Author Topic: Damn, Gotta feel sorry for Daunte Culpepper  (Read 257 times)

BizzyR.I.P.

Damn, Gotta feel sorry for Daunte Culpepper
« on: October 31, 2005, 11:51:08 PM »
Ouch, torn ACL, MCL, and PCL

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (Oct. 31, 2005) -- An already dire situation got worse for the demoralized Minnesota Vikings with confirmation that quarterback Daunte Culpepper will miss the rest of the season with a devastating injury to his right knee.

Culpepper, a three-time Pro Bowl pick coming off a career year whose effectiveness had fallen off dramatically this season, tore his anterior cruciate, medial collateral and posterior cruciate ligaments Oct. 30 in a 38-13 loss at Carolina.

Once the swelling subsides, the 28-year-old Culpepper will have surgery and several months of arduous rehabilitation. An injury of this nature typically takes a year to recover, but at least right now the Vikings are optimistic about his status for 2006.

"Our expectations are he's going to be ready for the season," athletic trainer Chuck Barta said.

Culpepper was hurt on the final play of the first quarter, when Panthers cornerback Chris Gamble hit him low at the end of an 18-yard run for a first down.

"I was right behind him, trailing it, and I saw it all happen," said center Melvin Fowler. "It's sad and unfortunate. He's a great player, and he'll be missed for the time that he's out."

Veteran Brad Johnson, who played for the Vikings from 1992-98 and returned to his original team this year, will be the starter. Untested Shaun Hill will move up to second string.

The Vikings (2-5) were widely considered one of the best teams in the NFC in the preseason, but have had a miserable season. Still-unresolved allegations of sexual misconduct by several players on a boat party earlier this month darkened a season that was already deteriorating.

After watching offensive coordinator Scott Linehan leave, trading star receiver Randy Moss and losing injured Pro Bowl center Matt Birk for the season, a once-mighty offense has fallen hard. Culpepper has suffered a league-high 12 interceptions against only six touchdown passes, under constant pressure behind a leaky offensive line and bothered by pre-existing soreness in the knee.

Johnson is not nearly as nimble as Culpepper, but he has a Super Bowl ring and the respect of his team.

"The most important thing is just be yourself," he said. "You can't fake it. The proof is putting up points. The proof is winning ballgames."

This is the third time in six seasons as Minnesota's starter that Culpepper will be sidelined. In 2001, he missed the final five games of the year after surgery on a sprained left knee. In 2003, he sat out two games because of an injury to his lower back.

AP NEWS

PLANT

Re: Damn, Gotta feel sorry for Daunte Culpepper
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 03:36:12 AM »
I dont feel sorry for him.  His million dollar ass can go get his dick sucked on some more cruises, chill out for the rest of the year, and hopefullly end up on a better team than the Vikings next year.  Could be a blessing in disguise.

UAK

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 06:10:49 AM »
Ouch, torn ACL, MCL, and PCL

You don't know what that means, lol  :laugh:

That what he fucking gets for taking back the chain from that kid  ;D karma bitch...

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 08:46:15 AM »
So the Packers and the Vikings. Both were suppose to contend for their division. Key injury(ies) and now they're just contending to stay out of the celler in the NFC North (and possibly the entire NFC). Damn. Never cared for the Viks, but too bad for the Pack. Goes to show you can't really predict anything in the NFL.

Kam Fan, is there a specific reason u have rice in ur sig? Ya like her or just doing it for the hell of it? what's up?

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 10:14:26 AM »
he put it all on himself

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 11:57:43 AM »
I have him on my fantasy team for the whole season. Fuckin' christ!  >:(

But you know it's weird. It probably won't happen again (because Brad is now old and falling off), but everytime this happens, the second string QB somehow always turned out better than the first. The Vikes had Warren Moon back in the day. He got injured, then Brad Johnson came in and did a great job. The Vikes got rid of Warren and Brad became the guy. Then he got injured and Randall Cunningham came in and helped the Vikes to their best season since the 70s when they went to the Super Bowl. Maybe it's coincidence but it's just something I noticed.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 03:47:05 PM »
Fake!..if the vikes were 6-2 he'll be playing next week ;)

PLANT

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 03:58:14 PM »
^^Idiot^^

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2005, 04:17:39 PM »
yeah daunte and the vikings have been the biggest dissapointment in the nfl by far this season
espn picked them to win the superbowl

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 12:18:45 AM »
I thought the vikings were going to tank the season to get Reggie Bush RB from USC..

the viks have won 3 out of their last 4 games

ThatSICCNESS

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 09:46:32 PM »
Like it will make a difference for the vikings, they still suck, with or without Culpepper

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 10:24:04 PM »
they need an offensive line and a new coach