Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 277992 times)

acbaylove

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2005, 10:17:27 AM »
I thought it was written in bad english and i didnt want to be misunderstood. Anyway my idea is that it's the desperation of being forced to do a certain move who made Mitch do this "horrible" trade and the one who sent Shaq to Miami for 3 non All-Star players (and 2 of them 3 arent in purple & gold no more, after just 1 season). Lakers were in a too much delicate moment, and Mitch was just unexpert to play the game at this level. Lakers missed The Logo. My opinion is that Mitch should have traded Shaq the year before, having the knife from the right side, and getting a good big guy in return. They didnt. They traded him the wrong year, when the team collapsed and everybody blamed each other's (including Phil Jackson, who lost his mind releasing that infamous book talking about "private" things), for a broken (later waived PF) and for two young forwards. By doing that, they made the result of a team lacking a Center this summer. I mean in desperate need of a PF/C. So Brown was like a miracle in their eyes. He was even the "missing man" to be contender for some fans (something like Rasheed Wallace in Detroit). Fuck it. He was a bust, in my eyes. Since day one. Ok, we were desperate trying to get a big guy and the only tradable players were Odom and Butler, but damn, Butler from the bench is outplaying Brown (i know they play in different positions and shit, but damn, Brown is averaging worse stats than he did in the worse season in Washington!!). To use Kwame's words, he aint playing like a "beast". Yet. So yes, horrible trade, till now.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2005, 12:10:48 PM »
Woah! 2 lost games and everyone starts the shit-talking again...First of all, 7even, take that shit out your sig. It's DISGUSTING to be proud of another mans failure. I have no idea why you have taken pride in the fact that Kwame is struggling, but it can't be good. What are you guys expecting, a miracle? You thought Kwame would all of a sudden just completely turn himself around in the span 6 games and play to perfection? It takes time to get with the system, and obviously, Kwame is very lost right now...You're crazy if you like Butler over Odom, especially for our system...Also, Butler got around 40-50 million over 5 years from Washington. The Lakers CANT afford that right now and it would completely fuck up the 2007/2008 plan. Kwame hasn't failed under the Lakers just yet, you fuckers are jumping the gun way too soon. He looks way too raw for a 5th year player, I agree, but that's why I believe in him. I believe that if he learns to play consistant and more alert, which he hasn't been doing, he can be a factor. That'll take more than 6 games to achieve under Phil Jackson...Also, is points where the Lakers need help or is it in rebounding? OBVIOUSLY it's rebounding. Caron is mainly a scorer, it'd make no sense to have kept him. Now you guys don't see potential in Kwame? What about his first half performance vs. Minnesota where Kwame outperformed KG? He locked up KG very efficiently and proved to Laker fans that he CAN defend against the bigs of the west. He at least has been a good defensive present thus far, he just needs to learn how to utilize his talent more often, especially on the offensive end. Kwame is rushing his shot right now. Best believe that he wont be doing that under Phil come April...It's way too soon to be shit-talking, you need to give it a chance.

When the Lakers lose a game, it shows who the real fans are. The ones who turn around completely and begin the shit-talkings after praising the 3-1 Lakers vs. the ones who see the loss as ONLY a loss and don't show signs of diminishing faith after 6 games... :-X

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2005, 12:26:00 PM »
I apologize.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2005, 01:03:36 PM »
Lol at everybody being happy when we were 3-1 and now they are so pessimistic.. We have to be patient , we have a team to rebuild. The players are young and the triangle offense is a very difficult system to learn. Of course we could have one or maybe 2 wins more, without these weak 4th quarters, but playing good in a 4th ask experience, a thing we don't have  as a whole team yet. I don't see why we would be so pessimistic, our defense gets  better , some players just have to learn to play the right way at some keys moments. I still think we can have the 7th or 8th spot and make the playoffs , we'll see
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 01:06:12 PM by wcsoldier »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2005, 02:29:38 PM »
Lakers WILL make the playoffs, mark my words.

ecrazy

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2005, 02:33:08 PM »
And If they Dont??

