Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 277985 times)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2005, 04:36:02 PM »
you gotta give Mitch Props For finding Smush Parker..Let's hope he becomes the PG version of Ben Wallace 8)

acbaylove

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2005, 05:34:37 PM »
Woah! 2 lost games and everyone starts the shit-talking again...
I hated this trade since day 1.
Good for you!
You did it too.

Butler changed the system too. But he ain't struggling at all.
Eddie Jordan has had that system (which is a very easy one, especially for offensive-minded players) in place for 3 years in Washington. Butler picked that shit up easy, it's no triangle.
Kwame Brown struggled both in the easier system than in the harder one.

You're crazy if you like Butler over Odom, especially for our system...
I don't.
Good.
Yeah.

Also, Butler got around 40-50 million over 5 years from Washington. The Lakers CANT afford that right now and it would completely fuck up the 2007/2008 plan.
I didn't say Lakers had to keep him.
Then? There obviously weren't many offers for Butler...
Bullshit.

Kwame hasn't failed under the Lakers just yet, you fuckers are jumping the gun way too soon.
Shit this is scaring! If that's not the worse Kwame possible, i don't wanna see more.
This IS Kwame at his worse! Kwame at his best has been able to outplay Jermain O'Neal, Chris Webber, Rasheed Wallace, Kevin Garnett, Elton Brand, etc. during his career. He has already proven that he CAN defend against the elite big-men in the league...Now he just needs to utilize his talent consistantly.
In other words he needs to stop playing 4 games per season and start playing 82 + playoffs. Not an easy thing.

He looks way too raw for a 5th year player, I agree, but that's why I believe in him. I believe that if he learns to play consistant and more alert, which he hasn't been doing, he can be a factor. That'll take more than 6 games to achieve under Phil Jackson...
Always the same excuses, repeated from day 1.
What excuses? He's a project, dumbass, not an established star...
He's not just a project. He's a failed project rejected from Washington, to be precise. Bynum is a project. Wafer is a project. Brown ain't a project. He was been a starter for 4 years and he hasn't developed since then.

Also, is points where the Lakers need help or is it in rebounding? OBVIOUSLY it's rebounding. Caron is mainly a scorer, it'd make no sense to have kept him.
Butler is getting the same rebounds Kwame is getting. That's the scaring thing.
That's obviously due to the lack of games played. Come April, that won't be the case, you pessimist.
That's due to the fact he has a career average of 5.5 rebounds per game while Butler has a 5.3 rpg being a SF. Brown is not only over-rebounding him because he's in a good moment, but because he's a beast getting rebounds while Brown in his best career has averaged more than 1 rebounds less than Butler in his 13 games playoffs career. Get it: Brown ain't a good rebounder, and it has nothing to do with the triangle or the lack of games played.

Now you guys don't see potential in Kwame? What about his first half performance vs. Minnesota where Kwame outperformed KG? He locked up KG very efficiently and proved to Laker fans that he CAN defend against the bigs of the west. He at least has been a good defensive present thus far, he just needs to learn how to utilize his talent more often, especially on the offensive end. Kwame is rushing his shot right now. Best believe that he wont be doing that under Phil come April...It's way too soon to be shit-talking, you need to give it a chance.
I said TILL NOW it looks like an horrible trade. If something will change, my opinion will change with it.
Doesn't mean you have to flaunt your diminishing pride...
I speak the truth, even if it hurts. I'm Brown's #1 fan when he's playing with a purple & gold jersey, but if you ask me an opinion about him, and you want me to be sincere, i can't lie to you.

When the Lakers lose a game, it shows who the real fans are. The ones who turn around completely and begin the shit-talkings after praising the 3-1 Lakers vs. the ones who see the loss as ONLY a loss and don't show signs of diminishing faith after 6 games... :-X
Don't talk this shit again, it's boring as fuck. Once it's funny, but you're obsessed with this shit.
Nobody's talking shit, you're indecisive. The Lakers win 3 games, and your back on the bandwaggon, praising them, saying how well Phil Jackson has done with the players, etc. They lose 2 in a row, and you're back to talking shit, losing faith in the system, taking shots at Kwame WAY too early into the season...You'r pathetic, you said you would stop that shit, but 2 losses into it and your right back with the same attitude... :-X
I'm not talking shit about Phil Jackson or the system, what the fuck are you talking about! I'm disappointed about Brown, cause he still seems to have them menthal problems who made him a bust in Washington.

ecrazy

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2005, 09:35:11 PM »
:monkey_piss:  <--- why is that faggot talking shit?..you're a clipper fan..the most pathetic team in the Last 25 years

2 things i don't like..

