Author Topic: It is an embarassment that Britain didn't pass that terror bill  (Read 321 times)

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: It is an embarassment that Britain didn't pass that terror bill
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2005, 02:38:58 PM »

It's called democracy.

If it was true democracy the people will would have been followed and the law would have passed.

The "people's will", I wasn't aware the public were consulted on the matter.

If this law was passed how long would it be before the government decided that the police could hold anybody for 90 days.

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2005, 02:59:41 PM »

what a retard..

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2005, 03:02:57 PM »

what a retard..

Who are you talking about? prominent?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2005, 03:38:47 PM »

edit: i do agree with what the article was saying about the bbc this time they were not putting across a representitive view they just interview loads of people against the bill and hardly anyone in favour of it, they did the same with the comments on their website i'm not happy they have been trying to distort what the nations view is, they are usually very good at being unbiased but in this case i think the editors have done to much selective publishing.

Overseer is definitely in denial if he thinks the BBC isn't left wing. It is not his fault though, he just hasn't been exposed to different media sources. I personally read the BBC's website everyday and I am usually disgusted by the blatant anti-American, anti-Israeli, anti-west coverage. Do we even need to mention the scandal from a few years back when the heads of BBC were forced to step down because of biased coverage?
i'm sorry but i have to say their reporting of stories is not biased at all, but in this case they did some selective editing of opinions published and don't confuse reporting the news which doesn't paint america in a good light with america bashing because they don't use editorial views unless clearly stated like the simpson's view articles, the america bashin published on the site comes from visitors who post from all over the world, which is also clearly stated.

when they governers were forced to step down it was a bit of a hypocracy because the reported dr david kelly saying the government had lied, governemnt got upset, and what the bbc said was later proved to be true....
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 03:41:55 PM by Don Rizzle »

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Seer