Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 116505 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #8675 on: March 08, 2019, 11:00:24 AM »
Kobe needed Perkins injury to best the Celtics. Things happen. Doesn't take away from the accomplishment.

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #8676 on: March 08, 2019, 02:44:10 PM »
Kobe needed Perkins injury to best the Celtics. Things happen. Doesn't take away from the accomplishment.

lmao kendrick perkins? are u serious??

u startin to sound like a celtic fan now .... it was always hard to tell the difference with u anyway.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8677 on: March 09, 2019, 08:35:29 AM »
Just pointing out you can play any game you want. And let's not act like you almost borderline rooted for the Celtics over the Cavs. That's a Laker no-no. Fuck the Celtics.

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #8678 on: March 09, 2019, 09:03:20 AM »
Just pointing out you can play any game you want. And let's not act like you almost borderline rooted for the Celtics over the Cavs. That's a Laker no-no. Fuck the Celtics.

stop tryna save face

u come off as a DL celtic fan and lebron groupie wit the shit u be sayin sometimes

“lebron had the goat peak”.....lmfao i definitely missed havin u around here

Duck Duck Doggy

« Reply #8679 on: March 09, 2019, 10:16:25 AM »
ROFL classic Mdogg

Infinite Trapped in 1996

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Permenent Resident of 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #8680 on: March 10, 2019, 12:31:10 AM »
Sorry I’m sure this has been mentioned already but I’m not reading through 300 pages.

Yo Sccit, what’s the latest wit Lebron, Lakers, Magic?

You ridin wit Lebron?  It’s just a down year till they get a big name next year?

I know your always ridin for the Lakers and just guessin you ridin wit Magic, but what’s your stance on Lebron past, present, and future?

...and what about the other Cali heads MDogg, Sik, and duck dogg and others?

"I will make records as big or bigger than Death Row".   -Dre, Source 1996

"I didn't do nothing but make people money and I didn't leave nobody high and dry.  Any album (on death row) people are going to check for.  But it's time for Dre to worry about Dre.  I'm focused on the new Snoop Doggs, not like that but you know what I mean."

Dre -  Source 1996 cover

"Eminem will be bigger than Michael Jackson as long as he doesn't change."

-Dre, Rolling Stones mag 1999 Em cover

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #8681 on: March 10, 2019, 12:42:20 AM »
Sorry I’m sure this has been mentioned already but I’m not reading through 300 pages.

You ridin wit Lebron?  It’s just a down year till they get a big name next year?

I know your always ridin for the Lakers and just guessin you ridin wit Magic, but what’s your stance on Lebron past, present, and future?

i wrote an article about it back in november homie

http://thyblackman.com/2018/10/21/in-the-midst-of-a-lakers-rockets-brawl-lebron-james-solidifies-that-he-came-to-la-mainly-for-his-hollywood-ventures/

so far, everything i predicted when i wrote that has come to fruition tenfold

still hopin a big free agent signs with us in the offseason for lebron to play behind.. its the only way he will be successful on this team

Infinite Trapped in 1996

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8682 on: March 10, 2019, 06:12:57 AM »

http://thyblackman.com/2018/10/21/in-the-midst-of-a-lakers-rockets-brawl-lebron-james-solidifies-that-he-came-to-la-mainly-for-his-hollywood-ventures/

Dope!!! And lol@callin Lebron a “beta-male” in the article and pinning your hopes on an off-season free-agent for him to “play behind”.  Could definitely see my dawg Sccit’s paw prints all over this article. Props! 

I like how you are ridin 4 Lakers but making Lebron earn his respect as a Laker.  Link me if you got any others this one was dope!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 06:14:35 AM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »

"I didn't do nothing but make people money and I didn't leave nobody high and dry.  Any album (on death row) people are going to check for.  But it's time for Dre to worry about Dre.  I'm focused on the new Snoop Doggs, not like that but you know what I mean."

Dre -  Source 1996 cover

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #8683 on: March 10, 2019, 12:58:06 PM »

Dope!!! And lol@callin Lebron a “beta-male” in the article and pinning your hopes on an off-season free-agent for him to “play behind”.  Could definitely see my dawg Sccit’s paw prints all over this article. Props! 

