Author Topic: What's Up With The Gas Prices?  (Read 293 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: What's Up With The Gas Prices?
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2005, 09:02:25 AM »
I was just commenting on the gas prices being erratic for a period of 2 months.  Where did I say that I thought the people are the ones getting profit?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2005, 09:03:24 AM »
Nowhere, but I can still post it now can't I?  8)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2005, 09:04:25 AM »
lol i see. 

mauzip

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2005, 09:04:34 AM »
I agree with 7even in this case, but I do understand the Americans. If you always paid a certain amount of money for something and the prices increase dramatically all of a sudden... :-\ I buy gum every day. If the price of a pack of gum would increase from €0.85 to €1.50, I'd be pissed off too.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2005, 11:50:13 PM »
Seeing as us Americans are spoiled in terms of gas prices, I probably shouldn't tell you guys gas is now down to $1.97 a gallon here.  ;D

Hopefully it won't matter in 5-10 years as more and more consumers switch to electric or ultimately hydrogen.

Sikotic™

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2005, 11:54:14 PM »
Seeing as us Americans are spoiled in terms of gas prices, I probably shouldn't tell you guys gas is now down to $1.97 a gallon here.  ;D

Hopefully it won't matter in 5-10 years as more and more consumers switch to electric or ultimately hydrogen.

WTF, lucky mofo. It's still about $2.50 around here.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

WestCoasta

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2005, 12:05:49 AM »
damn in West Los Los I think it's more than $2.50

Don Seer

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2005, 01:06:24 AM »
7even shut up.  the reason US prices are cheaper is because the US has some of its own supplies.. plus they take less tax than european govt's do. in answer to this europe is talking to russia which is scaring the americans who have money invested in saudi oil, and saudi's themselves.

anyways.. back to the main point. i want to add that the prices over here have been rising and falling in exactly the same way they have in the states too in relation to the norm. (see what don rizzle said)

At the moment they've dropped about 12p (about 25 cents) from the panic situation a few months ago.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2005, 09:55:58 AM »
^^^ we actually pay pretty much the same for petrol here in the uk compared to america the only difference in price is caused by the hugely different levels of tax

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Seer

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2005, 10:08:38 AM »
ug yeah i said they pay less tax.. so yeah i'm talking about end user prices :)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2005, 02:57:14 PM »

WTF, lucky mofo. It's still about $2.50 around here.

It's those damn treehuggers.  >:(

I don't expect the prices to get any lower. It'll probably start to steadily increase from now on. If the government took away just 5% of a wildlife refuge in Alaska, we'd probably see gas prices go down another $0.20 for a few more years. It's not like the animals wouldn't still have another few hundred square miles left.