Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 278845 times)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #7965 on: September 13, 2012, 09:49:59 PM »
i think we're already better..

i dont think we need ANY moves whatsoever...like i said, adding em would be an added bonus. but i dunno if i'd cut blake or duhon, i like them both over barbosa. t-mac might be physically worse, as well. if we can add em for nothing, i say do it. i wouldnt be thrilled to see mitch playin chess with 3rd unit players right now, though.

knicks and magic fans have said plenty that duhon is one of the worst players in the league.

blake? dude cant even shoot open 3s' nor does he even attempt to, nor can he drive or even draw defenders because hes a none scoring threat, i dont know how hes gonna even distribute or set up players when hes no threat at all.

he has a bit better defense, but thats about it. but having barbosa on this team would just be highway robbery

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sccit

« Reply #7966 on: September 13, 2012, 11:19:47 PM »

i dont think we need ANY moves whatsoever...like i said, adding em would be an added bonus. but i dunno if i'd cut blake or duhon, i like them both over barbosa. t-mac might be physically worse, as well. if we can add em for nothing, i say do it. i wouldnt be thrilled to see mitch playin chess with 3rd unit players right now, though.

knicks and magic fans have said plenty that duhon is one of the worst players in the league.

blake? dude cant even shoot open 3s' nor does he even attempt to, nor can he drive or even draw defenders because hes a none scoring threat, i dont know how hes gonna even distribute or set up players when hes no threat at all.

he has a bit better defense, but thats about it. but having barbosa on this team would just be highway robbery

blake is actually a solid bench player. usually plays smart and is a good facilitator...his services will be much less needed now with nash runnin the point, which should take a load off his shoulders. duhon had some solid years starting for the knicks. he's good at distributing, solid three point threat, and can get assists quick ...should be serviceable as a 2nd/3rd stringer.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7967 on: September 14, 2012, 05:15:30 AM »

blake is actually a solid bench player. usually plays smart and is a good facilitator...his services will be much less needed now with nash runnin the point, which should take a load off his shoulders. duhon had some solid years starting for the knicks. he's good at distributing, solid three point threat, and can get assists quick ...should be serviceable as a 2nd/3rd stringer.

Blake has been a blunder, I'd have I'm as our 3rd string pg n keep him just incase Barbosa doesn't do well, Duhon, his 3 point shot is there but sucks at everything else

But distribute? All he (blake) can do is Feed the post, which isn't setting up anybody, he can't drive or shoot open 3s so it's not like he's drawing defenders and setting people up, can't say much more about Duhon

Sccit

« Reply #7968 on: September 14, 2012, 06:44:08 AM »
he's a career 40% 3 point shooter, i think u should give him a lil more credit.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7969 on: September 24, 2012, 04:19:53 PM »
38.7% actually. And he hasn't averaged that in a season since coming to the Lakers.

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #7970 on: September 24, 2012, 05:01:59 PM »
Artest is just a roll player now. He knows what he has to do. Send him back to another team I'm sure he will be a 20ppg player again
The West is Back

Sccit

« Reply #7971 on: September 24, 2012, 05:24:54 PM »
38.7% actually. And he hasn't averaged that in a season since coming to the Lakers.

You get the point.. Boy can shoot there's

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7972 on: September 25, 2012, 12:28:44 AM »
Artest is just a roll player now. He knows what he has to do. Send him back to another team I'm sure he will be a 20ppg player again

yea artest knows his roll

;D

Sccit

« Reply #7973 on: September 25, 2012, 01:18:12 AM »

yea artest knows his roll

;D

were gunna see a vast improvement in his game...bet

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7974 on: September 25, 2012, 02:37:38 PM »
His days off averaging 20 ppg are long gone. He didn't even average 20 in Houston. He probably is capable of averaging 15 on a team with fewer options.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7975 on: September 25, 2012, 07:28:56 PM »
D12 is a franchise player, and for the next 2 years Kobe will mold him into a great player. Howard just needs that extra push to get him to greatness. Right now Howard isn't ready to take over the team, but you can't be on Kobe's team and not be a killer. This year it's like Metta World Peace was ready to be Ron Artest again and rush the stands again. Gasol will be ready, Jamison actually might have been the best signing of the off season. I like our team, in 2006 we'd win the NBA championship. In 2012, it's still a very good team and I think has enough to get to Miami and play in the Finals.

ron lost weight and did cardio, looks like pacers ron

HOPEFULLY, WE GETTIN THE RON OF APRIL AND NOT THE RON OF JANUARY.

look at him, he looks like how he was when he was a fresh player, looking pretty cut.

he has 5% body fat right now, and his goal is 3% which might be borderline dangerously low.

dude is putting in work, he'll be faster this year, hopefully being able to the stay in front, but if not hes a smart defender he has his tricks here and there.

and what the fuck, i did not fucking know u can resize this fucking post window, what the fuck throughout all the years, my fucking god. and i figure this out now.

Sccit

« Reply #7976 on: September 26, 2012, 07:55:42 PM »
yea...ron is comin back strong.

resize post window? whatutalkinbout?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7977 on: September 26, 2012, 10:52:45 PM »
Ron is a beast, and I love people sleeping on him, 'cause that's when he's at his best. The Lakers have 5 all-stars right now. Can't touch that.

Sccit

« Reply #7978 on: September 26, 2012, 11:20:12 PM »
Ron is a beast, and I love people sleeping on him, 'cause that's when he's at his best. The Lakers have 5 all-stars right now. Can't touch that.

ANTAWN JAMISON 8)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7979 on: September 27, 2012, 08:33:41 AM »

ANTAWN JAMISON 8)

True, if you look above, I did say that might have been the best signing this off season. I really, really like the Lakers' chances. I mean the only position in question was between a great defending center who can be an offensive force and a great offensive center who can be a defensive force. Seriously, that was the Lakers' biggest issue this off season. No wonder everyone hates.

But fuck it... Lakers are going back to where they belong, on top of the NBA. Greatest franchise... EVER!