Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 279165 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #930 on: March 20, 2006, 08:18:31 PM »
i can see where you're comin from but ur hatin on lebron and wade wayyy to much. theyre incredible young talents that have great all around stats. they're gonna be superstars for a long time in this league, they're both REAL young and already are doin it big in the NBA. stop with all the hate homie. u dont hafta like them but u dont gotta hate on em like u do. dont work for their recognition? peep the stats homeboy caus ur way off.

Well, what he's saying, and rightfuly so, is that the league is riding the nuts of LeBron and Wade, trying to build them up as the faces of the NBA...Along with that, they blatantly hate on Kobe. Who knows if it's because of his rape-accusation (probably), but the NBA has obviously stopped marketing Kobe and are leaning towards marketing LeBron and making him the next best thing after Jordan in the public eye...LeBron and Wade are great, no doubt, it's just that they get a lot more love than Kobe does, even with refs, and that DEFINITELY should not be the case...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #931 on: March 20, 2006, 08:26:15 PM »
Also, I hate to admit it, Bynum is seriously overrated by some of you guys. I haven't seen any indication that Bynum will be anything special other than just another Michael Olowakandi. To say you wouldn't trade him in a package for KG is baffling. You saw flashes of brilliance out of KG, Dwight Howard and Amare Stoudamire when they came out of high school. I haven't seen that out of Bynum. I hope I'm wrong and you guys are right.

Bynum is not overrated, nobody said he is great right now. But put your money on it, he will be one of the only true bigs in the league in 5 years or so...In 10 years he's gunna be a monster... In 15 years he'll still be in his prime...KG will be LONGGGGGG gone by then, Bynum will still be a face of our franchise (hopefully a legendary one). Kareem is training this guy, man, it's his project...Everyone within the franchise is talking about what a great feel he has for the game...He's the backbone of Buss's future plan, and that's why Buss has said he WONT trade Bynum, and I'm in complete agreement...PeACe

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #932 on: March 20, 2006, 08:27:15 PM »
i understand wat he's saying and i agree with him that Kobe isn't regarded in the same light as he used to be before the trial. but that goes with a lot of things, NBA isnt the only one that backed away from Kobe since the trial. im not sayin that it's right, but if they wanna go with LeBron as the face of the NBA, good for them. he was the biggest thing to come out of high school, nobody has matched the hype of Lebron and he didn't faulter at all. alotta ppl were hopin he would suck dick in the NBA but he proved them all wrong and i think it's a good move on the NBA's part becaus Lebron is talented, marketable, and all the bullshit that goes along with it. IMO it's a good PR move, kobe shudnt of been fucked b/c of a dumb slut that set him up. but he still gets the million dollar checks so it's not the end of the world.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #933 on: March 20, 2006, 08:35:56 PM »
i understand wat he's saying and i agree with him that Kobe isn't regarded in the same light as he used to be before the trial. but that goes with a lot of things, NBA isnt the only one that backed away from Kobe since the trial. im not sayin that it's right, but if they wanna go with LeBron as the face of the NBA, good for them. he was the biggest thing to come out of high school, nobody has matched the hype of Lebron and he didn't faulter at all. alotta ppl were hopin he would suck dick in the NBA but he proved them all wrong and i think it's a good move on the NBA's part becaus Lebron is talented, marketable, and all the bullshit that goes along with it. IMO it's a good PR move, kobe shudnt of been fucked b/c of a dumb slut that set him up. but he still gets the million dollar checks so it's not the end of the world.

The point is that the NBA has basically made it out to be a Kobe=the heel vs. LeBron=the good guy. It's even affected the officiating on his game...He gets his check, but due to the marketing (and the dick-sucking), Kobe will NEVER undisputedly be regarded as the best ever, even if he does break ALL of Jordan's records, even if he wins 5 more rings...LeBron has it made for him in the NBA. He can even suck, he can not make playoffs, he can have the tendancy to step it down a notch in crunch-time, but yet the NBA has paved the way for him to be the next best thing...Not saying LeBron is not great, he's an excellent player, he's just not on Kobe/Jordan/Magic level as of now...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #934 on: March 20, 2006, 08:38:11 PM »
Also, to add another example...Why is no one talking about Dwight Howard? He's a player on LeBron's level, but see what the difference is when the NBA isn't riding the shit out of your dick?

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #935 on: March 20, 2006, 09:12:43 PM »
i know about all that nik, it aint like i live under a rock man. the only statement i dont agree with is Kobe's status as the undisputed GOAT. if he does break all of jordan's records and gets 5 more rings (which wont happen), he will be regarded as the greatest. if not in the mainstream media, every1 with an unbias opinion will know it. i dont think Kobe will get up to Jordan's level nor do i think Lebron will. lebron does have flaws in his game, he hasnt stepped up during crunch time, prob wont make it to the finals until the Cavs get some REAL depth (altho Lebron will get them to the playoffs). and so on and so forth.

when it's all said and done......Jordan > Kobe > Lebron

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #936 on: March 20, 2006, 09:24:50 PM »

When does a mediocre team become the best draw in the NBA? When it has SG Kobe Bryant on it. Through last weekend, the Lakers were the highest-drawing road team in the league with more than 18,800 fans per game. Next in line are the Heat, Cavs, Pistons and Spurs. . . .

