Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 279078 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #8505 on: July 29, 2014, 09:52:50 AM »
Not impressed with this years upcoming draft class. Lakers should find ways to get picks next year and get more young establish talent. Unless some freshman this year blows college basketball out the water, I don't see much.

Sccit

« Reply #8506 on: August 05, 2014, 03:47:20 PM »
Lakers and Cavs battling it out for Shawn Marion....Indiana also has a heightened interest since Paul George went down.

Lakers also worked out Michael Beasley last week.

Expect another SF signing soon.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8507 on: August 05, 2014, 04:18:52 PM »
As someone who lives in MN, I actually like Beasley. He is a HUGE risk, but if someone can tame all that talent, you have great player.

Sccit

« Reply #8508 on: August 05, 2014, 04:33:45 PM »
the talent is there, no question....on a minimum contract, he's the epitome of low risk-high reward.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8509 on: August 05, 2014, 06:03:50 PM »
He can easily start over Johnson for the spot if he gets his head right, and Swaggy P coming off the bench for energy, that's actually a solid swing man set sharing minutes with Kobe.

Sccit

« Reply #8510 on: August 05, 2014, 06:11:21 PM »
He can easily start over Johnson for the spot if he gets his head right, and Swaggy P coming off the bench for energy, that's actually a solid swing man set sharing minutes with Kobe.

low-key deepest team in the league

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8511 on: August 05, 2014, 07:57:50 PM »
Yeah, well I would never count Wesley Johnson as solid depth. I never liked him as a rotation player. He's a bust. But Nick Young will get most the minutes. Which is why I hope Beasley can work, because he can start and Johnson then had to depend on Kobe to play.

Sccit

« Reply #8512 on: August 06, 2014, 01:16:12 AM »
Wes Johnson is good for defense.. Anything he gives us on offense is a bonus.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8513 on: August 06, 2014, 09:39:46 AM »
Wes Johnson is good for defense.. Anything he gives us on offense is a bonus.

A perfect person to come off the bench for a stop behind Kobe and whoever starts at SF. But I just don't like him as a starter.

Sccit

« Reply #8514 on: August 06, 2014, 10:22:24 AM »
i disagree...he can be our ariza if used correctly. i do like nick young starting over him, though. a starting 5 of

pg Lin
sg Kobe
sf Swaggy
pf Randle
C J-Hill

with Boozer, Wes, Xazier, Nash, Ed Davis etc. off the bench would be dope

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8515 on: August 06, 2014, 11:04:55 AM »
i disagree...he can be our ariza if used correctly. i do like nick young starting over him, though. a starting 5 of

pg Lin
sg Kobe
sf Swaggy
pf Randle
C J-Hill

Off the bench I don't mind as much. I don't like Swaggy starting either, mainly because I like Swaggy to be energy off the bench. But right now I'd have Swaggy start over Wes in a heartbeat. But Wes does have a role, I do value his defense and I think Scott will really expose the strengths of Wes. I just don't see him as a starter.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #8516 on: August 16, 2014, 12:12:03 AM »

pg Lin
sg Kobe
sf Swaggy
pf Randle
C J-Hill

Off the bench I don't mind as much. I don't like Swaggy starting either, mainly because I like Swaggy to be energy off the bench. But right now I'd have Swaggy start over Wes in a heartbeat. But Wes does have a role, I do value his defense and I think Scott will really expose the strengths of Wes. I just don't see him as a starter.

if you dont want nick or johnson starting there isnt anyone else.

Nick should def come off the bench, simply for the fact that the bench needs scoring. If kobe wasnt on this team he'd be starting, but nick is much needed, hes our jamal crawford/jason terry our 6th man.

but i do think wes should be starting, either that than kobe has to play the 3 and X is going to be the starting SG. which i dont like, i feel like wes's defensive diversity (in terms of guarding 2's,3's and to some extend stretch 4's (who are more on the SF side than PF, and hell if hes not going to get obliterated by a traditonal PF thats is playing the "4" thats going into the post, i dont see a big problem.

its hard to be optimistic with this roster, but hell given that they are used correctly we can do more than we can expect.

The main problem with wesley is when he creates for himself, hes really not good at that unless if hes finishing at the rim. and even then his game is so elementary, some basic fundamental footwork and post game can do wonders for this dude. But he needs to stop shooting off the dribble, the boy cannot do that.

the main thing i believe is creating shots out of our bench, yes nick can, but when he creates his own shot its mainly jumpshots. him being the most skilled player off our bench (assuming hes going to be the 6th)   needs to be able to create.  Nash hope to god his healthy, would be a good fit. defensive liablity but X can guard the more dominant player on the court and have him guard the "shooter" or "defensive players" and maybe we can get away with that.

Lin/Nash/Clarkson
Kobe/X or Clackson
Wes/Nick/X (kobe playing the 3 a bit maybe)
Randle/Boozer
Boozer/Davis

i honestly dont see a Kelly or Sacre in this. assuming, that davis and randle do their jobs.

kendall, kelly, sacre, they just dont have it. im glad kendalls gone, but the kelly signing was just mind boggling

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sccit

« Reply #8517 on: September 23, 2014, 11:06:34 AM »
im shocked we havent signed beasley yet....he'd be our 2nd/3rd best scorer and starting small forward + he'd probably be available on a minimum deal. we signed wayne ellington instead. good shooter, but beasley
was far more intriguing for his upside.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8518 on: September 23, 2014, 12:06:52 PM »
I would like to have Beasley, but I am thinking the Lakers are going with the old saying, potential has an expiration date. He is only 25, but if he was to be a big star, he'd be one by now. But his skills are so undeniable that the fact he isn't a star is a bit confusing. With Ellington, you know what you have, and even though he isn't that impact player, you know you are getting that solid player. But why I don't agree with signing Ellington over Beasley, as long as I've been a Laker fan, they always seem to get the most out of players like Beasley. For some reason, players like Beasley excel on the Lakers, it's why the Lakers are the Lakers. Even fading stars, they always seem just have one more run in them as a Laker. Some players are an exception, Dwight Howard is the perfect example. But mostly you see players like Cedric Ceballos, Lamar Odom, Elden Campbell, Rick Fox, Andrew Bynum all excel. Even some one year players like Caron Butler and Trevor Ariza come to the Lakers for a year and then go off and do big things elsewhere. So with that, I'd love to see Beasley. I understand the reasoning behind not signing him, but I think you give him a chance to wear that gold and purple and you can see if he responds and excels like many do.

Hack Wilson - real

Nick Young (of the bad LA basketball team) out 6-8 weeks
« Reply #8519 on: October 04, 2014, 11:28:38 AM »
so he will miss the start of the season for sure