Poll

White people or Rap music?

White people
10 (43.5%)
Rap music
13 (56.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: What kills more black people?  (Read 881 times)

BizzyR.I.P.

Re: What kills more black people?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2005, 01:28:33 PM »
It is always white people's fault, isn't it?
which is why I suspect you're the type of white kid who likes gangsta rap because it allows you to justify your perceptions of blacks as lazy good-for-nothings who deserve the lack of respect they receive in this country.
That' 100% accurate.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2005, 01:39:54 PM »
That would be oversimplifying things a bit, but I will say that in general, yeah, the ball is in the white man's court for this country's direction. 

why blame "the white man" when the white men with power continue to both deny that a problem exists and deny any culpability?  it's an exercise in futility.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Eihtball

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2005, 01:54:14 PM »
why blame "the white man" when the white men with power continue to both deny that a problem exists and deny any culpability?  it's an exercise in futility.

Which is why I never sat around waiting for Uncle Sam's help - I worked damn hard to come up.  Much as I wish things were different, I long ago learned that blaming the white folks is futile - if you're black, you're pretty much on your own, so you best get your act together and educate yourself.  On the other hand, I also haven't forgotten where I came from and how hard it was for me to get where I am, and I do think things need to change.  The way I see it, siding with whitey is as stupid as being "ghetto fabulous".
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 01:57:24 PM by Eihtball »

J Bananas

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2005, 02:31:46 PM »
That would be oversimplifying things a bit, but I will say that in general, yeah, the ball is in the white man's court for this country's direction.  What I've said is pretty much true...by and large, it is white suburban kids who buy gangsta rap albums and they determine the direction of the market.  If all the white kids who like 50 Cent and Snoop Dogg suddenly decided they only liked Common and The Roots, the labels would all be signing artists of their type.  But that's not going to happen - this is a country where violence, sex, guns, and conspicuous overconsumption are staples of the entertainment industry.  Which makes sense when you consider that that mentality has run deep in our capitalist culture (to say nothing of our gun culture).

And as I've told you before, you shouldn't even be listening to hip-hop.  A jingoistic right-winger liking music that typically aligns itself with leftism?  That's an immense contradiction - which is why I suspect you're the type of white kid who likes gangsta rap because it allows you to justify your perceptions of blacks as lazy good-for-nothings who deserve the lack of respect they receive in this country.

You gotta be kidding me, i dont know one motherfucker in the hood who listens to the roots and atmosphere and all that shit, only white kids and uncle toms try n write off 50 cent fans as being primarily white, cuz they have no clue. ghetto black kids are the ones listening to 50 cent and snoop and r kelly and shit, the numbers are jsut smaller because they are a minority. stop trying to blame whitey for this, if you've been to the ghetto lately all u see is muthafuckas in big ass white tees bumpin jus a lil bit, white consumers buy everything, ghetto black kids stick to the degrading stupid shit, i thought u woulda known that since u black and had to come up and everything.

Sikotic™

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2005, 02:34:45 PM »
Only suburban house negros like myself listen to Atmosphere. I'm like a domesticated terrier while hood niggas are wolves.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2005, 02:54:44 PM »
That would be oversimplifying things a bit, but I will say that in general, yeah, the ball is in the white man's court for this country's direction.  What I've said is pretty much true...by and large, it is white suburban kids who buy gangsta rap albums and they determine the direction of the market.  If all the white kids who like 50 Cent and Snoop Dogg suddenly decided they only liked Common and The Roots, the labels would all be signing artists of their type.  But that's not going to happen - this is a country where violence, sex, guns, and conspicuous overconsumption are staples of the entertainment industry.  Which makes sense when you consider that that mentality has run deep in our capitalist culture (to say nothing of our gun culture).

What world are you living in, man? Black people are the ones who determine what is cool and set all the trends when it comes to rap music. As someone pointed out above, black people are the ones who make artists like 50 cent and Snoop Dogg popular. Once those artists get embraced by black people, then they crossover to white people. Go to any predominately black school in America and the kids there are listening to 50 cent or Young Jeezy, not Common or The Roots. Actually, those more Afrocentric artists have a bigger following among white people.

And as I've told you before, you shouldn't even be listening to hip-hop.  A jingoistic right-winger liking music that typically aligns itself with leftism?  That's an immense contradiction - which is why I suspect you're the type of white kid who likes gangsta rap because it allows you to justify your perceptions of blacks as lazy good-for-nothings who deserve the lack of respect they receive in this country.