8)

I was about to say that,Just heard it today on K-Cal 9 (<---they air Lakers road games)  ..That's why Dr.Buss decided to keep kobe over shaq b/c he could make more money of kobe then shaq  who is starting to put up career low numbers.(Kobe also became waaaay more populer in L.A. then shaq the last 2 years shaq was here).. Kobe is in his prime and is doing what Dr.Buss thought kobe was going to be doing...

62 pts in 3 quarters against the Mavs (in 33 minutes)

81 points against the raptors.....and avg 35 ppg.

The Celtics sold out tonight...And the Lakers been #1 on  Road attendence just shows that kobe is still populer and people want to see if he could score 81 points again..you could witness history if you go watch kobe play.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #937 on: March 20, 2006, 09:38:53 PM »
Now to the game....Well, Kobe and the Lakers got fucked again...Kobe should of gone to the Free throw line 20 times(he really got to the line 6 times the last 4 where in the final 40 seconds)  The Lakers got to the line 1 time in the 1st half and that was a "And 1" play by Kwame Brown (<---He's playing really good lately)  Lamar got called for 2 bullshit offensive fouls in the middle of the 4th quarter.

I don't know what the fuck's been going on with the refs the past 2 weeks...is like if they don't want to see us in the playoffs >:( >:(

But at least we got the win...but i do got to criticize kobe a little bit...he needs to recognize the hot shooter...Smush started the game 4-5 and kobe took 11 shots in the 1st quarter,,,,,those shots should of gone to smush....and there's been some games where lamar should of scored 30+ pts but kobe didn't recognize Lamar was HOT.

Now we got 13 games left....10 at home and is time for some revenge on the QUEENS wendsday night.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #938 on: March 20, 2006, 10:04:12 PM »
Laker fans complaining about officiating.  lol

What's so funny? Are you retarded?...Lakers shot 0 free throws by the half in todays game. What's even more scary is that they had a lot more points in the paint than the Celtics by that point...Stu Lantz said about Kobe today "I have never EVER seen a superstar get as many no-calls as Kobe"... Laker fans complaining about officiating? You got that right, moron...

The refs are probably getting sick of his holier than thou fucking attitude you fucking prick.  Everytime he shoots the ball he stares down the officials lobbying for a calll.  Also, leading the league in Techs isn't helping his cause.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #939 on: March 20, 2006, 10:12:30 PM »
i know about all that nik, it aint like i live under a rock man. the only statement i dont agree with is Kobe's status as the undisputed GOAT. if he does break all of jordan's records and gets 5 more rings (which wont happen), he will be regarded as the greatest. if not in the mainstream media, every1 with an unbias opinion will know it. i dont think Kobe will get up to Jordan's level nor do i think Lebron will. lebron does have flaws in his game, he hasnt stepped up during crunch time, prob wont make it to the finals until the Cavs get some REAL depth (altho Lebron will get them to the playoffs). and so on and so forth.

when it's all said and done......Jordan > Kobe > Lebron
Lebron will never be Kobe. He can get the stats, but I don't see him winning 3 rings. These days it's all about the rings. If Kobe can win even one more ring then you can make an arguement of him being as good as Jordan. (I know that ain't fair for Lebron, but that's just how shit is) Until then... :P Plus Kobe just got something that Lebron dosen't. I can't describe what it is. I mean, do you see Lebron wining 3 rings or scoring 81, I don't. Don't get me wrong James is phenominal and probably be counted among the greats, but when it's all said and done I don't think he'll be as good as Kobe. The only reason I got hope for Kobe being as good as Jordan is because Kobe at age 27 > Jordan at age 27. And Kobe definalty is gunning for Jordan's spot when he gets in his 30's. Kobe is just too hungery.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #940 on: March 20, 2006, 10:47:07 PM »
Ive noticed the bad officiating as of late for the Lakers and its driving kobe mad.I hate it that Kobe is complaining after every non call and i think if he would just chill he will eventually get more calls going his way.Im my eyes as of now i think kobe is the best player period.He still hasnt surpassed Jordan but Kobe is definenlty on his azz for the GOAT.Everyone needs to just chill and watch Kobe play and appreciate it and fuck comparing him to Jordan.

Doggystylin

« Reply #941 on: March 20, 2006, 10:51:53 PM »
Win vs Boston, they executed, good game but they still need to stay stronger in the 2nd half, they almost let Boston catch up, when the rest of the team plays well, lakers win, kobe cant do it all on his own every night

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #942 on: March 20, 2006, 11:12:09 PM »
Cracker Refs don't show kobe love , AGAIN....(Tonights game, Lakers vs celtics)

http://s32.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0C078V1UFPQ79315BLE4U1P3WO

« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 11:36:27 PM by Inglewood Ave »

wcsoldier

« Reply #943 on: March 20, 2006, 11:13:51 PM »
We had to win the Boston game so it's all good. I didn't see Cleveland or Boston games so I'm not gonna to comment..... Next Sac

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #944 on: March 20, 2006, 11:33:44 PM »
Plus Kobe just got something that Lebron dosen't. I can't describe what it is.

I do...That killer instinct. LeBron has admitted it himself, he said he doesn't have that killer instinct that Kobe has, and that's why he'll never be as great...PeACe