Author Topic: why does kanye get hated on so much ?  (Read 338 times)

coola

why does kanye get hated on so much ?
« on: November 15, 2005, 08:54:08 AM »
the man is the talent... he's coming out with the best shit right now, he's on top of the game... he doesnt rap violence, he keeps it real... so why the hate ?

ABN

Re: why does kanye get hated on so much ?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 09:05:59 AM »
i donīt think a lot of people dislike Kanye coz of his music, i think it has to do with his persona. in every other interview/article he comes off as an arrogant asshole and thatīs why a lot of people dislike him. i donīt give a shit but Kanye does make himself out to be a lot better then he actually is and that rubs some peeps the wrong way.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 12:40:26 PM »
i dont like this kind of rap, i like the agressive kind of rap, with a heavy bass and a gangsta ass beat with some agressive lyrics and a dope ass flow. nerdish rap is not for me, maybe my mama would like this, i mean, the dude made the front page of times, i think that the peoples who bought his cd are non hip hop peoples, he is more appealing to them, like eminem did the real slim shady.

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 12:59:50 PM »
he had like 1 or 2 listenable songs and the rest is fucking bullshit, that style is so wack

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 01:48:54 PM »
i donīt think a lot of people dislike Kanye coz of his music, i think it has to do with his persona. in every other interview/article he comes off as an arrogant asshole and thatīs why a lot of people dislike him. i donīt give a shit but Kanye does make himself out to be a lot better then he actually is and that rubs some peeps the wrong way.

exactly - arrogant asshole.  great producer but arrogant asshole
NO MORE WAR

J Bananas

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 02:23:04 PM »
ya he doesnt talk abotu all the usual stuff but it's not like he's above it. he lets everyone know how special he is, kangay west.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 02:32:18 PM »
hes arogant as hell, but that doesnt bother me, to me its just music, it bothers me that he does use classic old songs and speeds them up and ruins the whole song, but he drops heat,

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 02:51:16 PM »
i dont like this kind of rap, i like the agressive kind of rap, with a heavy bass and a gangsta ass beat with some agressive lyrics and a dope ass flow. nerdish rap is not for me, maybe my mama would like this, i mean, the dude made the front page of times, i think that the peoples who bought his cd are non hip hop peoples, he is more appealing to them, like eminem did the real slim shady.

welll if listening to music with meaning and some kind of subject matter is nerdish, then damn im a fuckin nerd...cos Kanye is one of the only ones out right now in the mainstream getting away with releasing quality music with real depth and meaning and still making a success of it...so what if he loves himself, i prefer to judge his music on how it sounds rather than how he publicises himself...its a shame there arent more people like him in hip hop right now...maybe then we wouldnt be plagued with so much bullshit material being released...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

IzUwitIt

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 02:54:24 PM »
coz hes a samplewhore

never liked his music or productions.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2005, 03:13:47 PM »

it's his fucking attitude that gets me. don't get me wrong, i bump his shit all the time, i just can't take that fucking attitude.

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2005, 03:50:45 PM »
he's dope, and even his attitude (most of the time) is a refreshing change from the usual bullshit i see (usually on TV).

J Bananas

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2005, 03:57:23 PM »
plus his music really isnt that deep at all, no real insights into anything he just uses hot words occasionally to make us think he's rapping about something important.

The Watcher

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2005, 04:39:08 PM »
it's his fucking attitude that gets me. don't get me wrong, i bump his shit all the time, i just can't take that fucking attitude.
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Eihtball

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2005, 05:34:34 PM »
I agree with the people who say he's too arrogant, but I don't really hate him for that reason.  Good music is good music, and besides, hip-hop is a genre that encourages egotism, anyway.  If I hated on every rapper with a major ego, I wouldn't be listening to half of what comes out.

Gee, pardon us for being intelligent and able to appreciate music that's actually got substance, instead of just attitude.  If I'm a nerd because I like his type of music, so be it.

See, stupid white kid like you who only buy albums cuz they're "gangsta" are the reason why hip-hop is so fucked up today.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2005, 05:59:42 PM »
like i said before, i respect kanye for not following trends and steppin out and makin his own kinda music. but he gets too much credit as a prodcuer (has he even made a beat without a sample?). and plus...

it has to do with his persona. in every other interview/article he comes off as an arrogant asshole and thatīs why a lot of people dislike him. Kanye does make himself out to be a lot better then he actually is and that rubs some peeps the wrong way.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"