Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 279196 times)

Sccit

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #8550 on: November 17, 2014, 02:24:09 PM »
Something needs to give with Kobe. Some how the Scott needs to get him under control and the rest of the team to step up and play. Or we could very well see the Lakers with a top 4 pick.

it's the team, brodie...u think Kobe wants to bear the entire load of the offense on his shoulders alone? hell naah...but the only player other than kobe who is playing like they're worthy of an nba roster spot right now is Jordan Hill. Ed Davis too, but he's playing about 20 minutes per game..not enough. Shit's embarrassing.

still, 44 points in 3 quarters 19 seasons in is damn impressive.....if only there was someone else to help contribute.

No one in this team knows the system. Right now everyone is a step behind, but instead of helping them play into the system Kobe is taking over. It works except for when you are 1-9. The only team in sports with a worst record right now the Oakland Raiders. Something needs to change, the whole team including Kobe needs a come to Jesus moment. As I've always said, I'm a Laker fan, not a Kobe fan. I don't ever want Kobe to be traded, or leave. I want him to retire a Laker. But something needs to give. Scott needs to get this ship pointed in the right direction.

have u watched the games? kobe tries getting others involved, and theyre straight up retarded with it. the offense is twice is bad when Kobe rests. shit is painful. the offense does need work, but the main issue is the defense. it really just seems like a lot of the players are straight up not trying. once the defense steps it up, the offense will more than likely take care of itself. especially with nick young coming back to take some pressure off of kobe....but it's looking like another lost season, unless that "big trade" goes down (as reported by ramone shelbourne).

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8551 on: November 17, 2014, 04:56:25 PM »
If the Lakers trade Kobe, Jim Buss needs to be drug out of LA by his toes, and barred from the NBA.

Sccit

« Reply #8552 on: November 17, 2014, 06:20:23 PM »
Jordan hill and Carlos boozer for rondo

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8553 on: November 17, 2014, 06:42:23 PM »
Jordan hill and Carlos boozer for rondo

Hum... Didn't hear that. If true, we could rally back to a decent spot.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8554 on: November 17, 2014, 07:57:11 PM »
Something needs to give with Kobe. Some how the Scott needs to get him under control and the rest of the team to step up and play. Or we could very well see the Lakers with a top 4 pick.

it's the team, brodie...u think Kobe wants to bear the entire load of the offense on his shoulders alone? hell naah.

this.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8555 on: November 17, 2014, 08:34:16 PM »

it's the team, brodie...u think Kobe wants to bear the entire load of the offense on his shoulders alone? hell naah...but the only player other than kobe who is playing like they're worthy of an nba roster spot right now is Jordan Hill. Ed Davis too, but he's playing about 20 minutes per game..not enough. Shit's embarrassing.

still, 44 points in 3 quarters 19 seasons in is damn impressive.....if only there was someone else to help contribute.

No one in this team knows the system. Right now everyone is a step behind, but instead of helping them play into the system Kobe is taking over. It works except for when you are 1-9. The only team in sports with a worst record right now the Oakland Raiders. Something needs to change, the whole team including Kobe needs a come to Jesus moment. As I've always said, I'm a Laker fan, not a Kobe fan. I don't ever want Kobe to be traded, or leave. I want him to retire a Laker. But something needs to give. Scott needs to get this ship pointed in the right direction.

have u watched the games? kobe tries getting others involved, and theyre straight up retarded with it. the offense is twice is bad when Kobe rests. shit is painful. the offense does need work, but the main issue is the defense. it really just seems like a lot of the players are straight up not trying. once the defense steps it up, the offense will more than likely take care of itself. especially with nick young coming back to take some pressure off of kobe....but it's looking like another lost season, unless that "big trade" goes down (as reported by ramone shelbourne).

I will be honest and say I have seen a couple of games. But it looks like there is no chemistry at all. Like these guys don't like playing with each other. Something has to give. I think they can all be good pieces if used right and motivated the right way. But right now it just looks awful.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8556 on: November 18, 2014, 11:46:12 AM »
It works except for when you are 1-9. The only team in sports with a worst record right now the Oakland Raiders.
And the 76ers. On an unrelated note, where is Cham talking shit about how bad the Lakers are doing? ;D

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8557 on: November 18, 2014, 06:15:53 PM »
Is Nick Young the glue for the Lakers? Even though he ain't doing much, the Lakers look much better.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8558 on: November 18, 2014, 06:17:46 PM »
Scratch that, I believe in Swaggy P.

Sccit

« Reply #8559 on: November 18, 2014, 06:37:03 PM »
^told u

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8560 on: November 18, 2014, 07:38:18 PM »
solid fucking win for the lakers. 3 guys with double doubles, i love it. this is how they should play consistently. i hope this was the turn around game.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8561 on: November 18, 2014, 07:53:47 PM »
Young starting in place of Johnson, our starting 5 could be something. Swaggy to save the Laker's season.

Sccit

« Reply #8562 on: November 19, 2014, 12:38:14 AM »
its that sfv livin touch nick is givin the squad

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8563 on: November 19, 2014, 08:59:13 AM »
What I noticed is even at first when Swaggy was getting the feel of the game, his presents brings that something that gets people together. He reminds me of a Rick Fox, or Lamar Odom. His that glue who may not be a true superstar, but he is a very solid player that does his thing. And the Hawks aren't that bad, so I have faith that the Lakers can turn it around. Playoffs would be a HUGE stretch at this point, it's only 2 wins in 11 games, so 1/8th of the season is done. But a late run is not out of the question, and with injures and other factors, you just don't know. I'd hate to see the Lakers miss the playoffs two years in a row, which has only happened once in the 1970's. I see lots of haters hoping they trade Kobe and then end up sucking for years and years to come, but honestly the Lakers always seem to rebound. I have a lot of faith they can make a run, and I still see the playoffs as a possibility. But right now it's about getting this team to gel and Swaggy is one of those type of players that helps with that. I was enjoying what I saw last night.

Sccit

« Reply #8564 on: November 19, 2014, 01:14:08 PM »
tonight should tell us a lot...if the game is competitive, we're in business.