Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 279011 times)

Sccit

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #8355 on: January 10, 2014, 08:34:43 PM »
so are u saying harden can't beat swaggy p?

i agree

Citizen-Y

« Reply #8356 on: January 11, 2014, 06:35:10 PM »
Probably should just shut this thread until the draft

Sccit

« Reply #8357 on: January 11, 2014, 08:31:43 PM »
HOW BOUT NO

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8358 on: January 11, 2014, 09:32:35 PM »
The Lakers have a first round draft pick this year, right? :-\

Edit: Yup they do. 8) Apparently it was a contingency plan in case Dwight bailed and Kobe slowed down and it coincides with getting cap space to possibly sign a big name free agent in the offseason.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:44:16 PM by Teddy Roosevelt »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8359 on: January 11, 2014, 09:47:37 PM »
Imagine getting Carmelo Anthony and a top 10 pick. 8) Although when Kobe and Nash come back I'm sure their draft order will drop.

Sccit

« Reply #8360 on: January 11, 2014, 11:57:18 PM »
if we keep losing at this rate, we'll get jabari parker...i always felt melo was comin all along. i think him and a rested kobe would surprise a lot of people...coach gota go tho

Citizen-Y

« Reply #8361 on: January 15, 2014, 02:17:57 PM »
Who will take D'Antoni's job

Sccit

« Reply #8362 on: January 15, 2014, 02:59:46 PM »
George Karl, Lionel Hollins, Jeff/Stan Van Gundy, Byron Scott, Kurt Rambis, Larry Brown

Phil Jackson

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8363 on: January 15, 2014, 06:01:02 PM »
No way Phil comes back with Jim Buss running the team.

Sccit

« Reply #8364 on: January 15, 2014, 07:42:48 PM »
if jim wants his integrity back, he'll cower 2 phil

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #8365 on: January 15, 2014, 10:20:25 PM »
George Karl, Lionel Hollins, Jeff/Stan Van Gundy, Byron Scott, Kurt Rambis, Larry Brown

Phil Jackson

george karl wouldnt fit, i mean who knows, i mean yes it does if we're gonna run and gun, but are we?

with a ballstopper/post player in kobe? kobes too good not to go into the post, rather than move the ball and hope a 3 pointer goes in if you cant score on the break.

jeff/stan co-coaching would be dope.

byron and kurt are good in their respectiveness but, they never had that much success. i rather go with more solid choices.

brown, sloan, and PJ are good choices but can they handle the NBA grind? but im sure if PJ would hop on (if jim buss isnt handling basketball operations) rambis would get the away games.

fuck jim buss

fuck him, that piece of garbage shit.

hes nothing, how the fuck can you fuck up a franchise, how the fuck can you be so much of an idiot, to go with a run and gun coach, that isnt flexible at adjusting his system to the roster (look at melo's knicks a year or 2 ago) and that never had any real post season success, with a goddamn team that has dwight howard, pau gasol, kobe, artest, and he doesnt wanna go to the post?

what the fuck?  have pau camp out on the 3? have our team run and grind when we have old players like artest, gasol, kobe, nash?  i really dont understand any rationality in this.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sccit

« Reply #8366 on: January 15, 2014, 10:43:12 PM »
BYRON NEVER HAD SUCCESS? THATS NEW TO ME...HE TOOK THE NETS TO THE FINALS IN BACK-TO-BACK SEASONS, THEN HAD SOME NICE RUNS DURIN CP3'S BEST YEARS WITH NEW ORLEANS.

I WOULDNT SAY KURT RAMBIS IS A FAILURE YET EITHER...I STILL HAVE HOPES FOR HIM BEING A GOOD NBA COACH ONE DAY, CONSIDERING HE LEARNED UNDER PHIL. I THINK HE ACTUALLY HAD A 65% WIN RATE DURING HIS FIRST HEAD COACHING TENURE WITH THE LAKERS, THEN DIDNT REALLY HAVE MUCH TO WORK WITH IN MINNESOTA.

FORGOT ABOUT JERRY SLOAN, WOULD TAKE HIM OVER D'ANTONI IN A HEARTBEAT AS WELL.

IF IT WAS MY TEAM, I'D FIRE D'ANTONI RIGHT NOW AND LET KURT RAMBIS FINISH THE SEASON AS INTERIM....SEE HOW HE DOES AND TAKE IT FROM THERE. IM PRETTY SURE ANYONE OUTSIDE OF JIM BUSS WOULDA HIRED PHIL JACKSON AFTER ACQUIRING DWIGHT LAST YEAR...IT WAS THE ONLY LOGICAL OPTION. IF I EVER BUY THE LAKERS, I'LL FIX THIS FOR YALL.

Remedy360

« Reply #8367 on: January 16, 2014, 12:48:20 AM »

Phil Jackson

george karl wouldnt fit, i mean who knows, i mean yes it does if we're gonna run and gun, but are we?

I didn't pay much attention to the Karl in his last year or two, but I feel like the run and gun style he used with the Nuggets was more when they had AI. I remember when they traded him Karl talking about how they'd been trying to run a Phoenix Suns style offense and how it didn't work for them ultimately. I get how using that in an offense with the personell he's had most recently would make sense but he's not limited to just that.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 12:49:57 AM by Remedy360 »

Citizen-Y

« Reply #8368 on: January 16, 2014, 05:10:50 AM »
George Karl is a retread that is not worth pursuing imo.  Lakers should find a college coach that likes to run and gun and go from there.

Remedy360

« Reply #8369 on: January 16, 2014, 01:27:14 PM »
George Karl is a retread that is not worth pursuing imo.  Lakers should find a college coach that likes to run and gun and go from there.

Why the run and gun though? I don't really see that as a great option to begin with, which was why I never understood why they signed D'antoni outside of the fact that Nash was on the team.