Author Topic: whats Gonna happen if...  (Read 542 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
whats Gonna happen if...
« on: November 11, 2005, 10:51:05 PM »
Everybody goes independant?

I mean , all the good artists are not even on major label anymore...they are all going independant

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
Re: whats Gonna happen if...
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 10:53:45 PM »
they'll make more money if they're any good.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 01:00:55 AM »
It'll mean big record companies will have to start giving out Master P type deals where the artists makes more off CDs than the execs do, and they won't like that. If rock groups follow, maybe it'll reconstruct the whole music industry as we know it and we won't be force fed crap 24/7.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 01:24:31 AM »
i think its good for music that way an artist has all the freedom to do their music the way they want to.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 04:58:00 AM »
...they'll have to get side jobs at thier local Burger King's like your favourite indy artists of today.

ABN

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 05:09:01 AM »
It'll mean big record companies will have to start giving out Master P type deals where the artists makes more off CDs than the execs do, and they won't like that. If rock groups follow, maybe it'll reconstruct the whole music industry as we know it and we won't be force fed crap 24/7.
naw we´ll never ever see an artist get 7 dollars a pop on major again. P basically got indy money on a major label and he owns all of his masters and shit so it was a great deal for him. but it was a great deal for Priority aswell coz they didn´t spend shit on makin those albums and even Kane & Able put out a gold album for fucks sake.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 01:38:04 PM »
If only that were true.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 02:00:30 PM »
...they'll have to get side jobs at thier local Burger King's like your favourite indy artists of today.

Indie artists make a lot of money. Royce says he gets between $5-$8 an album. If you sell 50,000 records at $6 a pop, you'll make $300,000. I'm sure half of that goes to featured artists, producers, and for promotion, but that means you'd still be pulling in $150,000. It's nothing astonishing, but it's more than most people make a year.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2005, 02:28:46 PM »
Indie artists make a lot of money. Royce says he gets between $5-$8 an album. If you sell 50,000 records at $6 a pop, you'll make $300,000. I'm sure half of that goes to featured artists, producers, and for promotion, but that means you'd still be pulling in $150,000. It's nothing astonishing, but it's more than most people make a year.

Artists say a lot of things.

Canibus:

There's a rumor going around that I got dropped
200,000 albums sold at 10 dollars a pop
300,000 albums were shipped, you do the math
Thats 3 million in 3 months so kiss my ass

::) ::) ::)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2005, 02:38:13 PM »

Artists say a lot of things.

Canibus:

There's a rumor going around that I got dropped
200,000 albums sold at 10 dollars a pop
300,000 albums were shipped, you do the math
Thats 3 million in 3 months so kiss my ass

::) ::) ::)

Artists do say alot of things. That's why I used such a small amount of albums sold. And I'm pretty sure no one would ever give anyone $10 from each CD sold. Hell, Target sells most of their CD inventory for $10. It's safe to say that most indie artists make around $6 for every CD sold. If you take away the middle man (record company), that figure is very plausible.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2005, 02:43:46 PM »
How much money do artists recive per album non independent labels?

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2005, 02:51:46 PM »

About $2 or $3. Groups tend to make $3 while solo artists make $2. That's why it's so important to hit platinum status because the artists doesn't really make any money before that mark.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2005, 02:55:50 PM »

About $2 or $3. Groups tend to make $3 while solo artists make $2. That's why it's so important to hit platinum status because the artists doesn't really make any money before that mark.
So how do cats like mephis bleek, young gunz, the diplomats etc. make money when they arn't even goning platinum (and sometimes not even gold)?
?

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2005, 03:09:09 PM »

So how do cats like mephis bleek, young gunz, the diplomats etc. make money when they arn't even goning platinum (and sometimes not even gold)?
?

Because the label has to pay the artist a salary if they don't release an album. I'm sure it's not more than $60,000. Otherwise it would be easy for a label to sign an artist, and if they had problems, keep them from earning another dime. That is illegal. Plus, I'm sure Bleek is one of Jay's closer friends, so even if his album doesn't sell, he'll keep him on the payroll. I'm sure it's the same with the Young Gunz. And now Dipset is indie.

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2005, 03:28:04 PM »

LMAO
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE