Author Topic: After 7 years....Damn.....Tech retires from Chronic. (I got ta do it!)  (Read 415 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
*downs third cup of coffee today*

Nah Don Rizzle I aint jackin ya shit, but props to u cuz I feel ya pain.

Now....many many moons ago Tech was a young punk doing what young punks do and thus, this is what led to his encounter with chronic. 14 years old, hangin out on the block, bunnin spliffs.

Now over the last 7 years my life has changed tremendously. I lost weight and got into bad azz shape. Started getting pussy on a regular basis. Liked school, hated school, damn near dropped out of school, only to come back and get honours. I went to University, left alot of that hood shit alone. Cut out alot of peeps I used to kick it with. Ive changed emotionally, physically spiritually and mentally.
A big evolution has happened over the last 7 years (as it should).

But man, these days that quarter life crisis started bothering a playa. The chronic every day habit that has worked for years, and which I have been able to incorporate and balance with the rest of my crazy life, cannot happen anymore. Its not the same. Were not kids no more. If u have semblance of high expectations at some point u come to that fork in the road and u gotta roll one way.

2 months ago I kicked cigarettes to the curb. Now its chronics turn. Monday night I smoked my final blunt at 1:46 am (technically Tues) bumping All Eyez On Me, and finished the last bit of chronic inhalement to Roger Troutmans "City of Commmpptttooooonn"

Im gonna save money, get in better shape, improve my health, improve my ambition and passion, possibly increase my social activity, remove my eye bags, kill my sleep and eating habits......but I am definitely mournful and this is a very tragic and traumatic experience.

I was in love with Mary Jane, and sweety, getting over you is gonna hurt.

*leaves thread sobbing*
*painfully, reluctantly and tearfully embraces adulthood*

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: After 7 years....Damn.....Tech retires from Chronic. (I got ta do it!)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 05:25:03 PM »
well done i hope it motivates you do things better for yourself i know it did for me.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 05:35:04 PM »
Good luck man.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 05:35:41 PM »
That take heart man. Congrats. I know I gotta get ym eating habits n shit like that in order myself.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 05:43:38 PM »
Well good luck to you.  I went through the exact same shit.  I graduated from college, lost 30 lbs., gave up all tobacco, only drink on weekends.  I graduated 2 years ago, worked for a bank, completely on the straight and narrow - gotten promotions / raises, really upped my value at work. I'm gonna build my stock value a little higher, then start interviewing for other jobs and use it as some leverage to see how much $$$ my current employers will pay me.  I bought a 2005 loaded 4Runner in July, which is the shit.  Its a good ass feeling to have all this stuff as a direct effect of puttin up with school, and being dedicated to bein successful.  And with all this bein constant...

I'M IN LOVE WITH MARY JANE, SHE'S MY MAIN THING!

For real, i love the shit more than i did a few years back.  It makes me focused as a mother fucker - doesn't make me lazy.  I'm more likely to mow my lawn high then lay on the couch all day.  Much props for changing your life around - you'll never regret doing it.  But for me, i don't see me giving up Mary for a while. Peace

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 06:29:57 PM »
Props mayn, hope all this shiet works out for ya, there's a time in a man's life where he realizes some things just gotta go

Good luck

J Bananas

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 10:50:09 PM »
good luck man, you sound like u got the will power

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 11:13:24 PM »

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 02:08:23 AM »

good luck..  i'm about 7 years deep on giving up weed and 5/6 or so on giving up ciggies..  :)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2005, 02:44:09 AM »
yea still gotta give up the tabacco... i seem to be smoking alot more now i gave up green, one of these days i'll go cold turkey i done it before so i'm sure i can do it again.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2005, 07:25:58 AM »
good for u man.  cant wait till i get to my fork in the road

UAK

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2005, 07:53:37 AM »
*downs third cup of coffee today*

Nah Don Rizzle I aint jackin ya shit, but props to u cuz I feel ya pain.

Now....many many moons ago Tech was a young punk doing what young punks do and thus, this is what led to his encounter with chronic. 14 years old, hangin out on the block, bunnin spliffs.

Now over the last 7 years my life has changed tremendously. I lost weight and got into bad azz shape. Started getting pussy on a regular basis. Liked school, hated school, damn near dropped out of school, only to come back and get honours. I went to University, left alot of that hood shit alone. Cut out alot of peeps I used to kick it with. Ive changed emotionally, physically spiritually and mentally.
A big evolution has happened over the last 7 years (as it should).

But man, these days that quarter life crisis started bothering a playa. The chronic every day habit that has worked for years, and which I have been able to incorporate and balance with the rest of my crazy life, cannot happen anymore. Its not the same. Were not kids no more. If u have semblance of high expectations at some point u come to that fork in the road and u gotta roll one way.

2 months ago I kicked cigarettes to the curb. Now its chronics turn. Monday night I smoked my final blunt at 1:46 am (technically Tues) bumping All Eyez On Me, and finished the last bit of chronic inhalement to Roger Troutmans "City of Commmpptttooooonn"

Im gonna save money, get in better shape, improve my health, improve my ambition and passion, possibly increase my social activity, remove my eye bags, kill my sleep and eating habits......but I am definitely mournful and this is a very tragic and traumatic experience.

I was in love with Mary Jane, and sweety, getting over you is gonna hurt.

*leaves thread sobbing*
*painfully, reluctantly and tearfully embraces adulthood*

Sounds a rap song  :D sell the lyrics to Kanye.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2005, 01:38:46 PM »
Kanye to pussy for Tech lyrics

I spit lyrics that'll make Brotha Lynch Hung blush
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2005, 01:42:06 PM »
ive quit, came back ,quit, basically, i figure if i smoke every once in a while, or drink 1s in a while, it aint bad, for me, just cant make a habit out of it, .... i doubt ill be smokin wen im 20ish tho...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2005, 02:42:35 PM »
Good luck dawg, I got nothin' but respect for that...You'll probably come back to it sooner or later, but you sound like you know what you want and you got that shit figured, so handle it... 8)