Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 278988 times)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #8175 on: April 28, 2013, 08:08:02 PM »
lol you think anyone really wants to live out in houston? or dallas?

dwight isnt going anywhere.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8176 on: April 28, 2013, 08:26:02 PM »
I have learn two things this year. Yes Dwight is the best center in the NBA, and that means the center position in the NBA has got to be the most useless position in modern basketball. Neither Howard nor Bynum can be counted on to lead a team to the NBA title, Howard is a mess, 5 kids, 5 different women, this after coming into the NBA as a huge self proclaimed Christian as he spread Christian testimony. Howard can't hack it as the main person on a championship team. Then again, neither can Bynum. The Lakers best bet is to resign Howard, but over turn the roster so that they can get better pieces and find a true point guard who is a leader and will be the one take the last shots. Not sure where to find one, but the only way you win a title with Howard is if you have a young Steve Nash.

Sccit

« Reply #8177 on: April 28, 2013, 09:13:35 PM »
I personally don't want Dwight back.. He's gunna want a max extension - he ain't worth that.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8178 on: April 29, 2013, 05:20:40 AM »
I personally don't want Dwight back.. He's gunna want a max extension - he ain't worth that.

The only reason I say keep him is because there is no one better at his position. Although, maybe they try to get Kevin Love. He wants out of Minnesota.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8179 on: April 29, 2013, 09:53:26 AM »
Actually, looking at everything. The most he can sign for is with the Lakers for 117 million for 5 seasons. If he signs elsewhere he will be only able to get 88 million for 5 years. So the Lakers can pay him about 23.3 million a year, and another team can pay him about 17.6 million a year. Looking at everything, he is NOT worth the max contract other than he's the best center in the NBA. But right now the center position is so shitty that the two best centers are Howard and Bynum, both head cases who are locker room trouble makers. I'd offer NEITHER of them a max contract, and instead put Pau back at 5 and do a sign and trade with Howard to whatever team he wants. I'd look to get a true power forward, younger and athletic and then get a young PG who can be developed into a leader. Also, sign J.R. Smith as a back up to Kobe and be that off the bench three point shooter that they need.

Sccit

« Reply #8180 on: April 29, 2013, 10:13:33 AM »

The only reason I say keep him is because there is no one better at his position. Although, maybe they try to get Kevin Love. He wants out of Minnesota.

LOL, CHARLES BARKLEY AND SHAQ WERE BOTH RIGHT WHEN THEY SAID MARC GASOL IS THE BEST CENTER IN THE NBA....SHAQ SAYS DWIGHT AINT EVEN SECOND, HE'D TAKE BROOK LOPEZ OVER HIM. I AGREE.

BASICALLY, HE AINT WORTH A MAX EXTENSION, AND THERES NO WAY 2 ARGUE OTHERWISE.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8181 on: April 29, 2013, 10:23:49 AM »

LOL, CHARLES BARKLEY AND SHAQ WERE BOTH RIGHT WHEN THEY SAID MARC GASOL IS THE BEST CENTER IN THE NBA....SHAQ SAYS DWIGHT AINT EVEN SECOND, HE'D TAKE BROOK LOPEZ OVER HIM. I AGREE.

And the Lakers had Marc Gasol... LOL... ain't getting him back.

Nah, Howard is better than Lopez, by far, and Howard's numbers are way better than Gasol's, even during this crappy season.

Howard: 17ppg (20 in Orlando), 13rpg, 2.4bpg
Gasol M.: 14ppg, 8rpg, 1.7bpg

Numbers wise, I disagree. Now personality and leadership wise, I think Gasol is way better than Howard. Howard is too much of a head case, he has too many problems and he is a hypocrite. His has huge character flaws, which would mean I'd rather have someone like Marc Gasol on my team. Gasol is not as good as Howard, but he is able to perform better in critical times and be a leader when needed.

Bottom line, Howard has all the tools to be the best center today, and his numbers show he is the best center today. BUT Gasol is able to perform at the right time and do what is needed in order for his teams to win. If Howard plays one on one against Gasol, all my money is on Howard, but if a Howard led team goes against a Gasol led team, I'm putting my money on the Gasol led team. And that's what it comes down to. I'm still calling Howard the best center, but does that mean you want him on your team. I'd much rather have Gasol back.

If people complain about the Gasol/Gasol, Brown trade so much, then can we have it back... LOL... I said it then, Memphis was rebuilding and it made sense for them to want the younger Gasol and Los Angeles was looking to win now (2008) which made sense to have the younger Gasol. Trade worked out great for both teams.

Sccit

« Reply #8182 on: April 29, 2013, 10:31:50 AM »

Nah, Howard is better than Lopez, by far, and Howard's numbers are way better than Gasol's, even during this crappy season.

Numbers wise, I disagree. Now personality and leadership wise, I think Gasol is way better than Howard. Howard is too much of a head case, he has too many problems and he is a hypocrite. His has huge character flaws, which would mean I'd rather have someone like Marc Gasol on my team. Gasol is not as good as Howard, but he is able to perform better in critical times and be a leader when needed.

Bottom line, Howard has all the tools to be the best center today, and his numbers show he is the best center today. BUT Gasol is able to perform at the right time and do what is needed in order for his teams to win. If Howard plays one on one against Gasol, all my money is on Howard, but if a Howard led team goes against a Gasol led team, I'm putting my money on the Gasol led team. And that's what it comes down to. I'm still calling Howard the best center, but does that mean you want him on your team. I'd much rather have Gasol back.

If people complain about the Gasol/Gasol, Brown trade so much, then can we have it back... LOL... I said it then, Memphis was rebuilding and it made sense for them to want the younger Gasol and Los Angeles was looking to win now (2008) which made sense to have the younger Gasol. Trade worked out great for both teams.

WHO CARES ABOUT NUMBERS LOL...MARC GASOL JUST WON DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR, DWIGHT WASNT EVEN CLOSE. MARC CAN PASS BETTER, HAS A BETTER SHOT, CAN SHOOT FREETHROWS, MUCH STRONGER BASKETBALL IQ, BETTER POST MOVES, DOESNT TURN THE BALL OVER...JUST THE OVERALL SMARTER AND BETTER PLAYER, NOW ON BOTH ENDS. THE ONLY THING DWIGHT HAS ON HIM IS PHYSICAL ABILITY. BUT MARC HAD A WAYYYY BETTER SEASON, IT AINT EVEN CLOSE. AND DWIGHT IS BETTER THAN BROOK LOPEZ BY FAR? IN WHAT? REBOUNDING.. AND THATS IT. DWIGHT IS JUST AS LIKELY TO GET FOULED AND MISS TWO FREE THROWS, TURN THE BALL OVER, OR BRICK A HOOK SHOT WHEN HE GETS THE BALL AS HE IS LIKELY TO DO SOMETHING POSITIVE. IF U DONT SEE THIS, U HAVENT WATCHED ENOUGH LAKER GAMES THIS YEAR. MARC GASOL AND BROOK LOPEZ ARE THE FAR MORE DEPENDABLE PLAYERS.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8183 on: April 29, 2013, 12:29:10 PM »

WHO CARES ABOUT NUMBERS LOL...MARC GASOL JUST WON DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR, DWIGHT WASNT EVEN CLOSE. MARC CAN PASS BETTER, HAS A BETTER SHOT, CAN SHOOT FREETHROWS, MUCH STRONGER BASKETBALL IQ, BETTER POST MOVES, DOESNT TURN THE BALL OVER...JUST THE OVERALL SMARTER AND BETTER PLAYER, NOW ON BOTH ENDS. THE ONLY THING DWIGHT HAS ON HIM IS PHYSICAL ABILITY. BUT MARC HAD A WAYYYY BETTER SEASON, IT AINT EVEN CLOSE. AND DWIGHT IS BETTER THAN BROOK LOPEZ BY FAR? IN WHAT? REBOUNDING.. AND THATS IT. DWIGHT IS JUST AS LIKELY TO GET FOULED AND MISS TWO FREE THROWS, TURN THE BALL OVER, OR BRICK A HOOK SHOT WHEN HE GETS THE BALL AS HE IS LIKELY TO DO SOMETHING POSITIVE. IF U DONT SEE THIS, U HAVENT WATCHED ENOUGH LAKER GAMES THIS YEAR. MARC GASOL AND BROOK LOPEZ ARE THE FAR MORE DEPENDABLE PLAYERS.

Isn't that what I said? Marc Gasol is a better team player. In a one on one game, Howard KILLS him, but if I want to pick for a TEAM I'd pick Marc. It's like arguing Magic over Jordan. Magic was a better team player, Jordan can win the one on one games. Same token, Kobe and LeBron, Kobe kills LeBron one on one, but LeBron is a better team player.

With that said, one on one players can learn to be leaders, like Kobe did later in his career, or Jordan did. Difference is, Howard is 27 years old, if he hasn't figured it out by now, he never will. At this point, Howard I feel has been exposed in his mental game, and he is not someone that I'd build a team around. Same with Gasol, but Gasol would fit better in a team.

Why yell at me when we are in agreement. Man, someone needs to break your caps lock button.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #8184 on: April 29, 2013, 12:54:34 PM »

That would be interesting... he'd definitely want to come back, since he played ball at UCLA.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8185 on: April 29, 2013, 01:34:13 PM »

That would be interesting... he'd definitely want to come back, since he played ball at UCLA.

Living here in Minnesota, I can promise you that if given the chance, K.Love would be traded quick. He is still mad at David Kahn and feels insulted by him. Since coming here, Rambis and Kahn have treated him poorly, but dude just plays his ass off and does what's needed. Too bad he missed most of this year, but he can play. People here are starting to turn on him too, so I hope the 'Wolves trade him home.

Sccit

« Reply #8186 on: April 29, 2013, 04:43:32 PM »

Isn't that what I said? Marc Gasol is a better team player. In a one on one game, Howard KILLS him, but if I want to pick for a TEAM I'd pick Marc. It's like arguing Magic over Jordan. Magic was a better team player, Jordan can win the one on one games. Same token, Kobe and LeBron, Kobe kills LeBron one on one, but LeBron is a better team player.

With that said, one on one players can learn to be leaders, like Kobe did later in his career, or Jordan did. Difference is, Howard is 27 years old, if he hasn't figured it out by now, he never will. At this point, Howard I feel has been exposed in his mental game, and he is not someone that I'd build a team around. Same with Gasol, but Gasol would fit better in a team.

Why yell at me when we are in agreement. Man, someone needs to break your caps lock button.

no, those are horrible comparisons..LOL

marc gasol is not better because he's a team player...he's better because he's better. better footwork, higher basketball iq, post-up moves, jumper, deadly free-throw shooter, takes care of the ball, can do many things with his back-to-the-basket...dwight cannot create for himself, i dont think he can win a 1-on-1 game against anyone LOL. marc gasol can score from outside-in.....he's simply better on both ends. magic did many things better than mj from a fundamental standpoint..kobe does many things better than lebron from a fundamental standpoint. dwight does nothing better than marc...he's only more physically gifted and that is all.

and i aint yellin cuzz, i been postin on and off with caps lately

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8187 on: April 29, 2013, 05:07:42 PM »
Dwight does nothing better other than get the ball in the basket, grab rebounds, block shots and get results. Dude, Dwight has done more, let a team to the NBA Finals and also been defensive player of the year 3 years in a row. Get that, 3 years in a row. He didn't win last year because he was injured, and this year because he is breaking down mentally. Dwight has a very low EQ and basketball IQ. So who would I rather have, M. Gasol. But that doesn't take away from the fact Howard is a better player who is a year younger and done more, including leading his team to the Finals.

Sccit

« Reply #8188 on: April 29, 2013, 05:21:13 PM »
Dwight does nothing better other than get the ball in the basket, grab rebounds, block shots and get results. Dude, Dwight has done more, let a team to the NBA Finals and also been defensive player of the year 3 years in a row. Get that, 3 years in a row. He didn't win last year because he was injured, and this year because he is breaking down mentally. Dwight has a very low EQ and basketball IQ. So who would I rather have, M. Gasol. But that doesn't take away from the fact Howard is a better player who is a year younger and done more, including leading his team to the Finals.

ill take shaqs word over yours...marc doesnt score or grab as many rebounds because he has to operate with randolph in the post, who takes up a lot of the touches and gobbles up rebounds offa marc gasol box-outs. dwight is like a glorified tyson chandler who demands more touches....not a superstar caliber player. this year, marc got better, dwight got worse. dwight didnt lead any team to the finals...that was the work of stan van gundy, surrounding dwight with 4 knock-down shooters to open the paint for him to get spoon-fed dunks, makin him look a whole lot better than he actually is. shaq=top 5 center ever...i'll take his word.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8189 on: April 29, 2013, 05:44:03 PM »

ill take shaqs word over yours...marc doesnt score or grab as many rebounds because he has to operate with randolph in the post, who takes up a lot of the touches and gobbles up rebounds offa marc gasol box-outs. dwight is like a glorified tyson chandler who demands more touches....not a superstar caliber player. this year, marc got better, dwight got worse. dwight didnt lead any team to the finals...that was the work of stan van gundy, surrounding dwight with 4 knock-down shooters to open the paint for him to get spoon-fed dunks, makin him look a whole lot better than he actually is. shaq=top 5 center ever...i'll take his word.

WOW!!! The world has ended, NIK agrees with SHAQ!! Although Shaq is biased against Howard.

Straight up, one on one game, who wins, Howard or Gasol?