Author Topic: Does violence in media attract the mentally unstable?  (Read 205 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Does violence in media attract the mentally unstable?
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2005, 01:25:10 PM »
It's more about the person's environment IMO
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J Bananas

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2005, 01:25:29 PM »
So remember, kids: Next time you complain about how Snoop Dogg or 50 Cent is "too R&B", think about what you're revealing about yourself when you say that.

My whole thread summed up right there

Eihtball

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2005, 01:32:20 PM »
My whole thread summed up right there

Not quite.  I still believe environment is an overwhelmingly important factor, and besides, "violent tendencies" don't necesarily translate to violent actions.  Lots of kids growing up feel anger at the world for whatever reasons (assholes at school, teachers, parents, whatever), but if you live in a place where you're surrounded by violence and only know that as the way to solve matters, you'll be more inclined to act violently.  The simple fact is, suburban kids may be fucking up hip-hop by only buying the thug-rap albums, but there's no epidemic of gang violence in the suburbs.  That's because it's a different kind of environment (racists, of course, would just argue that niggers are naturally inferior and savage and thus inclined towards violence).

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2005, 03:13:18 PM »
Kids in the 50's used to play cops and robbers and watch the Lone Ranger and John Wayne and all that shit, and most of them turned out alright.  I guess it wasn't as bad, though.  It's a hard subject. 

AndrE16686

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2005, 08:01:57 PM »
I gots friends who live out in the burbs and 6 years later they still smoke too much weed and are too obsessed wit hiphop and gangsterism. Wen I started going to an inner city college I noticed my new friends thought getting totally drugged out was kinda wack and perpetrating was wanky. They had family who've died from overdoses and shit and knew real Gz weren't so arrogant. So yeah I think if u live a sheltered live u wanna explore whatchu don't know cus life is all about gaining life experience.

NADYA_IS_BACK

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2005, 06:24:06 PM »
I did a search with my name on it and i came across suculent tits, what the fuck is goin on !

coola

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2005, 06:49:08 PM »
I did a search with my name on it and i came across suculent tits, what the fuck is goin on !

ohhh nothing  :whistle: