Author Topic: Odom might go back to the wing  (Read 1631 times)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Odom might go back to the wing
« on: November 17, 2005, 04:35:07 PM »
From the day he came back as Lakers coach in June, Phil Jackson talked about playing forward Lamar Odom in the backcourt, reprising the role Scottie Pippen once played for Jackson's championship Chicago Bulls teams in the 1990s.
Jackson then took things a step further for training camp, flying Pippen to Hawaii for two weeks to serve as Odom's tutor in the triangle offense.

Yet only eight games into the season, Jackson said Wednesday he has considered moving Odom out of the backcourt and might make the change during this homestand. The Lakers sputtered on offense at the end of their recent road trip.

"If he does, I don't feel like I lost," Odom said. "I don't feel like I did a bad job or anything like that. It's just what it is.

"You've got to change your game according to your team, sacrificing for your team. If he puts me back to the wing, it makes no difference. I'll still rebound, push it out."

The question of where to play the 6-foot-10 Odom has long posed a quandary for coaches. Jackson could shift Odom to the wing, a move that would require Kobe Bryant to return to the backcourt. Bryant entered Tuesday averaging 29.9 points at the wing.

"Whatever's best for the team, that's the most important thing," Bryant said. "And if Phil and (consultant Tex Winter) feel like making a change would be better for us as a whole, that's what we will do."

Jackson also could move Odom to power forward, a position that would require him to bang with the likes of Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan nightly in the Western Conference.

What that would mean for Kwame Brown or Chris Mihm remains to be seen. The Lakers also would have to find somebody to play in the backcourt if they don't want to move Bryant from wing, possibly Laron Profit or Luke Walton.

Jackson was asked if 12 games into the season was too soon to give up on the Odom experiment. He noted Odom will have played about 20 games by then, counting exhibitions, and that he always has planned to evaluate the entire team around Thanksgiving.

"We don't want to get entrenched in that, so we may make some changes," Jackson said.

Odom is averaging 14.6 points, 9.7 rebounds and 5 assists but is shooting only 39.8 percent, with nearly a third of his shots coming from 3-point range. By moving inside, Odom would start closer to the basket and could use his passing skills from the post.

"It's so crazy because a lot of these positions in the triangle are interchangeable," Odom said. "So maybe they might want to put me to the wing or just to put the ball in the hole a little bit more. I don't know what the thought process is with it."

Injury report: Forward Slava Medvedenko will miss approximately six weeks due to a herniated disc, the team announced, which leaves the Lakers with only four healthy big men in addition to Odom. Medvedenko suffered the injury last week.

Jackson said Devean George would play some at power forward in a small lineup and teenage center Andrew Bynum also could get more minutes.

Meanwhile, Walton, who suffered a hip flexor injury while rehabbing from his torn hamstring, said he would like to play Sunday against Chicago.

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_3225443

Larry the Jew

• Lil Geezy
  • Super Jew
Re: Odom might go back to the wing
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 04:39:35 PM »
One time, i was driving through Richmond, which is where Master P is from, and as I was situated at a stop light, a homeles man ran up to my window screaming "hootie hoo!". I was shooken up.
Larry Goldsteinberg, attorney of law, at your service...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 04:39:50 PM »
That was actually just a suggestion Tex Winter had...It's not gunna happen now, if it ever does. Lamar prefers handeling the ball.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 04:41:36 PM »
If Lamar Was any good the Lakers would have a better record.. the Lakers only avg 74 PPG the Last 3 road games :grumpy:..Lamar doesn't help kobe,that's the bottom line,he doesn't help'em out..

Larry the Jew

• Lil Geezy
  • Super Jew
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 04:44:04 PM »
excuse me, lakers run dubcc sports section, I think you missed my story, it was a comical anticdote about the city where master P hails from, I think you would be quite interested

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 04:47:43 PM »
excuse me, lakers run dubcc sports section, I think you missed my story, it was a comical anticdote about the city where master P hails from, I think you would be quite interested

Lakers run"L.A." ...get it right jewfag ;D

Larry the Jew

• Lil Geezy
  • Super Jew
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 04:50:18 PM »
hey theres no need for hostile words, "fag" can really upset a lot of people. You'd think someone from a city as gay as Los Angeles would know that. I'll let it slide this time though.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 04:56:29 PM »
If Lamar Was any good the Lakers would have a better record.. the Lakers only avg 74 PPG the Last 3 road games :grumpy:..Lamar doesn't help kobe,that's the bottom line,he doesn't help'em out..

LMAO...Another hater claiming to be a Laker fan. Lamar has been playing his role great, pulling in stats across the board every night. Larry Brown went as far as calling him one of the best players in the league after the Knick loss last night...Get your head out your ass and make some logical statements.

