Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 279021 times)

Sccit

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #8535 on: November 02, 2014, 11:01:35 AM »
julius randle=james worthy part 2

we'll be fine...i see this season as a stepping-stone. we're trying to build a culture so that we can have something going by summer, where we have money to spend on a complimentary piece for kobe's final run. yea, we may lose a lot of games on the fly, but this is a new team with a new coach. we'll be winning big games by february, possibly even go on a lil tear. by then, people will take note of the lakers improvement, and the money we have to spend will go to good use this offseason, with a system/culture set in place for kobe's 20th.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8536 on: November 02, 2014, 01:36:24 PM »
julius randle=james worthy part 2

we'll be fine...i see this season as a stepping-stone. we're trying to build a culture so that we can have something going by summer, where we have money to spend on a complimentary piece for kobe's final run. yea, we may lose a lot of games on the fly, but this is a new team with a new coach. we'll be winning big games by february, possibly even go on a lil tear. by then, people will take note of the lakers improvement, and the money we have to spend will go to good use this offseason, with a system/culture set in place for kobe's 20th.

kareem ain't walkin thru that door

magic ain't walkin thru that door

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8537 on: November 02, 2014, 01:55:25 PM »
We'll see. Lin is looking good now, if he does well then sign him to an extension. I'd say let the first month play out, let's see who's for real and who's not.

Sccit

« Reply #8538 on: November 05, 2014, 09:53:05 PM »
i duno what lin you're watching, but he hasn't looked that good mayn.....we desperately need nick young back, which would take a whole lot of the pressure off kobe.

Sccit

« Reply #8539 on: November 09, 2014, 08:58:20 PM »
LAKERS WIN

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8540 on: November 09, 2014, 09:08:34 PM »
LAKERS WIN
I thought Lin looked good tonight.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8541 on: November 09, 2014, 09:14:02 PM »
THEY SAID IT COULDN'T BE DONE

1-81

Sccit

« Reply #8542 on: November 09, 2014, 09:19:21 PM »
lakers are 1-0 since i became global mod...the energy has shifted

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8543 on: November 10, 2014, 05:59:47 PM »
lakers are 1-0 since i became global mod...the energy has shifted

77-5 all because Sccit is a global mod.

Sccit

« Reply #8544 on: November 10, 2014, 06:12:08 PM »
^this is where a like feature ala da-sauce would come in handy

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8545 on: November 15, 2014, 02:49:29 PM »
1-14 with 9 points last night  :eh:

now he wants to hurt my roto team

Sccit

« Reply #8546 on: November 15, 2014, 02:50:12 PM »
1-14 with 9 points last night  :eh:

now he wants to hurt my roto team

Kobe Bryant is dealing with a viral infection according to the Lakers, and he was visibly ill in Friday's loss to the Spurs.

"He wasn't feeling too well," Lakers coach Byron Scott said. "Nothing physically as far as a knee or Achilles, but he's not feeling well." Kobe shot just 1-of-14 from the floor but it's reassuring to know that he should be back to his normal self soon.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8547 on: November 17, 2014, 08:46:05 AM »
Something needs to give with Kobe. Some how the Scott needs to get him under control and the rest of the team to step up and play. Or we could very well see the Lakers with a top 4 pick.

Sccit

« Reply #8548 on: November 17, 2014, 12:39:15 PM »
Something needs to give with Kobe. Some how the Scott needs to get him under control and the rest of the team to step up and play. Or we could very well see the Lakers with a top 4 pick.

it's the team, brodie...u think Kobe wants to bear the entire load of the offense on his shoulders alone? hell naah...but the only player other than kobe who is playing like they're worthy of an nba roster spot right now is Jordan Hill. Ed Davis too, but he's playing about 20 minutes per game..not enough. Shit's embarrassing.

still, 44 points in 3 quarters 19 seasons in is damn impressive.....if only there was someone else to help contribute.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8549 on: November 17, 2014, 01:13:47 PM »

it's the team, brodie...u think Kobe wants to bear the entire load of the offense on his shoulders alone? hell naah...but the only player other than kobe who is playing like they're worthy of an nba roster spot right now is Jordan Hill. Ed Davis too, but he's playing about 20 minutes per game..not enough. Shit's embarrassing.

still, 44 points in 3 quarters 19 seasons in is damn impressive.....if only there was someone else to help contribute.

No one in this team knows the system. Right now everyone is a step behind, but instead of helping them play into the system Kobe is taking over. It works except for when you are 1-9. The only team in sports with a worst record right now the Oakland Raiders. Something needs to change, the whole team including Kobe needs a come to Jesus moment. As I've always said, I'm a Laker fan, not a Kobe fan. I don't ever want Kobe to be traded, or leave. I want him to retire a Laker. But something needs to give. Scott needs to get this ship pointed in the right direction.