Author Topic: So Another Ramadaan Is Gone...  (Read 209 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
So Another Ramadaan Is Gone...
« on: November 16, 2005, 05:54:43 PM »
The Islamic year spins faster than the sun: and another Ramadaan is history.  It will be missed, I'm sad to see it pass.  I had an oppurtunity to spend the first 10 days of Ramaddaan traveling with the Tabligh and making itikaf (overnight isolation) in masjids throughout Chicago.  And had it not been for a death in my family I would have been out there for the last ten days as well.  In the last ten days of Ramadaan there is a night that is more special than a thousand nights, it's called Laylutul Qadr, or the Night of Power.  Any worship and good you extend on that day is multiplied a thousand times.  The ecstasy of Ramadaan surpasses all conventions, and for a month the days are like nights, and the nights are like days.   
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: So Another Ramadaan Is Gone...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 06:01:55 PM »
Props Man but Laylutu---means Night of and Qadr means Destiny or amount but in Laylutu al qadr i guess it means Destiny
United Arab States

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 07:08:23 PM »
Props Man but Laylutu---means Night of and Qadr means Destiny or amount but in Laylutu al qadr i guess it means Destiny

In Surah 97 of the Holy Qu'ran, Yusuf Ali translates this Surah Al-Qadr to mean, "The Night of Power".   Yusuf Ali is probably the most popular translation of the Qu'ran. 

Also, if you read in Abdullah Abbass Al-Nadwi's Vocabulary of the Holy Qu'ran he offers "power" as a possible translation for Qadr, along with "measure" and "destiny" as you have said.  Many times you will not find just one English word as an equal for an Arabic word contained in the Qu'ran.

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 07:21:26 PM »
cool man,my bad.not sure if u know this but as every middle east country,has different slangs of arabic and words,so arabic we speak in egypt is different than the arabic they speak in the gulf.i think the egyption arabic is most corrupt i mean in using slangs which differ than quran.the arbic of quran is called arabi fossah.sorry i might have been wrong in that case.
United Arab States

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 07:51:40 PM »
cool man,my bad.not sure if u know this but as every middle east country,has different slangs of arabic and words,so arabic we speak in egypt is different than the arabic they speak in the gulf.i think the egyption arabic is most corrupt i mean in using slangs which differ than quran.the arbic of quran is called arabi fossah.sorry i might have been wrong in that case.

Allahu Allum.  Assalamulaikum wa rahmatullula wa barakatu.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 06:48:13 AM »
how much weight have you lost
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 08:47:03 AM »
u mean in ramadan,u gain wieght in ramadan coz after ur break ur fast,u will stuff ur self with meats,chicken,soups,salads,kabab,rice,bread theneat a big ass plate of sweats.so by the end of ramadan u gain or than u lose,
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 08:54:11 AM by Ahmed Kassem »
United Arab States

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 07:34:57 PM »
I didn't wiegh myself but I know I lost a considerable amount of wieght. 

It's better for the Muslim to eat a small meal to break his fast, because to fast during the day only to stuff oneself in the night, means that you miss out on a considerable amount of the benefits of Ramadaan.  Allah teaches us in the Qu'ran that one of the main purposes of Ramadaan is to learn self-restraint, so it defeats much of the purpose to stuff oneself at night.  Ramadaan is the time to learn sympathy for those who have to go without food, and it is a time to develop patience, piety, and appreciation for simplicity.  This is how Muhammad and the Prophets (pbut) of the past understood and practiced the fast.

It's understandable that some Muslims, out of weakness towards their own wordly desires, will stuff themselves at night in order to ease the struggle during the day.  It's a test on our sincerity of intention, and if our sincerity of intention is at a high level, then the small struggle we encounter through roughly 12 hours of fasting during the daylight hours, is a small price to pay to recieve the mercy of Allah, have your sins forgiven, and earn protection from Allah's punishment. 

WestCoasta

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 07:38:42 PM »
you talkin about those noodles from Nissin Foods?