Author Topic: OVERSEER - PLEASE READ(bigjakedoggydogg)  (Read 1525 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: OVERSEER - PLEASE READ(bigjakedoggydogg)
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2002, 02:05:47 PM »
i'm not rubbing anything or forcing anything down anyone's throat...i even said that

i said something

someone didn't argree with wwhat i had to say, and asked mewhere i was coming from with that and i told them

i did the same thing you woulda done if someone said 'the independent scene is gay'
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2002, 02:39:15 PM »
(in response to the last two posts.. about "knowing music")

and about my egotism,  don't you think you'd have some arrogance if you knew you knew more about music than other people,

I understand that statement, but let me turn it around for ya real quick.  

You guys (I Bo, Jake, etc) MAKE music with the hopes of making it big and thats dope.  But why would you be arrogant to the people who you hope would buy your music?  Are the people who buy the music (target market) anywhere near as knowledgable (about making music) as you guys or any producer for that matter?  No.  In other words, be more HUMBLE and listen to the people who dont know music like you do.  Their opinion is more important cuz they are buying the music.  

If you ask me, the majority of people who buy music, do it because it sounds good to them.  It gets no deeper then that.  RZA is dope.. but most people just want something that sounds good to them.  Liking RZA takes a really special person who digs deep into music.  Someone deep like I Bo.

Lets take RZA for example.  I think he is an amazing producer, but I dont really dig him.  I have been able to find the talent in his production because I have an EAR for music.  Im WAAAY deeper them most who buy music and I dont produce or know as much about it as you guys.

How can we expect the avarage person who buys music to dig deep enough into a producer like RZA to figure out why hes dope?  I have ALL Wu Tang joints (even Wu affiliates.. tons of shit) and I just had to keep buyin them cuz I knew one day, my EAR would find it.  I knew Id find what makes RZA dope to people like I Bo.  I have done that and still determine that hes not my style.  Most people who buy music wont go through this in order to dig music.  Thats just an example.    

The point Im making guys.. is that all the talk about who knows more about production is pointless when the target market is made up of people who know nothing about making music.  They just want what sounds good to them.  Get it???

Lets all drop the ego and be humble.  

Axle
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Tha_Chozen_1

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2002, 03:07:13 PM »
Axle, that was beautiful. :)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2002, 03:35:55 PM »
i can agree about the ego , my whole point is, it's only natural, but i guess i need to cut it

but about the other thing

i'm not saying RZA sucks, i'm just saying it's overrated to call him one of the best producers, when the fact of the matter is there's alot of producers who put more effort and production into their stuff

i think what most people are getting confused here about is, the word overrated, thinking it means, they suck or don't make good music, i'm not saying that. i'm saying it's not right and big injustice to say they're the best at what they do, that's such a blindstatement, that's like saying 2pac is the best MC....which he's not, he's the best raper yeah, but theres a BIG diference between the 2, just like theres a big difference between a dj and a producer......

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Jome

« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2002, 03:41:02 PM »
...which he's not, he's the best raper yeah,

ROFL

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2002, 03:54:34 PM »

and about my egotism,  don't you think you'd have some arrogance if you knew you knew more about music than other people, hell that's why tanjint stopped posting here because he was growing musically and was sick of hearig about snoop dogg....maybe i need to put that in check then, oh well

maby u should follow tanjint's steps

u said that u know what it takes to make a good beat... my point is that if you cant prove it, u should shut the fuck up....

calling people uneducated is a diss, even if you says later thats you're not attempting to...

maby AxleF is right.. maby some peeps cant just cee the talent RZA have....

Suga Foot

« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2002, 04:47:11 PM »
I've sat in on studio sessions before, I've seen first hand how music is made.  I've even got to help produce songs before.  The producers that I was sitting in with made music in 100's of different ways.  They didn't have one set way to do it.  They could make a good song in 10 minutes, or in 10 hours.  What I'm tryin to say is, who cares how the music is made?  I can see Jakes's argument if we were talking about making Rock music or something, but this is hip hop.  If the RZA farted into a mic, and made a hot beat out of it, who cares?

Music is art.  There is no formula to making art.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2002, 08:52:36 PM »
Damn, this shit is crazy. I guess I stand in the middle here. I dont condone what BigJake did in the Illmatic/36 Chambers thread, but I dont think he should have his mod position taken away either. Jake, you know me and your are cool with one another, and I consider you one of the more intelligent heads on here, but sometimes you do come off a little arrogant, lol. Sometimes I do also, but you gotta chill with it a bit. Not everyone is gonna have the same opinion. I know Minority can be a pain [I found that out when ME, Doggystylin, and 7th took him to school in the E.1999 Eternal argument], but just ignore him when he does that. You know its a no win situation. However, its Overseer's board, so.............

P.S. When is Incognito gonna update?? I sent my Liquid Swords review in like a week ago.

Peace
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Antonio

« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2002, 11:31:36 PM »
...hmmmm think about that overseer....think back to what, 3 months ago when you banned Antonio when he dissed you (same exact situation i do believe). so i don't see the difference here overseer

No it's not the same. I had a bad reaction with Overseer cause i felt like he was dissing italians in one of his post (and he did it), but then we talked again in the DPG board and he wasnt trying to really diss italians, so he invited me back in this board. And i accepted it, and now it's all cool with him. Mine was a "personal" thing, not a "musical" thing. But it's ok.

