Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 136263 times)

Citizen-Y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #8600 on: December 24, 2014, 06:56:50 AM »
Lakers beat Golden State today, no Kobe and 7 players in double figures. I think maybe the Lakers should give Kobe some breaks. I think it re-energized the team and gave Kobe some much needed rest. Don't get it twisted, the Lakers are far better with #24, but sometimes everyone just needs some time apart.

No need to get it twisted, Kobe is worried about his points and nothing else.

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #8601 on: December 24, 2014, 01:58:55 PM »
^kobe wants a 6th ring above all else, i think even u know that......................but our players dont put this kinda effort up on a nightly basis. thats what irks kobe and byron.

lets see if we can build on this tho.

klientel818

• Lil Geezy
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8602 on: December 24, 2014, 06:43:45 PM »
Lakers beat Golden State today, no Kobe and 7 players in double figures. I think maybe the Lakers should give Kobe some breaks. I think it re-energized the team and gave Kobe some much needed rest. Don't get it twisted, the Lakers are far better with #24, but sometimes everyone just needs some time apart.

No need to get it twisted, Kobe is worried about his points and nothing else.

The fuck out here with that Shit. Kobe got the #heart of a champion my nigga

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #8603 on: January 03, 2015, 01:46:33 PM »
Kobe Shits On American AAU, Praises European Basketball System

LOS ANGELES -- Kobe Bryant believes European basketball players are more skillful than American basketball players, and says it's a growing trend that can be blamed on the greed and coaching at the AAU level.

"I just think European players are just way more skillful," Bryant said Friday night after the Los Angeles Lakers' 109-106 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies. "They are just taught the game the right way at an early age. ... They're more skillful. It's something we really have to fix. We really have to address that. We have to teach our kids to play the right way."

I just think European players are just way more skillful," Kobe Bryant said Friday. "They are just taught the game the right way at an early age."

Bryant was quick to point the finger for the decline of skilled players in the United States.

"AAU basketball," Bryant said. "Horrible, terrible AAU basketball. It's stupid. It doesn't teach our kids how to play the game at all so you wind up having players that are big and they bring it up and they do all this fancy crap and they don't know how to post. They don't know the fundamentals of the game. It's stupid."

Bryant was born in Philadelphia, but when he was 6, his father, former NBA player Joe Bryant, moved the family to Italy to continue his playing career. Kobe spent his childhood in Europe until Joe retired in 1991 and moved the family back to the United States.

"When you have limitations and you understand your limitations and you stay within yourself, you can be great," Kobe Bryant said. "You know what you can do and what you can't do. In America, it's a big problem for us because we're not teaching players how to play all-around basketball. That's why you have Pau and Marc [Gasol], and that's the reason why 90 percent of the Spurs' roster is European players, because they have more skill."

Bryant smiled when asked what type of player he would have become if his family had never moved to Italy and he hadn't learned how to play the game in Europe.

"I probably wouldn't be able to dribble with my left and shoot with my left and have good footwork," Bryant said. "I was kind of fortunate because when I was growing up in Italy, the Red Auerbachs and the Tex Winters and all those great coaches were doing clinics and camps in Europe. They were teaching all the club coaches, and the club coaches were following their advice and their fundamentals like the bible, and they were teaching all of us kids that type of stuff. Me, Manu [Ginobili]and all these guys that grew up around that same time, we're a product of that. It's a big difference."

Bryant had a simple solution to the problem.

"Teach players the game at an early age and stop treating them like cash cows for everyone to profit off of," he said. "That's how you do that. You have to teach them the game. Give them instruction."

But Bryant, who holds an annual summer basketball camp, also was quick to point out that any solution involving changing the current culture of AAU basketball won't happen overnight.

"That's a deep well because then you start cutting into people's pockets," Bryant said. "People get really upset when you start cutting into their pockets because all they do is try to profit off these poor kids. There's no quick answer."

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8604 on: January 15, 2015, 11:51:27 PM »
yet another Laker loss

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #8605 on: January 16, 2015, 01:35:08 PM »
kobe was mentally punkin lebron the entire game........give kobe 2 other all-stars to play with and it woulda been a blow out

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8606 on: January 19, 2015, 12:41:10 PM »
Bryant is complete trash at this point... his high usage rate combined with his low efficiency is really hurting the team. If I was a Laker fan, I'd beg him to retire. Now since I am not, I hope he plays 5 more seasons.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #8607 on: January 19, 2015, 01:10:11 PM »
Bryant is complete trash at this point... his high usage rate combined with his low efficiency is really hurting the team. If I was a Laker fan, I'd beg him to retire. Now since I am not, I hope he plays 5 more seasons.

yes, because the lakers would be beastin if it werent for kobe.....u are a genius for bein able to see that while no one else could.

jk

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8608 on: January 20, 2015, 12:52:32 PM »

yes, because the lakers would be beastin if it werent for kobe.....u are a genius for bein able to see that while no one else could.

jk

They have NO chance of making the playoffs regardless - so yes, if the plan is to keep Kobe on the team to tank and get better picks, it's the right move to keep him. Just not for 5 times of his real athlete value.
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #8609 on: January 20, 2015, 12:58:00 PM »

jk

They have NO chance of making the playoffs regardless - so yes, if the plan is to keep Kobe on the team to tank and get better picks, it's the right move to keep him. Just not for 5 times of his real athlete value.

lets be real, the team is terrible...and you're only as good as your team. if kobe was playing wit a cast of all-stars ala lebron, then he would be having a stellar season. it's pretty obvious.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8610 on: January 20, 2015, 01:17:04 PM »

jk

lets be real, the team is terrible...and you're only as good as your team. if kobe was playing wit a cast of all-stars ala lebron, then he would be having a stellar season. it's pretty obvious.

Kobe has had terrible teams before, only then he averaged 35+ppg with much better percentages.
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #8611 on: January 20, 2015, 01:18:58 PM »

jk

Kobe has had terrible teams before, only then he averaged 35+ppg with much better percentages.

yea, kobe in his prime....kobe out of his prime gone need some help.

put russell westbrook and anthony davis on this team for instance, and kobe will be lookin untouchable.

carlos boozer and ronnie price aint guna cut it tho

Citizen-Y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8612 on: January 25, 2015, 08:59:04 PM »
James Harden, you know the non superstar, just slow dicking the Lakers

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #8613 on: January 26, 2015, 05:42:15 AM »
James Harden, you know the non superstar, just slow dicking the Lakers

strong accomplishment there, brobro

Mietek23

« Reply #8614 on: January 28, 2015, 01:05:43 PM »

jk

put russell westbrook and anthony davis on this team for instance, and kobe will be lookin untouchable.

I think your missing the point Nik - the problem with Kobe is and always has been his shot selection. Yeah, when he was in his prime he could pull up those ridiculous almost half-court 3-pointers - even tho it were bad shots, he had nights when they go in.

Now at this stage in his career he should be smarter than this and focus on picking up better spots and being more careful with it. Your old and past your best days - play closer to the rim for fuck sake! Use that post play your picked up from Jordan and run with it shooting fadeaway's and turnaround j's from 17 feet - not 5 steps behind 3-point line.

And I don't wanna hear that "he's on a bad team" excuse - yes, he is. But that dosen't mean he should to jack shots like these:

It ain't 2006 muthafucka - use your fuckin' basketball IQ. With 6 second left, he should shoot that ball atleast one step inside 3-point line - it always irritates the fuck out of me when I see him doing some stupid shit like this...

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #8615 on: January 28, 2015, 02:55:03 PM »

jk

I think your missing the point Nik - the problem with Kobe is and always has been his shot selection. Yeah, when he was in his prime he could pull up those ridiculous almost half-court 3-pointers - even tho it were bad shots, he had nights when they go in.

Now at this stage in his career he should be smarter than this and focus on picking up better spots and being more careful with it. Your old and past your best days - play closer to the rim for fuck sake! Use that post play your picked up from Jordan and run with it shooting fadeaway's and turnaround j's from 17 feet - not 5 steps behind 3-point line.

And I don't wanna hear that "he's on a bad team" excuse - yes, he is. But that dosen't mean he should to jack shots like these:

It ain't 2006 muthafucka - use your fuckin' basketball IQ. With 6 second left, he should shoot that ball atleast one step inside 3-point line - it always irritates the fuck out of me when I see him doing some stupid shit like this...

doesnt sound like u know how basketball works...when u play on a bad team with a stagnant offense, it's impossible to generate good shots on your own. it's almost like playing 1-on-5.. if there's no movement off the ball, ull basically be forced to take a terrible shot with the clock winding down...thats where teammates come into play. unfortunately for kobe, he didnt have the luxury of playin with a facilitator like pippen for the duration of his prime. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS ON BAD TEAMS....look at the shot clock in the gif u posted. when u fed up with people depending on u all the time, thats what happens.....it's all circumstantial. and thats why i bring up teammates...if kobe had the resources, he'd still be doin what he been doin throughout his career. but he dont, and thats where the bullshit comes from....ur only as good as your team.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8616 on: February 04, 2015, 11:23:39 PM »
im just waiting for the draft lottery  :P

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #8617 on: February 05, 2015, 01:14:48 PM »
im just waiting for the draft lottery  :P

U AND THE REST OF US..........................................

WELCOME BACK 8)

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8618 on: February 10, 2015, 09:44:32 PM »
TANK MODE BABY!! WE IN DIS!!

lets embrace this, while all the fakes and frauds leaving the bandwagon. us true fans are riding the tank and when that bad boy reloaded, we gonna be firing cannons on the whole league.

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #8619 on: February 10, 2015, 10:22:09 PM »
its dope because all the games are still close and competitive enough to be interesting

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #8620 on: February 24, 2015, 03:41:02 PM »
47 points tonight to break the rose garden record. if ur not tuning in to appreciate this once in a lifetime greatness, i duno what the fuck u doin. this may be your last chance, fellas.

EERIE

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #8621 on: April 21, 2015, 08:26:58 PM »
Julius Randle on playing Kobe one-on-one: "I was up 7-3....then he beat me 21-7."

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8622 on: April 21, 2015, 08:45:39 PM »
Julius Randle on playing Kobe one-on-one: "I was up 7-3....then he beat me 21-7."

pretty easy to beat a cripple

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #8623 on: April 21, 2015, 09:56:51 PM »
they both played in wheel chairs....still a great quote tho

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8624 on: July 01, 2015, 02:16:50 PM »
they both played in wheel chairs....still a great quote tho

LOL i missed this

new LAKERS update:

@Mike Bresnahan
LaMarcus Aldridge will not be joining the Lakers, The Times has learned. They were a 50-50 choice but he disliked bball part of presentation