Author Topic: finally bought illmatic  (Read 409 times)

smp4life

Re: finally bought illmatic
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2005, 03:41:58 PM »
I am a Nas fan, but I admit that Illmatic is the only album I didn't like. Of course I only listened to it once. Sounds like it is an acquired taste.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2005, 03:50:32 PM »
i've had it since like 95'

i didn't like it at first ,but over time it grows on you, my only complaint about it is the production is very dated

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Paul

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2005, 03:52:38 PM »

my only complaint about it is the production is very dated

wot u mean?
funkyfreshintheflesh

Don Breezio

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2005, 03:54:36 PM »

i didn't like it at first ,but over time it grows on you, my only complaint about it is the production is very dated

umm...im not tryin to start shit...i just wanted you to know...that what you just said was maybe the stupidest fucking thing i've read in the last year....of course its outdated...the album is 12 years old!

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2005, 04:09:59 PM »
Shit, i bump the entire album at least once a month.  I'm gonna buy the 10 year anniversary edition because it is remastered and sounds much better. The lyrics and production on this album are about as close to perfect as you can get. 

Don Breezio

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2005, 04:12:17 PM »
^^^ yeah i got the 10th anniversary...it sounds a little better. I sadly never ever listen to the 2nd disc...i think i listened to it like once...i'm just not a big remix person...its cool when you hear remixes of new songs...but i don't wanna hear remixes of classics

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2005, 04:16:20 PM »
^^^ yeah i got the 10th anniversary...it sounds a little better. I sadly never ever listen to the 2nd disc...i think i listened to it like once...i'm just not a big remix person...its cool when you hear remixes of new songs...but i don't wanna hear remixes of classics

But the 2nd disc also has some unreleased tracks right?  I feel you on the remix thing.  These remixes aren't that bad - you shouldn't try to compare them to the original beat, or else you'll never like them. 

Don Breezio

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2005, 04:17:57 PM »
yeah the 2nd disc has star wars and on the real...which are both cool songs...im glad they weren't on the first disc but definitely worth having. you should definitely pick up the anniversary edition

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2005, 05:13:00 PM »

umm...im not tryin to start shit...i just wanted you to know...that what you just said was maybe the stupidest fucking thing i've read in the last year....of course its outdated...the album is 12 years old!

lmao
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

We Fly High

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2005, 05:19:08 PM »
I am a Nas fan, but I admit that Illmatic is the only album I didn't like. Of course I only listened to it once. Sounds like it is an acquired taste.

only once? come on man. pop that shit back into the deck.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2005, 06:01:26 PM »
I finnaly bought this and 36 Chambers in Febuary and I fell in love with Nas, Wu-Tang, and basiaclly Eastcoast rap....

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2005, 06:51:51 PM »
Sorry, someone gotta say it, but illmatic is definitely overrated. It is NOT the greatest album EVER made!!!

j/k ;D My fav. second album of all time...
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2005, 09:24:56 PM »

only once? come on man. pop that shit back into the deck.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2005, 09:44:32 PM »
yeah, i had illmatic for a couple of years, didnt find it hard to get into, i fell in love with it at the first listen. But it gets better every time i listen to it, juste like ready to die and wu tang. i dont really dig reasonnable doubt though, dont know why, some songs are tight. An other great album to me is me against the world, its my personnal favorite of all time.

J Bananas

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2005, 09:48:35 PM »

yeah you better play that shit again and again, dont be a simp for life