th spot caus #1 theyre in 7th (virtual tie) and #2 the hornets and jazz are shitty rite now

i wish i could peep this celtic game tmw caus the last one they played was INSAAAAANe. 

*zen haters

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

acbaylove

« Reply #916 on: March 20, 2006, 03:41:48 AM »
the refs* may have contributed in their own way but the cavs shudnt of gone on a 15-0 run in the 4th, and like y'all already know luke walton shuda called timeout at the end.

*zen haters

I agree. I haven't seen the game but clips, but damn a 15-0 run in the 4th quarter? Wtf? And yeah, Luke made a mistake, Phil said it too in the press conference. We've lost 11 games by 4 points or less. We miss the killer instinct, and it's pretty surprising talking about a Phil Jackson team. We gotta find a way to win those close games.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #917 on: March 20, 2006, 09:57:30 AM »
Yup...15-0 run was horrible. Lakers had a 2 minute slump in a 48 minute game, but the refs magnified that slump by 30 times...Kobe was literally getting beat up, LeBron was not even close to seeing him...I think the league is riding LeBron's nuts way too hard, I mean, was it not clear by watching the game that they were on two completely different levels? Of course, Kobe is so good that the refs need to be on LeBron's side in order for the match-up to be somewhat fair...Cav's got outplayed...PeACe

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #918 on: March 20, 2006, 10:33:17 AM »
y'all shud keep tally of all the refs that fuck you over, u mite find a genuine kobe hater and expose him  :o

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #919 on: March 20, 2006, 10:50:28 AM »
y'all shud keep tally of all the refs that fuck you over, u mite find a genuine kobe hater and expose him  :o

I somewhat place the blame on Kobe...I mean, he bitches at the refs for every bad call. I can imagine that he gets on their nerves, they see him as a Rasheed Wallace now. No way does that justify them holding it against him during a game, but I bet he'd get more calls in his favor if he was a little more friendly to the refs...PeACe

Citizen-Y

« Reply #920 on: March 20, 2006, 01:12:46 PM »
Laker fans complaining about officiating.  lol

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #921 on: March 20, 2006, 01:58:18 PM »
Kobe is no doubt the best player in the NBA but b/c of his little situation he went through a couple of years ago he's not allowed to be the face of the NBA thats reserved for the lebron's and the wade's (pretty boys that don't work for their recognition).

Before the cavs game kobe went to the line 13 times in 4 games, And then yesturday he got fucked again, , Hubie Brown & Mike Been kept on saying "Kobe got fouled,kobe got fouled" every single play.It was a fucking joke. They did a great job exposing those dirty refs. Kobe SHOULD get 15 Free throw attempts tonight.

BTW,there's only 14 games left in the season and 10 of the games are at staples center,This is the Lakers last chance to go on a winning streek they just have to focus. "c'mon Lakers you could do it,we're almost in the playoffs"  :rock:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 02:00:32 PM by Inglewood Ave »

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #922 on: March 20, 2006, 02:03:21 PM »
i can see where you're comin from but ur hatin on lebron and wade wayyy to much. theyre incredible young talents that have great all around stats. they're gonna be superstars for a long time in this league, they're both REAL young and already are doin it big in the NBA. stop with all the hate homie. u dont hafta like them but u dont gotta hate on em like u do. dont work for their recognition? peep the stats homeboy caus ur way off.

acbaylove

« Reply #923 on: March 20, 2006, 03:06:26 PM »
i can see where you're comin from but ur hatin on lebron and wade wayyy to much. theyre incredible young talents that have great all around stats. they're gonna be superstars for a long time in this league, they're both REAL young and already are doin it big in the NBA. stop with all the hate homie. u dont hafta like them but u dont gotta hate on em like u do. dont work for their recognition? peep the stats homeboy caus ur way off.

I do agree. Bryant > Wade / James, imo. But i don't hate on them. They are the future of the NBA.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #924 on: March 20, 2006, 03:20:13 PM »
I missed yesterday's game since I was at work but I'm glad I did. I probably would have hurled myself out of my living room window.

Of the games I've seen, there are some trends that I see that I don't like and need to be addressed ASAP.

First off is Kobe's shot selection. He's reverted back to his early season 10/30 awful shooting binge. Chill with the 3 pointers. I can't handle this dribble the ball for 10 seconds then hurl up a 3 while double teamed. It's sickening to watch. Bad offense = bad defense and when you brick 3's, that leads to transition offense for their opponents. Kobe is not the only one, all of the Lakers really need to chill with the 3 pointers.

Both Smush and Kobe gamble way too much on defense, trying to get steals. Yeah you get the steal every now and then but the other 9 times your man will beat you and be open for a drive or a J. Stop gambling and stick with your man.

In the 4th quarter of games, the Lakers defer to Kobe way too much, even making him bring the ball up on offense. This should not happen. Just because it's the 4th does not mean changing the game plan. No wonder Kobe is so tired lately. Smush and Lamar need to maintain offensive aggressiveness in the 4th quarter.

