Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 278847 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #8205 on: May 06, 2013, 09:11:53 AM »
Just think-once upon a time, at beginning of the season they were predicting winning over 70 games, and challenging for an NBA championship. They went 0-8 for the preseason and every one panicked lol later the lakers would find that they would go out in the playoffs just like they went out in the preseason with a DONUT 0!!!!!

Just think of how long you've been waiting to see the downfall of the Lakers. And remember the Lakers are only down for so long, and while other franchises scratch and claw to make the playoffs, the Lakers are always there. They've only miss the playoffs 6 times in franchise history, this is including the times when it was harder to make the playoffs. 6 times, since 1948. I think the Lakers have proven, they'll be fine. No one panics, the Lakers just reload.

lol, clippers had their best year ever...lakers had their worst

results? both lost in the first round.

Hey, I guess we can say the Clippers are hanging their first banner in the Staples Center! I'm happy about that.

they raise banners for divisionals at staples? lol i dont think i ever saw them, or they're just so meaningless to laker fans that i couldnt notice it.

I think the Kings raised a few.

But at least they now have a Stanley Cup banner to go with those.

Sccit

« Reply #8206 on: May 06, 2013, 09:33:32 AM »
did the clippers actually decide to raise their division banner? last i heard, sterling was against it

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8207 on: May 06, 2013, 09:39:32 AM »
did the clippers actually decide to raise their division banner? last i heard, sterling was against it

I think they should. It would be a start, and retire a jersey. The Clippers need to start building history.

Sccit

« Reply #8208 on: May 06, 2013, 09:45:59 AM »

I think they should. It would be a start, and retire a jersey. The Clippers need to start building history.

they should just move out of staples center and get their own identity...

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8209 on: May 06, 2013, 10:04:43 AM »

they should just move out of staples center and get their own identity...

I do agree with that whole heartily. I am still amazed they didn't move to the Pond when it was brand new and Disney was begging them to join. Throughout the years Anaheim has tried to get the Clippers to move, even hosting a few Clipper home games as trail runs. But the Clippers never moved. It was so odd to me, the Lakers fan base is not going to fade, hell the Laker fan base is younger than ever so it's only going to get stronger. Unless the Clippers do what the Angels did in 2002 and win a title while the Lakers did what the Dodger did and go on a 25 year title drought, you are never going to turn people to your side. So why not just move to Anaheim and become your own team?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8210 on: May 06, 2013, 10:06:39 AM »
According to the OC Register:

Spraying to all fields, wondering how many fans in Orange County would support an NBA team if it relocated at Honda Center:
• It's reasonable to assume there would be plenty of interest, regardless of whether, for argument's sake, if it was the Sacramento Kings, New Orleans Hornets or not-so-mighty Clippers.
Between 1994 and 1999, when the Clippers played several home games a year at then-Arrowhead Pond, those games routinely drew crowds in excess of 17,000. And this is significant because those Clippers teams were (choose one) hapless, hopeless or helpless, averaging 22 victories in that six-year stretch.
On Dec. 2, 1995, an SRO throng of 18,517 – then the largest hoop crowd at The Pond, largest home crowd in Clippers history and largest ever to watch any NBA game in Southern California – watched Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls defeat the Clippers, 104-98. Those records were broken again on March 12, 1998, when 18,521 gathered for Lakers-Clippers at The Pond.
Another interesting stat: In 1994-95, the first year the Clippers played regular-season games at The Pond, they averaged 17,487 in Anaheim – and an average of 8,987 for their home games at the Sports Arena.
You get the picture. Back then, local hoop fans congregated in Anaheim to watch the opponent as much the Clippers, if not more so, and there's no reason to think it would be different if an NBA team moved here permanently.
• The Clippers seriously considered moving to Anaheim at least three times, according to Honda Center officials, but owner Donald Sterling could never pull the trigger, reportedly rejecting long-term proposals that guaranteed the team would make a profit.
As recently as the summer of 2004, when Kobe Bryant was a free agent entertaining offers, the Clippers also offered to play at least 12 home games a year at Honda Center, to make it easier for him to commute from his Newport Coast home. But, of course, he chose to re-sign with the Lakers. Smart move, huh?

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #8211 on: May 06, 2013, 12:51:49 PM »
Just think-once upon a time, at beginning of the season they were predicting winning over 70 games, and challenging for an NBA championship. They went 0-8 for the preseason and every one panicked lol later the lakers would find that they would go out in the playoffs just like they went out in the preseason with a DONUT 0!!!!!

Just think of how long you've been waiting to see the downfall of the Lakers. And remember the Lakers are only down for so long, and while other franchises scratch and claw to make the playoffs, the Lakers are always there. They've only miss the playoffs 6 times in franchise history, this is including the times when it was harder to make the playoffs. 6 times, since 1948. I think the Lakers have proven, they'll be fine. No one panics, the Lakers just reload.

