Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 278922 times)

Sccit

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #8460 on: July 11, 2014, 01:05:48 PM »
marc stein reporting houston tryna send jeremy lin to the lakeshow

It's getting finalized, you guys get a first rounder and send back and overseas player but no salary back.

Enjoy.

its all good, only 8 mill goes against the cap, we get new orleans first round pick, as well as a 2nd rounder.......thank you.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8461 on: July 11, 2014, 01:45:24 PM »
They basically paid LA to take him. This is what I was hoping last year. Get bad teams draft picks and sign free agents to get to the playoffs. Don't make the lotto, let New Orleans make the lotto for you. I am curious to see how Lin does, as his game is similar to Nash, so maybe he'll learn. Either way, it looks like they made this trade as 'Melo is staying in NY. Rumor had it LaLa doesn't want to leave.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8462 on: July 11, 2014, 01:55:51 PM »
They basically paid LA to take him. This is what I was hoping last year. Get bad teams draft picks and sign free agents to get to the playoffs. Don't make the lotto, let New Orleans make the lotto for you. I am curious to see how Lin does, as his game is similar to Nash, so maybe he'll learn. Either way, it looks like they made this trade as 'Melo is staying in NY. Rumor had it LaLa doesn't want to leave.

houston ain't gonna be a bad team lmao

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8463 on: July 11, 2014, 02:46:53 PM »

It's actually New Orleans pick, and second the Rockets didn't get Bosh. Looks like Bosh is staying in Miami.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #8464 on: July 11, 2014, 03:41:44 PM »

It's actually New Orleans pick, and second the Rockets didn't get Bosh. Looks like Bosh is staying in Miami.

No, it's the not the New Orleans pick, the Rockets don't have it to trade yet.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8465 on: July 11, 2014, 10:11:20 PM »
julius randle was my choice goin into the draft.
Proof?

Sccit

« Reply #8466 on: July 11, 2014, 10:39:35 PM »
^ask my ficca ali......or just go peep da-sauce

Citizen-Y

« Reply #8467 on: July 15, 2014, 06:42:19 PM »
Probably should close this thread, it's over already for this team.

Sccit

« Reply #8468 on: July 15, 2014, 09:08:25 PM »
says the Houston Rocket fan who is proud of his franchise for rejecting a Paul Millsap for Omer Asik trade, replacing an up-and-coming Chandler Parsons with an aging Trevor Ariza, and let go of their 2 best bench players and some draft picks for nothin in hopes of signing Chris Bosh.

Rockets=biggest fail of the offseason so far, and it's not even close

Citizen-Y

« Reply #8469 on: July 16, 2014, 03:21:52 AM »
From the guy who thought every top level free agent was coming to LA.

They didn't. Durant won't. Love won't.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8470 on: July 16, 2014, 10:02:50 AM »
says the Houston Rocket fan who is proud of his franchise for rejecting a Paul Millsap for Omer Asik trade, replacing an up-and-coming Chandler Parsons with an aging Trevor Ariza, and let go of their 2 best bench players and some draft picks for nothin in hopes of signing Chris Bosh.

Rockets=biggest fail of the offseason so far, and it's not even close

Houston is a Dwight injury away from being a lotto team, and Dwight has a bad back and is 30. I hope the Lakers make more trades like the Lin trade, which really hurt Houston now. They wanted to get rid of Lin to get money from Bosh and Parson, but instead got neither, and gave up Lin and draft picks for cap space they will never use.

Sccit

« Reply #8471 on: July 16, 2014, 11:47:21 AM »

Lies.. I only thought Melo had a chance of coming. And unlike the rockets, we didn't gut our team tryna get him.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #8472 on: July 16, 2014, 12:14:41 PM »

Lies.. I only thought Melo had a chance of coming. And unlike the rockets, we didn't gut our team tryna get him.

You gutted your team by giving Kobe that bloated deal instead of trying to rebuild.  And your best front court player left.

Sccit

« Reply #8473 on: July 16, 2014, 01:23:33 PM »
Pau was weak ever since our last title run... Replacing him with randle got our arrow pointing up. Jordan hill is also a beast and moving him into the starting five by losing pau + with a coach who doesn't hate big men is another plus. Most of all, ridding ourselves of d'antoni=addition by subtraction.....Kobe is still much better than any1 on the rockets

Citizen-Y

« Reply #8474 on: July 16, 2014, 03:51:22 PM »
Obviously every successful organization goes through the draft and free agency without a coach =x