Author Topic: Substance Abuse - Effect On Respect Levels  (Read 236 times)

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
Substance Abuse - Effect On Respect Levels
« on: November 13, 2005, 05:47:54 AM »
I don't understood how people think it's okay to use substance abuse as a justification for their actions. This weekend for example;

Friday night - Was at the local (pub) drinking, pretty relaxed atmosphere as usual till this one fuckwit thought it'd be funny to pour a beer from the second level on to a bloke on the lower level. Problem was cause he was drunk he missed the guy and soaked his missus. As any guy would he went to the 2nd level to sort him out, but the guy that did it faded into the background and his mates ended up bashing the guy pretty badly. Security threw them all out, i dunno what happened after that.

Again, same night - http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=71864. The article hasn't been updated but apparently both passengers had been drinking and escalated a minor altercation between two unrelated drivers, occurring near where i live.

Everyone would have their own stories but i really can't tolerate those that are unable to use substances in a controlled social manner. Personally i drink frequently and despite how drunk i've been i've usually been able to recognise my surroundings and how i should act accordingly. Most people would have said or done something stupid but i believe it's the place and the people present that create/extend that line of appropriate behaviour which should be kept in accordance and respected. I know of a few people who i don't go out drinking with cause i know they'll act like twats.

It's a problem that generally reflects age but there are always exceptions, whether it's a growing concern i dunno. Perhaps, since a lot of people are starting to drink at younger ages than they were years ago.

"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Substance Abuse - Effect On Respect Levels
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 06:04:29 AM »
I have to admit I tend to be on some fucked up manner when I'm drunk, I think most people are. It's not a matter of age or how mature you are, just about how you react to certain drugs like alcohol and how much you drink. One can blame somebody for drinking too much, of course, though. Also, I do think you should be convicted of any felony you commit while being on drugs, so it shouldnt be an excuse when it comes to law, but it should be a little excuse when it comes to social reputation. Someone who is sober and starts some shit or acts stupid is more of a moron to be than someone who's just drunk and doesn't have any control over his actions. Tossing a pint on someone from the second floor is extremely fucked up and reminds me of the movie "Trainspotting". Fucked up. In those cases he has to be dealt with regardless of how drunk he is. But, if someone walks up to me talkin shit and it's obvious he's just drunk as hell, I don't have the desire to show him what's up cause he's just drunk and not really himself anymore.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 09:51:57 AM »
when i get drunk all i want to do is fight and start shit.  well not always, i mean i prefer to have fun and not fight, but if anyone looks says or does something i dont like they gonna get it.  i guess thats whether im drunk or not, but it happens more frequently when im drunk.  regarding respect levels, i hate people that use a drug or something and are embarassed.  like if me and my boys are blowing lines or something nigga will be like nah i didnt do none.  and im like if you gonna do it stand by ur decision pussy.  kids dont wanna buy it because they think niggas will kno that they fuckin wit that shit.  if u think its bad u doin it then dont do it.  if u like it and want to do it, when someone asks u dont be a bitch, be a man.  and i love people that judge people about drugs and alcohol when they abstain from one or the other.  like when they got something to say about a nigga bein yayed up, high, or wasted, and thye dont fuck wit yays, dont smoke, or dont drink, its like your opinion dont mean shit now get the fuck outta my face.  a person who uses knows more than someone who hasnt.

coola

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 12:49:51 PM »
yeah alot of people refuse to go out drinking with me nowadays... but shit thats life, go hard or go home.

coola

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 12:51:11 PM »
when i get drunk all i want to do is fight and start shit.  well not always, i mean i prefer to have fun and not fight, but if anyone looks says or does something i dont like they gonna get it.  i guess thats whether im drunk or not, but it happens more frequently when im drunk.  regarding respect levels, i hate people that use a drug or something and are embarassed.  like if me and my boys are blowing lines or something nigga will be like nah i didnt do none.  and im like if you gonna do it stand by ur decision pussy.  kids dont wanna buy it because they think niggas will kno that they fuckin wit that shit.  if u think its bad u doin it then dont do it.  if u like it and want to do it, when someone asks u dont be a bitch, be a man.  and i love people that judge people about drugs and alcohol when they abstain from one or the other.  like when they got something to say about a nigga bein yayed up, high, or wasted, and thye dont fuck wit yays, dont smoke, or dont drink, its like your opinion dont mean shit now get the fuck outta my face.  a person who uses knows more than someone who hasnt.

are you black ?

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 04:15:05 PM »
The fact that they take the substance makes them responsible for their actions.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ThatSICCNESS

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 09:57:19 PM »
It's different for every person. I get drunk and i don't change that much. But my homie get's drunk and it's like a hidden personality takes over him.

etiquette

• Lil Geezy
  • The woman with the tattooed hands
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 12:25:56 AM »
Moderation.
Remember that sometimes heads nod to hip hop simply because it's good music.

"If the facts don't fit the theory, Change the facts" .Albert Einstein

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 12:49:21 AM »
I have used a handful of different drugs in my day and I can say that I have never lost control of myself. I believe that people use getting trashed as an excuse to be beligerant. It's like when my so called friend got drunk as hell and started abusing his girl, and when I told him to chill, he sucker punched me and broke my jaw. He knew exactly what he was doing. He remembered everything he did that night. Getting careless and knocking shit over is okay, but completely disregarding others is going way over the line, and most people think that because they are shitfaced, they don't have to take responsibility for their actions. If the person can't handle being under the influence, they should leave the substance alone.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 10:20:15 AM »
substance abuse doesnt give you the right to act dumb

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 04:14:59 PM »
Its really all about the kind ov atmosphere ur in when ur drinking. If ur in a pub with your friends just laughing and having a good time then theres absolutly no chance of things getting out of hand (in my experiences) BUT if ur in a real crowded pub n someone duz sometihng u would normally just let go in a sober situation, u pick up on it. For example if a guy is talkin slick 2 the barmaid when hes clealry had 2 much 2 drink, when you are sober ul probably let it go but if ive had a couple of drinks n the guy is thinkin hes cool 4 doin it amma say sumthin like "Chill the fuck out n let her do her job"...its usually my big mouth 2 strangers that gets me in2 trouble when drinking, but ive never used it as an excuse, if u dont want 2 do dumb shit u shouldnt drink.

The Maestro