Hey, I guess we can say the Clippers are hanging their first banner in the Staples Center! I'm happy about that.

they raise banners for divisionals at staples? lol i dont think i ever saw them, or they're just so meaningless to laker fans that i couldnt notice it.

yeah, talk about an underdog story, i swear its only hockey that come back from what 3-1? deficit or was it 0-3? int he playoffs. hockey is goddamn unpredictable

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sccit

« Reply #8212 on: May 06, 2013, 01:25:12 PM »
According to the OC Register:

Spraying to all fields, wondering how many fans in Orange County would support an NBA team if it relocated at Honda Center:
• It's reasonable to assume there would be plenty of interest, regardless of whether, for argument's sake, if it was the Sacramento Kings, New Orleans Hornets or not-so-mighty Clippers.
Between 1994 and 1999, when the Clippers played several home games a year at then-Arrowhead Pond, those games routinely drew crowds in excess of 17,000. And this is significant because those Clippers teams were (choose one) hapless, hopeless or helpless, averaging 22 victories in that six-year stretch.
On Dec. 2, 1995, an SRO throng of 18,517 – then the largest hoop crowd at The Pond, largest home crowd in Clippers history and largest ever to watch any NBA game in Southern California – watched Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls defeat the Clippers, 104-98. Those records were broken again on March 12, 1998, when 18,521 gathered for Lakers-Clippers at The Pond.
Another interesting stat: In 1994-95, the first year the Clippers played regular-season games at The Pond, they averaged 17,487 in Anaheim – and an average of 8,987 for their home games at the Sports Arena.
You get the picture. Back then, local hoop fans congregated in Anaheim to watch the opponent as much the Clippers, if not more so, and there's no reason to think it would be different if an NBA team moved here permanently.
• The Clippers seriously considered moving to Anaheim at least three times, according to Honda Center officials, but owner Donald Sterling could never pull the trigger, reportedly rejecting long-term proposals that guaranteed the team would make a profit.
As recently as the summer of 2004, when Kobe Bryant was a free agent entertaining offers, the Clippers also offered to play at least 12 home games a year at Honda Center, to make it easier for him to commute from his Newport Coast home. But, of course, he chose to re-sign with the Lakers. Smart move, huh?

yea either that or go back to san diego..

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8213 on: May 07, 2013, 09:06:43 AM »

yeah, talk about an underdog story, i swear its only hockey that come back from what 3-1? deficit or was it 0-3? int he playoffs. hockey is goddamn unpredictable

Yeah, but now that I think about it, the Kings own Staples so they can put up what they want. But yeah hockey is unpredictable because you have goalies and streaky players. For a single game, 3 of the 4 major sports are highly unpredictable, with hockey being the most unpredictable, then baseball, then basketball. Football is the least unpredictable because of how much of a grind each play is, it's like a battle every play. But basketball is based off who is streaky, baseball is based off how good the starting pitcher is that day and hockey is both streaky and how good your goalie is. Hockey might not be a real sport... LOL... j/k... GO KINGS!!!

Sccit

« Reply #8214 on: May 07, 2013, 09:37:53 AM »
basketball is more predictable than football, because football is 1 game-winner takes all...any team can get lucky in 1 game. in the nba, u have 7 game series'....it's usually the best team who comes out on top.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #8215 on: May 07, 2013, 10:05:17 AM »
I think the Clips going to Orange County would be an interesting move.  But I'm just wondering if they'd be the Anaheim Clippers or Los Angeles Clippers of Anaheim, haha... just like the Angels.  But that would make the Orange Crush (where the 5-57-22 freeways meet) even more of a shit show.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8216 on: May 07, 2013, 11:48:19 AM »
I think the Clips going to Orange County would be an interesting move.  But I'm just wondering if they'd be the Anaheim Clippers or Los Angeles Clippers of Anaheim, haha... just like the Angels.  But that would make the Orange Crush (where the 5-57-22 freeways meet) even more of a shit show.

I like  Los Angeles Clippers of Anaheim

Sccit

« Reply #8217 on: May 07, 2013, 02:56:25 PM »
that shits gay...just make them the Orange County Clippers and get it over with.

Remedy360

« Reply #8218 on: May 07, 2013, 07:48:21 PM »

lol I never understood that. Angels: California Angels, Anahiem Angels, now Los Angeles Angels of Anahiem. Like wtf is the rational behind that?

Sccit

« Reply #8219 on: May 07, 2013, 10:06:49 PM »

lol I never understood that. Angels: California Angels, Anahiem Angels, now Los Angeles Angels of Anahiem. Like wtf is the rational behind that?

it's what happens when retards become in charge of decision making