Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 279000 times)

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #7935 on: July 23, 2012, 12:42:40 PM »
still havent addressed the problem with the slow footed defense- Thunder is sitting back laughing at the whole west.  Front office is just trying to cash out while the getting is still good- nash is going to sell tickets and merch with the dynamic offense which fails in comparison to that team down the hall

Sccit

« Reply #7936 on: July 23, 2012, 12:48:02 PM »
still havent addressed the problem with the slow footed defense- Thunder is sitting back laughing at the whole west.  Front office is just trying to cash out while the getting is still good- nash is going to sell tickets and merch with the dynamic offense which fails in comparison to that team down the hall

LOL...fact of the matter is, Lakers imrpoved. OKC didn't. we were already competing with them before we acquired Nash+Jamison. OKC didn't address their lack of interior offense, while we addressed our point guard issue + firewpower off the bench.

Remedy360

« Reply #7937 on: July 23, 2012, 08:52:50 PM »

They're actually located in the midwest.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #7938 on: July 30, 2012, 03:00:41 AM »
i rather have younger talent, but i think this line up isnt bad and realistic

Nash/Blake/Morris
Bryant/Redd/Goudelock
Artest/McGrady/Ebanks
Gasol/Jamison/McRoberts
Bynum/Hill/O'Neal

lol 2004 all star team.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7939 on: August 06, 2012, 09:56:06 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CeiXqKAHLoo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/CeiXqKAHLoo</a>

BLUNT TYME

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7940 on: August 11, 2012, 11:04:41 PM »
i fucking hate bandwagon fans with a passion, they need to stay the fuck off my squad anyways i think if we do win the finals this year and D12 signs an extension, kobe is gonna start to slowly hand over the lakers to D12, he already said he'll be doin it in 2 or 3 years but if the championship happens i see it happening sooner

Sccit

« Reply #7941 on: August 12, 2012, 12:50:04 AM »
DWIGHT AINT A FRANCHISE PLAYER...HOPEFULLY, WE CAN WIN 2 TITLES AND TRADE HIM BACK FOR BYNUM. :-\

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7942 on: August 12, 2012, 08:19:05 PM »
D12 is a franchise player, and for the next 2 years Kobe will mold him into a great player. Howard just needs that extra push to get him to greatness. Right now Howard isn't ready to take over the team, but you can't be on Kobe's team and not be a killer. This year it's like Metta World Peace was ready to be Ron Artest again and rush the stands again. Gasol will be ready, Jamison actually might have been the best signing of the off season. I like our team, in 2006 we'd win the NBA championship. In 2012, it's still a very good team and I think has enough to get to Miami and play in the Finals.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7943 on: August 12, 2012, 09:18:05 PM »
D12 is a franchise player, and for the next 2 years Kobe will mold him into a great player. Howard just needs that extra push to get him to greatness. Right now Howard isn't ready to take over the team, but you can't be on Kobe's team and not be a killer. This year it's like Metta World Peace was ready to be Ron Artest again and rush the stands again. Gasol will be ready, Jamison actually might have been the best signing of the off season. I like our team, in 2006 we'd win the NBA championship. In 2012, it's still a very good team and I think has enough to get to Miami and play in the Finals.

ron lost weight and did cardio, looks like pacers ron

Sccit

« Reply #7944 on: August 13, 2012, 07:39:43 AM »

YA THINK?

Sccit

« Reply #7945 on: August 13, 2012, 07:41:03 AM »

ron lost weight and did cardio, looks like pacers ron

HOPEFULLY, WE GETTIN THE RON OF APRIL AND NOT THE RON OF JANUARY.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7946 on: August 13, 2012, 08:35:26 AM »
Ron will be ready, dude is beasting right now. I have no questions Ron will be the Ron Ron that'll rush a Detroit crowd. He looks ready to go. My only question is Gasol, but that gold medal game had me wishing he was on Team USA, so that's a good sign. Kobe is not Kobe anymore, but he's better than 90% of the players in the league. Nash ain't Nash no more, but he's better than 85% of the guards out there. And it looks like Ron Ron and D12 will man the D with Gasol getting his. I'm excited.

YA THINK?

And I think. I only question the age and what a full season does to the team. I don't worry about Ron Ron, I don't worry about Kobe, they are workout-a-holics. But I do worry about Nash losing a step against Russell Westbrook, I worry that Pau Gasol might go soft, I worry that Howard will have back problems, I worry that Jamison lost a step. These are questions that have to be answered before I start crowning the Lakers as NBA champions for the next two years.

Sccit

« Reply #7947 on: August 13, 2012, 09:00:29 AM »
KOBE IS STILL MUCH BETTER THAN PEOPLE GIVE HIM CREDIT FOR. IT'S AMAZING THAT A PLAYER OF HIS CALIBER HAS BEEN SO UNDERRATED THROUGHOUT THE YEARS. HE WAS 0.1 PPG AWAY FROM LEADING THE LEAGUE IN SCORING LAST YEAR, AT THE AGE OF 33. HE'S STILL ALL-NBA AND ALL-DEFENSE AND WILL BE EVEN BETTER THIS YEAR, WITH STEVE NASH 2 PLAY OFF OF. NASH-KOBE-ARTEST-PAU-DWIGHT...ARE U KIDDING ME? DUHON-MEEKS-EBANKS-JAMISON-HILL AS A 2ND UNIT...DWAMN! 3RD UNIT=BLAKE-GUODELOCK-CLARK-JOHNSONODOM-SACRE. BEASTMODE.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7948 on: August 13, 2012, 09:33:37 AM »
KOBE IS STILL MUCH BETTER THAN PEOPLE GIVE HIM CREDIT FOR. IT'S AMAZING THAT A PLAYER OF HIS CALIBER HAS BEEN SO UNDERRATED THROUGHOUT THE YEARS. HE WAS 0.1 PPG AWAY FROM LEADING THE LEAGUE IN SCORING LAST YEAR, AT THE AGE OF 33. HE'S STILL ALL-NBA AND ALL-DEFENSE AND WILL BE EVEN BETTER THIS YEAR, WITH STEVE NASH 2 PLAY OFF OF. NASH-KOBE-ARTEST-PAU-DWIGHT...ARE U KIDDING ME? DUHON-MEEKS-EBANKS-JAMISON-HILL AS A 2ND UNIT...DWAMN! 3RD UNIT=BLAKE-GUODELOCK-CLARK-JOHNSONODOM-SACRE. BEASTMODE.

As a big sports fan, like I am, you know injuries and underachieving are a possibility. Before this year, the best Laker team on paper was 2004, and we remember how that turned out, or the 1969 team, or the 1996-1997. It all looks good on paper, but you just have to do it, and it's a beasting team, Artest is a beast, Howard is a beast, Kobe is the greatest player of this generation, Nash is the best point guard since John Stockton, Gasol is Mr. International all-star, the bench looks solid. BUT, there are too many questions to answer and as a sports fan you know this. Will Howard stay off the IR, can Kobe adjust to this much talent, is Artest now guard the other teams best players, can Gasol show up in big moments, has Nash lost too many steps? These are legit questions and not amount of CAPS LOCKS will change this.

Remedy360

« Reply #7949 on: August 13, 2012, 12:38:27 PM »

Didn't know they got Duhon too. What an offseason.