I like how you are ridin 4 Lakers but making Lebron earn his respect as a Laker.  Link me if you got any others this one was dope!

yea, respect is definitely earned not handed out...especially wit the goat franchise

i think i’ve posted most my articles here in the sports section if u look back ....... you can also search my name on that website to check all my pieces

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8684 on: March 11, 2019, 10:11:56 AM »

If he wears a Laker's jersey, I fucks with him. I want him to succeed, and I don't give a fuck how it happens. I just want the Lakers to get to 18 titles before the Celtics.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8685 on: March 13, 2019, 11:47:53 AM »
After one season of LeBron, is it time to add LeBron to the ALL TIME LAKERS TEAM? I was looking at stats, and well he's NOT better statistically than Elgin Baylor in Elgin's prime, he did do better than James Worthy than Worthy in his prime. Right now, I have my all time Laker team like this. I'm judging them as just Lakers, so LeBron and Wilt would be washed up, if they are in their prime as Lakers, then they are in their prime.

PG Magic, Fisher
SG Kobe, West, Goodwich
SF Baylor, Worthy
PF Gasol, Green
C Kareem, Shaq, Wilt

I honestly don't see LeBron as over Worthy, but I did notice his stats this year as a Laker were better than Worthy's as a Laker. I do give credit to Worthy as his lost many points to Kareem, since Kareem is he best center of all time, and statistically better than LeBron on all analytics. But what says you?

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #8686 on: March 13, 2019, 12:19:03 PM »
After one season of LeBron, is it time to add LeBron to the ALL TIME LAKERS TEAM? I was looking at stats, and well he's NOT better statistically than Elgin Baylor in Elgin's prime, he did do better than James Worthy than Worthy in his prime. Right now, I have my all time Laker team like this. I'm judging them as just Lakers, so LeBron and Wilt would be washed up, if they are in their prime as Lakers, then they are in their prime.

PG Magic, Fisher
SG Kobe, West, Goodwich
SF Baylor, Worthy
PF Gasol, Green
C Kareem, Shaq, Wilt

I honestly don't see LeBron as over Worthy, but I did notice his stats this year as a Laker were better than Worthy's as a Laker. I do give credit to Worthy as his lost many points to Kareem, since Kareem is he best center of all time, and statistically better than LeBron on all analytics. But what says you?

referencing stats of a known stat padder

nice trollin

even robert horry goes on an all-time laker list before lebron

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8687 on: March 13, 2019, 01:02:23 PM »

PG Magic, Fisher
SG Kobe, West, Goodwich
SF Baylor, Worthy
PF Gasol, Green
C Kareem, Shaq, Wilt

nice trollin

People underrate Horry. I think of him as the first true spread-4. Think of it, he was a SF in the 90's, Phil Jackson came and moved him to the PF position and used him to be an outside shooter to open the lane for Shaq. Before Elden Campbell would crowd the lane with Shaq, but you put in Horry, he stretches tradition PF's out, and Shaq can go to work inside. Horry has a very underrated role in NBA history as it transitioned to the modern game of today.

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #8688 on: March 13, 2019, 01:16:01 PM »

PG Magic, Fisher
SG Kobe, West, Goodwich
SF Baylor, Worthy
PF Gasol, Green
C Kareem, Shaq, Wilt

nice trollin

People underrate Horry. I think of him as the first true spread-4. Think of it, he was a SF in the 90's, Phil Jackson came and moved him to the PF position and used him to be an outside shooter to open the lane for Shaq. Before Elden Campbell would crowd the lane with Shaq, but you put in Horry, he stretches tradition PF's out, and Shaq can go to work inside. Horry has a very underrated role in NBA history as it transitioned to the modern game of today.

definitely.. one of the goat role players

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8689 on: March 13, 2019, 01:36:09 PM »

PG Magic, Fisher
SG Kobe, West, Goodwich
SF Baylor, Worthy
PF Gasol, Green
C Kareem, Shaq, Wilt

nice trollin

definitely.. one of the goat role players

Easily. He was one of the early reasons the game has spread out. Now Dirk was a little before Horry in terms of being a Stretch-4, but people forget, Dirk's 90's years were terrible and he was completely over matched. Horry on the other hand picked up the role perfectly, and he didn't need to be the focus of the offense like Dirk, so he could play the role much better. He allowed the Lakers to be early adapters to the modern game.

Infinite Trapped in 1996

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8690 on: March 15, 2019, 12:32:56 PM »

PG Magic, Fisher
SG Kobe, West, Goodwich
SF Baylor, Worthy
PF Gasol, Green
C Kareem, Shaq, Wilt

Worthy was sick!! He was smooth, kind of silent but deadly. I re-watched the Bulls finals series again and everyone thinks the Lakers got blown away cause of 4-1 but Worthy was playing injured and he was still holding it down—they took game 1 in Chicago and had game 3 on lock but let the Bulls come back late in the game and tied to go to overtime.  After that the Bulls kind of took control and when Worthy started sitting out it was over.