1)I don't like that Kwame hasn't developed a move in the post in the 5 years he's bein in the league :grumpy:

2)Kobe can't even "Rest" for 2 minutes b/c the fucking bench will choke away a double digit lead >:(

And Alot of people are jumping on the Smush Parker BandWaggon (like me) but he's never bein a starter in his career and can he survive an 82 game season ???  ...I don't know..that's why i asked should the Lakers trade for Marbury

Wow, didnt know i had a male groupie.......its ok, i love my fans!!
All I need to say is
Clippers 5-2
Lakers 3-4

When the Lakers have a better record than the clippers, then your garbage means something
AND
When the Clippers whoop on the Lakers, You Should Consider Thinking before posting and sounding like a dumbass

ecrazy

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2005, 09:36:22 PM »
Lakers WILL make the playoffs, mark my words.
And If they Dont??

Then I was wrong, moron...
I was subtlely trying to get you to wager something......damn butthurt jews, tsk tsk tsk

LMAO. You've defined butt-hurt on this board. And I'm the only Jew in this thread, moron...
You did not just say that....Seriously, are you serious?
LMAO! ...ill just leave it at that, you can have your final say like you know you will kill to get anyway...LOL!!!

You enthusiastic retard, for once, shut the fuck up...
Aww, Poor Baby....I'll Stop, Just cuz you say the clippers are your 2nd fav. Team....I know you have it rough

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2005, 10:18:55 PM »
you do realize you're a "clipper fan" right? you have no right to talk shit.....go win some championships and then you could talk couse that's what the Lakers are all about..

The Lakers are not just some team,these are the Los Angeles Lakers..best franchise in NBA history

you're a pathetic clipper fan,you're a loser & your show sucks ;D

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2005, 10:36:53 PM »
although the lakers have a very impressive history, i hafta go with the boston celtics for the best franchise in NBA history.

the lakers do have a tremendous amount of hall of famers and have only missed the playoffs less than a handful of times, but the championships are what stick out most to me 16 > 14

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

ecrazy

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2005, 10:39:08 PM »
you do realize you're a "clipper fan" right? you have no right to talk shit.....go win some championships and then you could talk couse that's what the Lakers are all about..

The Lakers are not just some team,these are the Los Angeles Lakers..best franchise in NBA history

you're a pathetic clipper fan,you're a loser & your show sucks ;D
Once Again, Living in the past, Did it matter that the yankees won the most championships in baseball this postseason? No, does it matter NOW that the lakers won so many championships? Is One of their NBA trophies going to play PF or C for the lakers?????? NO...You have no say in anything, your a loser, Seriously.

WestCoasta

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2005, 10:52:09 PM »
you guys need to stop arguing over shit 7 games into the season....  :laugh:  ::)

I love the Lakers, but I find the entire NBA hard to watch, nothing but stupid ass dudes and fouls being called every trip down the floor, shit is lame

the only pure truthful winner comes out in baseball  8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2005, 10:55:45 PM »
Baseball :sleep:

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2005, 11:05:28 PM »
i'm a loser? lol  you're a clipper fan....you really have no idea what that means do you? fucking retard!

and of course you don't want me to bring up the past, you're  fucking clipper fan,you're the most pathetic franchise in NBA history...

And also,you don't want to face the facts that you need to win championships to have bragging rights in L.A.

this aint chicago (cubs,White-sox)..is not like the Lakers and Clippers haven't won a championship sinse the 30's and the first team  to win a championship has bragging rights

so shut the fuck up and be happy that you "finally" have a winning record(it won't last long)..i don't know what the Clippers having a winning record has to do with the Lakers,that's what's wrong with Clipper fans,they rather have a better record then the Lakers then make the Playoffs,look at Last season,clipper fans were all excited b/c they had a better record then us..the only reason you had a better record then us is b/c we came down to your level,,the clippers did what they always do,and that's bein a lottery team..

it took the Lakers deciding to rebuild for the clippers to even compete with the Lakers.Clipper fans can not be proud of that,you just can't

ps

Laker Fans were the ones going to championship parades a couple years ago..something you clipper fans no nothing about and never will ;D :-*

WestCoasta

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2005, 11:18:11 PM »
the NBA is fuckin dumb because you have some idiots on the bench and guys who average 4 points a game making $5 million

every player is trying to be the man all the time and it seems no one in the league recognizes that if you play as a team you win

all these fuckers wear headbands, it's getting really old, and lame sleeve guards on their arms and all that bullshit

everything in the league is just a fuckin hype

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2005, 04:45:12 AM »
Is One of their NBA trophies going to play PF or C for the lakers?????? NO...