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2005, 02:36:21 PM »
And If they Dont??

Then I was wrong, moron...

ecrazy

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2005, 02:43:53 PM »
And If they Dont??

I was subtlely trying to get you to wager something......damn butthurt jews, tsk tsk tsk

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2005, 02:53:21 PM »
And If they Dont??

I was subtlely trying to get you to wager something......damn butthurt jews, tsk tsk tsk

LMAO. You've defined butt-hurt on this board. And I'm the only Jew in this thread, moron...

ecrazy

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2005, 03:05:09 PM »
And If they Dont??

LMAO. You've defined butt-hurt on this board. And I'm the only Jew in this thread, moron...
You did not just say that....Seriously, are you serious?
LMAO! ...ill just leave it at that, you can have your final say like you know you will kill to get anyway...LOL!!!

acbaylove

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2005, 03:17:33 PM »
Woah! 2 lost games and everyone starts the shit-talking again...
I hated this trade since day 1.

What are you guys expecting, a miracle? You thought Kwame would all of a sudden just completely turn himself around in the span 6 games and play to perfection?
No i didn't.

It takes time to get with the system, and obviously, Kwame is very lost right now...
Butler changed the system too. But he ain't struggling at all.

You're crazy if you like Butler over Odom, especially for our system...
I don't.

Also, Butler got around 40-50 million over 5 years from Washington. The Lakers CANT afford that right now and it would completely fuck up the 2007/2008 plan.
I didn't say Lakers had to keep him.

Kwame hasn't failed under the Lakers just yet, you fuckers are jumping the gun way too soon.
Shit this is scaring! If that's not the worse Kwame possible, i don't wanna see more.

He looks way too raw for a 5th year player, I agree, but that's why I believe in him. I believe that if he learns to play consistant and more alert, which he hasn't been doing, he can be a factor. That'll take more than 6 games to achieve under Phil Jackson...
Always the same excuses, repeated from day 1.

Also, is points where the Lakers need help or is it in rebounding? OBVIOUSLY it's rebounding. Caron is mainly a scorer, it'd make no sense to have kept him.
Butler is getting the same rebounds Kwame is getting. That's the scaring thing.

Now you guys don't see potential in Kwame? What about his first half performance vs. Minnesota where Kwame outperformed KG? He locked up KG very efficiently and proved to Laker fans that he CAN defend against the bigs of the west. He at least has been a good defensive present thus far, he just needs to learn how to utilize his talent more often, especially on the offensive end. Kwame is rushing his shot right now. Best believe that he wont be doing that under Phil come April...It's way too soon to be shit-talking, you need to give it a chance.
I said TILL NOW it looks like an horrible trade. If something will change, my opinion will change with it.

When the Lakers lose a game, it shows who the real fans are. The ones who turn around completely and begin the shit-talkings after praising the 3-1 Lakers vs. the ones who see the loss as ONLY a loss and don't show signs of diminishing faith after 6 games... :-X
Don't talk this shit again, it's boring as fuck. Once it's funny, but you're obsessed with this shit.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2005, 03:52:48 PM »
:monkey_piss:  <--- why is that faggot talking shit?..you're a clipper fan..the most pathetic team in the Last 25 years

2 things i don't like..

1)I don't like that Kwame hasn't developed a move in the post in the 5 years he's bein in the league :grumpy:

2)Kobe can't even "Rest" for 2 minutes b/c the fucking bench will choke away a double digit lead >:(

And Alot of people are jumping on the Smush Parker BandWaggon (like me) but he's never bein a starter in his career and can he survive an 82 game season ???  ...I don't know..that's why i asked should the Lakers trade for Marbury

« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 04:25:21 PM by Lakers Run L.A & Dubcc.com Sports Section :) »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2005, 04:04:14 PM »
And If they Dont??

You did not just say that....Seriously, are you serious?
LMAO! ...ill just leave it at that, you can have your final say like you know you will kill to get anyway...LOL!!!