About what u said.. i dont know about the reactions guys are having about your posts, dissing you. Well.. i'm in the same situation. You know.. Myrealname (and all his alter egos nicknames) is dissing me with no reasons in this board. Even in his sig. When i never really dissed him (but Snoop Dogg. I dunno if they are the same person!!!). You know what? Just let that shit go, dont reply. A man who diss another one (expecially with no reasons) is just a fool in my eyes. Not a Gangsta or something like that. This shit is ridiculous. Post your comments and news, and care about them. If some1 diss you, dont reply. Fuck him. Ignore him. CARE ABOUT THE TOPIC! Ok? I know it's not nice, but it's the best thing, since Overseer cant really ban people (see myrealname).

Don Seer

« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2002, 12:49:57 AM »
...hmmmm think about that overseer....think back to what, 3 months ago when you banned Antonio when he dissed you (same exact situation i do believe). so i don't see the difference here overseer

There is a big difference, to paraphrase you...

(bigjake emulation mode on)

YOU are ignorant to the facts
1) I was never involved in either discussion.
2) I wasn't dissed in this discussion.
3) When Antonio was banned it wasn't an argument over something, I was trying to resolve the fighting between him and myrealname.

Obviously its plain to anyone who followed it closely at the time., and IF you can read like me - which I'm obviously better at because I've done english classes and I live in england so my english has GOT to be better. Oh and i'm older so of course I know best.

bah.. why do i even bother  wasting my time on you ignorant uneducated peons.

(bigjake emulation mode off)

since Overseer cant really ban people (see myrealname).

not anymore  ;)
I've taken steps to make this more difficult.
I have what seems to be a pretty effective system going now.
He will be able to get back on if he works out a way around it... I think he has, but I can still spot him easily. I think he might have got the message.

techniec

« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2002, 01:45:51 AM »

dude all i got to say is look at most of the post against me and tech

you'll see this:

tech: your a bitch your a foool your brain washed , fuck fuck fck shit shit shit cnn horse shit nazi ...

me:dude tech shut up, quit being so bulligerant and immature with all that name calling, act like an adult

i've been doing that ALOT recently, playing the bigger man read just about any recent debate with me in it and you'll see what i mean

the only reason i went off on you in those posts, were cuz u were bringing up my old threads like a bitch in some sort of vain attempt to diss me, dont front punk

techniec

« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2002, 01:49:32 AM »

There is a big difference, to paraphrase you...

(bigjake emulation mode on)

YOU are ignorant to the facts
1) I was never involved in either discussion.
2) I wasn't dissed in this discussion.
3) When Antonio was banned it wasn't an argument over something, I was trying to resolve the fighting between him and myrealname.

Obviously its plain to anyone who followed it closely at the time., and IF you can read like me - which I'm obviously better at because I've done english classes and I live in england so my english has GOT to be better. Oh and i'm older so of course I know best.

bah.. why do i even bother  wasting my time on you ignorant uneducated peons.

(bigjake emulation mode off)

not anymore  ;)
I've taken steps to make this more difficult.
I have what seems to be a pretty effective system going now.
He will be able to get back on if he works out a way around it... I think he has, but I can still spot him easily. I think he might have got the message.

LOL

min0rity

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2002, 11:49:21 AM »
first of all bigfakedoggydogg....i NEVER got banned from this board ever (ask overseer) i accidentally deleted my own account before but never banned

and don't try to push off what you did...you blantly said what you said to get your mod position taken away...shit you should be lucky you even had all those chances cuz this ain't the first time you did this i mean i remember when i was a mod..i got my position taken away on one mistake......so fuck off....

and gayrazor....like i've told you before when you learn there's hip-hop OUTSIDE of bone THEN you come talk to me otherwise stop being fake and act like you know hip-hop when you got bone's dick all in your mouth....you schooled me on the bone thread?????....LMAO!!!! sure internet tuff guy... ::)

you did a liquid sword review???? LMAO!!!!! ::)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2002, 02:11:42 PM »
first of all bigfakedoggydogg....i NEVER got banned from this board ever (ask overseer) i accidentally deleted my own account before but never banned

and don't try to push off what you did...you blantly said what you said to get your mod position taken away...shit you should be lucky you even had all those chances cuz this ain't the first time you did this i mean i remember when i was a mod..i got my position taken away on one mistake......so fuck off....

and gayrazor....like i've told you before when you learn there's hip-hop OUTSIDE of bone THEN you come talk to me otherwise stop being fake and act like you know hip-hop when you got bone's dick all in your mouth....you schooled me on the bone thread?????....LMAO!!!! sure internet tuff guy... ::)

you did a liquid sword review???? LMAO!!!!! ::)

That "gayrazor" think is getting pretty old, dont you think?? Anyway, yes, I DID school you in the Eternal arguement, and everyone on this board knows it. I dont know hiphop outside of Bone?? ROFLMAO at you. Bone aint even my fav group/artist kid, I just know good music when I hear it. You put your foot in your mouth every time you post. Damn, now I see why Jake went off on your sorry ass. Punkass bastard.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Don Seer

« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2002, 05:23:33 AM »

yuppppp