How about Divac?   That dude was sick!!!  He wasn’t gettin any props but dude was making play after play.  Maybe they felt he wasn’t hard enough on defense or boards but offensively he was a dangerous weapons from his first game in a Lakers uniform.  He was underrated his whole career.  He always made his teams better.

Dre -  Source 1996 cover

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #8691 on: March 15, 2019, 12:44:02 PM »

PG Magic, Fisher
SG Kobe, West, Goodwich
SF Baylor, Worthy
PF Gasol, Green
C Kareem, Shaq, Wilt

Worthy was sick!! He was smooth, kind of silent but deadly. I re-watched the Bulls finals series again and everyone thinks the Lakers got blown away cause of 4-1 but Worthy was playing injured and he was still holding it down—they took game 1 in Chicago and had game 3 on lock but let the Bulls come back late in the game and tied to go to overtime.  After that the Bulls kind of took control and when Worthy started sitting out it was over.

How about Divac?   That dude was sick!!!  He wasn’t gettin any props but dude was making play after play.  Maybe they felt he wasn’t hard enough on defense or boards but offensively he was a dangerous weapons from his first game in a Lakers uniform.  He was underrated his whole career.  He always made his teams better.

yup .. we definitely woulda won in 91 if not for injuries

divac was a beast too... jokic before jokic

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8692 on: March 15, 2019, 03:20:19 PM »

PG Magic, Fisher
SG Kobe, West, Goodwich
SF Baylor, Worthy
PF Gasol, Green
C Kareem, Shaq, Wilt

The sad part is, the Lakers have such a rich history at center, that the best a center can hope for is that they outperform Wilt fuckin' Chamberlain! Granted, he was at the end of his career and only averaging 22ppg, but also 22RPG! And the way centers play now a days, I don't see the Lakers top 3 centers ever changing in my lifetime.

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #8693 on: March 15, 2019, 03:38:23 PM »

PG Magic, Fisher
SG Kobe, West, Goodwich
SF Baylor, Worthy
PF Gasol, Green
C Kareem, Shaq, Wilt

The sad part is, the Lakers have such a rich history at center, that the best a center can hope for is that they outperform Wilt fuckin' Chamberlain! Granted, he was at the end of his career and only averaging 22ppg, but also 22RPG! And the way centers play now a days, I don't see the Lakers top 3 centers ever changing in my lifetime.

1.KAREEM
2.WILT
3.SHAQ
4.MIKAN
5.DIVAC

YOU CAN THROW PAU BEFORE DIVAC, BUT HE WAS MORE OF A 4

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8694 on: March 18, 2019, 08:04:09 AM »

PG Magic, Fisher
SG Kobe, West, Goodwich
SF Baylor, Worthy
PF Gasol, Green
C Kareem, Shaq, Wilt

1.KAREEM
2.WILT
3.SHAQ
4.MIKAN
5.DIVAC

YOU CAN THROW PAU BEFORE DIVAC, BUT HE WAS MORE OF A 4

I always put Pau at 4, though he actually played the center in the triangle, Pau was a natural 4 and defended the 4. Mikan was about 15 rpg before the rebound was an official stat. Yeah, it's hard to think of a center in the future ever getting even Mikan's numbers. About 28ppg, and 15rpg in his prime (which he was already in by the time the NBA started). The best center in the league right now is Anthony Davis, and he's 26ppg and 12rpg, he's entering his prime and he's not there with Mikan in his prime. Now Mikan's body broke down before the age of 30, but that was common back then as sports medicine wasn't close to what it is today.

But yea, I have to agree with your list, except I put Shaq over Wilt. Shaq was a Laker right in his prime. His young years were in Orlando, his past his prime years in Miami, but his absolute prime years were in LA. Shaq was around 30 ppg in his prime (never reaching it, but getting close), were as Wilt struggled to get 20 ppg. Shaq had an MVP year as a Laker, Wilt didn't. So  I'd rank Shaq over Wilt. Of course 1 is Kareem.

Tanners ex-Husband

« Reply #8695 on: March 23, 2019, 03:06:43 PM »
Lebron James isn't better than Mike James at this point. I think Magic will release him sooner than later.

On tha blocc 661

« Reply #8696 on: March 31, 2019, 06:21:45 PM »
Matt Barnes on westward 1 said he'll coach the Lake Show Nex Seasons