Exactly my thoughts, which of course means that it's the exact truth, and nice wording, props.

BTW: What happens when Brown gets a lot of touches was shown in the last game, LOL. 3-14 as a PF and then fouling out?! He's terrible. If it wasnt for him being the 1st pick and all that shit, there's no way he'd still have business in the NBA.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 04:49:58 AM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2005, 04:56:20 AM »
First of all personally I don't find it funny at all to diss a Clipper fan calling him a looser. Matter of fact the Clippers are overplaying the Lakers since the past season, so we should just accept it and give them props because it took forever but finally they have a pretty good team that looks pretty loaded. About Brown, yes, another horrible game from him. 3-14 with Gasol making a solid 20+10 dominating him. Now i'm waiting for Nik to repeat for the 300th time: he'll became a beast. Yeah, right.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2005, 04:42:10 PM »
You did it too.

Never hated the trade. Maybe disagreed with it at first, but never hated.

Kwame Brown struggled both in the easier system than in the harder one.

LOL...Kwame hasn't had a chance to establish himself in the new system yet, that's the point.

Bullshit.

Bullshit? Give me a better option than Kwame & Profit for the 2007/2008 plan.

In other words he needs to stop playing 4 games per season and start playing 82 + playoffs. Not an easy thing.

He doesn't only play four games. He's shown signs of greatness when given the chance, he just needs to utilize that great ability more often. Like I said, he's had his 11/8 season, he just never had the chance to excel to the next level after that. It's too early in the season and the system is too complex to start bashing Kwame 6 games in.

He's not just a project. He's a failed project rejected from Washington, to be precise. Bynum is a project. Wafer is a project. Brown ain't a project. He was been a starter for 4 years and he hasn't developed since then.

Failed projects have shown progress, and he's only 23. Don't you think it's too soon to be calling him a failure, especially being a "Laker fan" and all...

That's due to the fact he has a career average of 5.5 rebounds per game while Butler has a 5.3 rpg being a SF. Brown is not only over-rebounding him because he's in a good moment, but because he's a beast getting rebounds while Brown in his best career has averaged more than 1 rebounds less than Butler in his 13 games playoffs career. Get it: Brown ain't a good rebounder, and it has nothing to do with the triangle or the lack of games played.

Kwame Brown has averaged about 20 minutes a game throughout his career, which is obviously not enough for him to develop, nor is it enough for him to surpass Caron's 5.3 rebounds he's averaged in 35 minutes by a large margin...

Caron Butler's season high in rebounds: 7
Caron Butler's career high in rebounds: 14

Kwame Brown's season high in rebounds: 13
Kwame Brown's career high in rebounds: 19

Kwame has obviously shown a lot more upside and potential to be more than just decent.

I speak the truth, even if it hurts. I'm Brown's #1 fan when he's playing with a purple & gold jersey, but if you ask me an opinion about him, and you want me to be sincere, i can't lie to you.

You're not lying, you're simply hating too soon.

I'm not talking shit about Phil Jackson or the system, what the fuck are you talking about! I'm disappointed about Brown, cause he still seems to have them menthal problems who made him a bust in Washington.

Again, too early in the season to just judge it like that. You have to give him AT LEAST until all-star break until you can officialy say he's been a bust for us.

Just wait until you start talking shit, because you never know, Chris Mihm has been showing great improvement. Andrew Bynum looks like a great presence out on the court already. Did you see how Pau Gasol was easily making shots, but as soon as Bynum steps in, he blocked his first shot with ease, then causes him to miss the next with his presence in the middle. Then he stuffs Shane Battier on the next attempt...He's gunna be something, I definitely see a bright future for this club... 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2005, 04:43:45 PM »
although the lakers have a very impressive history, i hafta go with the boston celtics for the best franchise in NBA history.

the lakers do have a tremendous amount of hall of famers and have only missed the playoffs less than a handful of times, but the championships are what stick out most to me 16 > 14

This has been debated, but Lakers are far more consistant. What was it, 28 Finals appearances compared to 19?