Our other problems are out of our hands due to injuries. Like it or not, Chris Mihm is our 3rd best player and if we lose either Kobe, Lamar, Chris or Smush, the team takes a huge hit. That's just how it is.

I like Lamar Odom's agressiveness offensively. He's been playing well since the all-star break and he's been playing like a man possessed the last 3 weeks. Luke Walton's play has improved also. Maybe he's not the useless scrub I thought he was.

Also, I hate to admit it, Bynum is seriously overrated by some of you guys. I haven't seen any indication that Bynum will be anything special other than just another Michael Olowakandi. To say you wouldn't trade him in a package for KG is baffling. You saw flashes of brilliance out of KG, Dwight Howard and Amare Stoudamire when they came out of high school. I haven't seen that out of Bynum. I hope I'm wrong and you guys are right.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Citizen-Y

« Reply #925 on: March 20, 2006, 03:20:51 PM »
Instead of hating on Wade and LeBron, maybe you should focus your hate on Kobe Bryant's pathetic supporting cast.  Every superstar needs a reliable second scoring option and one hasn't emerged yet in LA.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #926 on: March 20, 2006, 04:07:40 PM »
every1s gotta contribute if u want to be a championship caliber team. not just 1 or 2 superstars. look at the rockets, they have yao and t-mac but they need other players to contribute as well. 2 primary scorers wont win u the title. the whole team must contribute. depth is the key to championships

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #927 on: March 20, 2006, 04:22:14 PM »
i was readin this article b4 and i thought some of y'all would like the 1st paragraph ...the rest of it is pretty good as well

Inside Dish: Fans flock to see Kobe and the Lakers

By Dave D'Alessandro - SportingNews

When does a mediocre team become the best draw in the NBA? When it has SG Kobe Bryant on it. Through last weekend, the Lakers were the highest-drawing road team in the league with more than 18,800 fans per game. Next in line are the Heat, Cavs, Pistons and Spurs. . . .

Here's the worst part about being both a coach and G.M. this time of year: Bernie Bickerstaff, whose Bobcats probably will get the most pingpong balls in the May lottery, had a schedule last week that covered Salt Lake City (to see SF Adam Morrison), Dallas (to see C LaMarcus Aldridge), Charlotte (home game) and Philadelphia (to see SF Rudy Gay) in four consecutive days. . . .

Rockets SF Tracy McGrady's season, which some thought would include a run at the MVP award, probably is over after 47 games. The back problem will shelve him for five weeks, and he doesn't see the point of returning with a few games left in the season. Entering the week, the Rockets were 2-16 without him this season and still sliding. . . .

The weirdest collaboration since Elvis Costello and Burt Bacharach? Nuggets SF Carmelo Anthony has decided to sponsor an IndyCar Series driver, and his partner in the project is KISS bass player Gene Simmons. . . .

Rick Brunson, playing third-string point guard for the Rockets these days, has put his name in the running for the coaching vacancy at his alma mater, Temple. . . .

You recall that ugly relationship Celtics SF Paul Pierce had with George Karl during the 2002 World Championships? Long forgotten. Pierce, whom Karl had depicted as a selfish player during that awful tournament, says he has the utmost respect for Karl, who can't stop gushing over Pierce; he calls him one of the most complete basketball players in the NBA. . . .

This is the kind of stuff Suns PG Steve Nash doesn't want publicized: He recently built a pediatric cardiology ward at a hospital in Paraguay, where his wife is from. . . .

Heat C Alonzo Mourning became the most tenured player in team history last week with game No. 487 in a Miami uniform, one more than Keith Askins. Zo says the countdown to SG Dwyane Wade blowing past him already has begun. . . .

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich's top two choices for MVP, in no particular order, are Nash and Mavericks SF Dirk Nowitzki. He mentions Clippers PF Elton Brand, Pistons PG Chauncey Billups and Bryant as the runners-up. . . .

Nets PG Jason Kidd, who turns 33 this week, had an impressive back-to-back road stint last week: his 73rd career triple double (fourth all-time) one night after coming one assist shy of a triple double. He's getting used to missing by a whisker: He has missed a trip dub by a single digit in the box score 44 times in his career, including four times this season.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #928 on: March 20, 2006, 08:08:57 PM »
FINAL

LAKERS 105P 8)

BOSTON 97P

NEXT UP DA FUCKING KINGZ :psych:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #929 on: March 20, 2006, 08:11:47 PM »
Laker fans complaining about officiating.  lol

What's so funny? Are you retarded?...Lakers shot 0 free throws by the half in todays game. What's even more scary is that they had a lot more points in the paint than the Celtics by that point...Stu Lantz said about Kobe today "I have never EVER seen a superstar get as many no-calls as Kobe"... Laker fans complaining about officiating? You got that right, moron...