Well I can't lie. You got me there.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 03:15:10 PM by Real American »

J Bananas

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2005, 03:06:13 PM »
well sikotic next years' racial draft we'll put in a good word for you :)

Sikotic™

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2005, 03:12:40 PM »
well sikotic next years' racial draft we'll put in a good word for you :)

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2005, 03:14:03 PM »

Which is why I never sat around waiting for Uncle Sam's help - I worked damn hard to come up.  Much as I wish things were different, I long ago learned that blaming the white folks is futile - if you're black, you're pretty much on your own, so you best get your act together and educate yourself.  On the other hand, I also haven't forgotten where I came from and how hard it was for me to get where I am, and I do think things need to change.  The way I see it, siding with whitey is as stupid as being "ghetto fabulous".

What exactly is so hard and difficult about your life? Someone up above mentioned that white people don't wanna be culpable for the problem.....what the hell problem are you guys talking about? You guys have a real victimhood mentality.

As for you not waiting for Uncle Sam's help, it is not the government's job to take care of you hand and foot . In a free and prosporous country like the US, everyone is responsible for themself, black or white. Whether you are successful or not depends on you and you alone.

Seriously, everyone wants to be a victim nowadays. I was watching that Russel Simmons Def Poetry show on HBO and damn near every poet was up there whining and crying about how unfair everything in life is and how oppressed they are. It was kind of comical but also a little bizarre. I am thinking Eihtball would fit right in with those clowns. Honestly, people like that don't know the first thing about being a victim or oppressed.  
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 03:17:22 PM by Real American »

J Bananas

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2005, 03:16:40 PM »
Real Polack, why do let it bother you so much? let them continue to flounder and fuck up until they learn. u dont gotta worry about shit, jus change the channel if u think its stupid.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2005, 03:18:52 PM »
it is not the government's job to take care of you hand and foot

What? Could you please restate that in English because I don't understand Polish. Please get the fuck out of my country if you don't wish to adapt. Fucking Polack.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2005, 03:36:33 PM »
Go to any predominately black school in America and the kids there are listening to 50 cent or Young Jeezy, not Common or The Roots. Actually, those more Afrocentric artists have a bigger following among white people.

that is also a misnomer.  you're half correct if you are talking about black high schools and junior high schools.  kids easily embrace gangsterism and bling.   at the same time, if you look at colleges and beyond that, the roots, common..etc are prevalent as well as the pop stuff.  the whole neo-soul movement in many ways was a reaction and rejection of the degeneration of hip hop and r&b.   try going to a snoop & dre concert sometime.  the chronic 2001 tour when they hit atlanta had to be like 90% caucasion.

Sikotic™

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2005, 03:39:36 PM »

Seriously, everyone wants to be a victim nowadays. I was watching that Russel Simmons Def Poetry show on HBO and damn near every poet was up there whining and crying about how unfair everything in life is and how oppressed they are. It was kind of comical but also a little bizarre.

Isn't that what all poets do?

THA SAUCE HOUSE

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2005, 03:46:51 PM »
What exactly is so hard and difficult about your life? Someone up above mentioned that white people don't wanna be culpable for the problem.....what the hell problem are you guys talking about? You guys have a real victimhood mentality.

another prime example of the denial.  i'm amused that you completely missed the gist of the exchange between myself and eihtball, which was basically "ignore the dogs, they are not interested in solving the problem as they are the problem"

As for you not waiting for Uncle Sam's help, it is not the government's job to take care of you hand and foot . In a free and prosporous country like the US, everyone is responsible for themself

the way americans look at their government is almost self-destructive.  supposedly it is the people that define the role of govt, however the people don't expect govt to make their lives easier.  the people seem content with a govt that only works to serve the rich and powerful in expanding their power and influence domestically and globally.  i'd say it's one of the reasons western culture is intrinsically flawed.

Honestly, people like that don't know the first thing about being a victim or oppressed.

you don't have to enslaved or rounded up into concentration camps to be a victim or oppressed

J Bananas

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2005, 03:49:49 PM »
try going to a snoop & dre concert sometime.  the chronic 2001 tour when they hit atlanta had to be like 90% caucasion.

why don't u take a good guess why? and it's not cuz white people love hip hop so much