You enthusiastic retard, for once, shut the fuck up...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2005, 04:16:18 PM »
Woah! 2 lost games and everyone starts the shit-talking again...
I hated this trade since day 1.

Good for you!

Butler changed the system too. But he ain't struggling at all.

Eddie Jordan has had that system (which is a very easy one, especially for offensive-minded players) in place for 3 years in Washington. Butler picked that shit up easy, it's no triangle.

You're crazy if you like Butler over Odom, especially for our system...
I don't.

Good.

Also, Butler got around 40-50 million over 5 years from Washington. The Lakers CANT afford that right now and it would completely fuck up the 2007/2008 plan.
I didn't say Lakers had to keep him.

Then? There obviously weren't many offers for Butler...

Kwame hasn't failed under the Lakers just yet, you fuckers are jumping the gun way too soon.
Shit this is scaring! If that's not the worse Kwame possible, i don't wanna see more.

This IS Kwame at his worse! Kwame at his best has been able to outplay Jermain O'Neal, Chris Webber, Rasheed Wallace, Kevin Garnett, Elton Brand, etc. during his career. He has already proven that he CAN defend against the elite big-men in the league...Now he just needs to utilize his talent consistantly.

He looks way too raw for a 5th year player, I agree, but that's why I believe in him. I believe that if he learns to play consistant and more alert, which he hasn't been doing, he can be a factor. That'll take more than 6 games to achieve under Phil Jackson...
Always the same excuses, repeated from day 1.

What excuses? He's a project, dumbass, not an established star...

Also, is points where the Lakers need help or is it in rebounding? OBVIOUSLY it's rebounding. Caron is mainly a scorer, it'd make no sense to have kept him.
Butler is getting the same rebounds Kwame is getting. That's the scaring thing.

That's obviously due to the lack of games played. Come April, that won't be the case, you pessimist.

Now you guys don't see potential in Kwame? What about his first half performance vs. Minnesota where Kwame outperformed KG? He locked up KG very efficiently and proved to Laker fans that he CAN defend against the bigs of the west. He at least has been a good defensive present thus far, he just needs to learn how to utilize his talent more often, especially on the offensive end. Kwame is rushing his shot right now. Best believe that he wont be doing that under Phil come April...It's way too soon to be shit-talking, you need to give it a chance.
I said TILL NOW it looks like an horrible trade. If something will change, my opinion will change with it.

Doesn't mean you have to flaunt your diminishing pride...

Don't talk this shit again, it's boring as fuck. Once it's funny, but you're obsessed with this shit.

Nobody's talking shit, you're indecisive. The Lakers win 3 games, and your back on the bandwaggon, praising them, saying how well Phil Jackson has done with the players, etc. They lose 2 in a row, and you're back to talking shit, losing faith in the system, taking shots at Kwame WAY too early into the season...You'r pathetic, you said you would stop that shit, but 2 losses into it and your right back with the same attitude... :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2005, 04:22:29 PM »
:monkey_piss:  <--- why is that faggot talking shit?..you're a clipper fan..the most pathetic team in the Last 25 years

2 things i don't like..

1)I don't like that Kwame hasn't developed a move in the post in the 5 years he's bein in the league :grumpy:

2)Kobe can't even "Rest" for 2 minutes b/c the fucking bench will choke away a double digit lead >:(

And Alot of people are jumping on the Smush Parker BandWaggon (like me) but he's never bein a starter in his career and can't he survive an 82 game season ???  ...I don't know..that's why i asked should the Lakers trade for Marbury

You don't know what you're saying. Kwame has moves in the posts, he's shown brilliance underneath in the past, he just gets lost trying to utilize his athleticism and talent a lot...He needs a lot of mentoring and guidance on the court. Smush is going to be great for us, I guarantee it...Trading for Marbury would be EXTREMELY retarded, Mitch found a hidden gem in Smush and the Lakers should keep him for as long as they can...Marbury is past prime. Kobe CAN rest, the Lakers played great without him in their 3 wins, the other players just need to step up consistantly. So far, I see no failures. I have faith in the future for this club...