PLANT

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 05:05:32 PM »

Its a 2 way street buddy, Kobe helps Lamar, and Lamar helps Kobe....... Dont act like its Lamars fault they had 74ppg and lost those games

Lamar doesnt need to help Kobe score 35 while the Lakers lose.  Kobe needs to help Lamar and the rest of the team win. 

BTW, Lamar Odom is the shit.  Hes one of my fav players, very versatile and underrated IMO....He was the best player on the US team
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 05:07:58 PM by PLANT »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 05:06:54 PM »

Its a 2 way street buddy, Kobe helps Lamar, and Lamar helps Kobe.......Not Lamar doesnt help Kobe.  Lamar doesnt need to help Kobe score 35 while the Lakers lose.  Kobe needs to help Lamar and the rest of the team win.

...which he's done, excluding the 3 game slump.

PLANT

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 05:09:32 PM »

Its a 2 way street buddy, Kobe helps Lamar, and Lamar helps Kobe.......Not Lamar doesnt help Kobe.  Lamar doesnt need to help Kobe score 35 while the Lakers lose.  Kobe needs to help Lamar and the rest of the team win.

...which he's done, excluding the 3 game slump.
Im not saying he hasn't, Im tryin to say thats what they need to do to win games.........But when they lose, people shouldnt act like it's Lamars fault for not "helping Kobe"

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 05:11:04 PM »

LMAO...Another hater claiming to be a Laker fan. Lamar has been playing his role great, pulling in stats across the board every night. Larry Brown went as far as calling him one of the best players in the league after the Knick loss last night...Get your head out your ass and make some logical statements.

man,shut the fuck up, you're pathetic...turn on your radio and put t on 1540 am ..i'm not the only one saying this

why did the Lakers avg 74 ppg the Last 3 road games? b/c of Lamar!!  did kobe score 15 points when shaq was here? no!  he avg 26 ppg from 1999-2004

and 1 more thing..if i criticize a player on the Lakers i'm a hater and a fake Laker fan? ::) you're a fucking moron...i guess i'm hater b/c i want the Lakers to win..their's a reason we're 4-4 and set records for least points scored the last 3 road games

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005, 05:17:17 PM »

Its a 2 way street buddy, Kobe helps Lamar, and Lamar helps Kobe....... Dont act like its Lamars fault they had 74ppg and lost those games

Lamar doesnt need to help Kobe score 35 while the Lakers lose.  Kobe needs to help Lamar and the rest of the team win. 

BTW, Lamar Odom is the shit.  Hes one of my fav players, very versatile and underrated IMO....He was the best player on the US team

shut the fuck up!..your raptors are 0-8 ;D

and kobe gets a pass b/c he comes to play every night and brought 3 championships to L.A.  ...when shaq was here kobe  avg 26 ppg and had damn near 30+ 40 point games and that wasn't b/c of shaq..that was b/c kobe is that talented and could do that shit by himself something i have yet to see from Lamar...and how many all-star games has Lamar being to? oh yeah,0...

i know you think Lamar "is the shit" but that's b/c you're a raptors fan,you've seen nothing but crappy players your whole pathetic life.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2005, 05:22:00 PM »

man,shut the fuck up, you're pathetic...turn on your radio and put t on 1540 am ..i'm not the only one saying this

why did the Lakers avg 74 ppg the Last 3 road games? b/c of Lamar!!  did kobe score 15 points when shaq was here? no!  he avg 26 ppg from 1999-2004

and 1 more thing..if i criticize a player on the Lakers i'm a hater and a fake Laker fan? ::) you're a fucking moron...i guess i'm hater b/c i want the Lakers to win..their's a reason we're 4-4 and set records for least points scored the last 3 road games

You moron, Lamar held his in the Lakers last 3 losses, he was FAR from being the problem.

LMAO@this fanboy who thinks everything he hears on the radio is holy. You piece of shit, I don't care what morons on the radio say, I'll shit on all of them. Lamar Odom is doing more than good..."Trade for Marbury"...LMAO.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005, 05:22:53 PM »

shut the fuck up!..your raptors are 0-8 ;D

and kobe gets a pass b/c he comes to play every night and brought 3 championships to L.A.  ...when shaq was here kobe  avg 26 ppg and had damn near 30+ 40 point games and that wasn't b/c of shaq..that was b/c kobe is that talented and could do that shit by himself something i have yet to see from Lamar...and how many all-star games has Lamar being to? oh yeah,0...

i know you think Lamar "is the shit" but that's b/c you're a raptors fan,you've seen nothing but crappy players your whole pathetic life.

I have more respect for Plant than I do for you, and he's a Laker hater...