Author Topic: Ras Kass: The King of the West?  (Read 707 times)

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ras Kass: The King of the West?
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2005, 11:07:14 AM »
I like and respect ras kass as mcs because he's a killer on mic, but i don't believe he'll be a westcoast hero.  Why?
What does he have that stands out from the rest besides having the mc skills?  To me, I see him as just another mc trying hard to blow up.  If the person is destined to be big, he doesn't need to stuggle to reach 
the goal.  He'll just naturally blow big.  For example, like yuk..i noticed how many projects he has done in the past..and it's lot.  Still, he ain't big.  So, basically, sells will come through as long as this unknown rappers have something that the rest of "falsely proclaimed" emcees don't.  That's just my opinion.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2005, 11:37:03 AM »
^Like thinking that Rassy has a chance of being the king of the west.lol ::)

ras kass is already the king of the west.  the only challengers to the throne at this point are yuk, and maybe crook.

people simply don't recognize this.  it's almost as if they can't see what's in front of their faces.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2005, 11:44:00 AM »
^Being a king is about recognition and impact, and ras doesn't have that. So neither can same leger without an album like crooked be the king no matter how good he is. Yuk is the only one who'd come close, but, well compared to the throneboys of the east he's still a joke, and not even a funny one at that. The west is lousy mayne
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Okka

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2005, 11:52:24 AM »
^Like thinking that Rassy has a chance of being the king of the west.lol ::)
ras kass is already the king of the west.  the only challengers to the throne at this point are yuk, and maybe crook.

:tosser:

Diggfinger

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2005, 12:40:52 PM »
I dont like Kass

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2005, 01:15:25 PM »
^Being a king is about recognition and impact, and ras doesn't have that.

i disagree.  being a king is a status, a state of being.  if the king walks past a crowd dressed in the clothing of a peasant, and the crowd mistakes this individual as another peasant and not as the king; does that mean the king is now a peasant.  analogously, ras kass is the king.  whether or not people recognize this and acknowledge this is a separate issue.

reeyotch

• 'G'
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2005, 04:35:26 PM »
nope, dre is king of the west.
Tupac's on the milkbox missin'

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2005, 05:12:20 PM »
^Being a king is about recognition and impact, and ras doesn't have that.

i disagree.  being a king is a status, a state of being.  if the king walks past a crowd dressed in the clothing of a peasant, and the crowd mistakes this individual as another peasant and not as the king; does that mean the king is now a peasant.  analogously, ras kass is the king.  whether or not people recognize this and acknowledge this is a separate issue.
If your not recognized or acknowledged as a king then your not one. Cause if you were, then anyone can say there king. Hell, I am King. :D

You need to be reognized outside your own coast to even be considered king of the west. Right know Kass ain't really got that.

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2005, 05:19:13 PM »
Q: Ras is the King of the West?
A: No.
For real, the guy had one good album (Rassasination) and besides, nobody wants to hear someone rap about the stars, the moon and the galaxy

You're forgettin Soul On Ice, classic album, but most wont feel the beats I know...
Really Soul On Ice is way better than Rasassination. I don't think he's king of the West but I think he's the West's best MC. The king of the West has been and in death still is 2Pac.

Realbiggsteele

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2005, 05:27:54 PM »
Aint no king of the west!

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2005, 06:01:06 PM »
Really Soul On Ice is way better than Rasassination. I don't think he's king of the West but I think he's the West's best MC. The king of the West has been and in death still is 2Pac.

rasassination was the better album.  better beats.  lyrically, ras allowed his content to dominate his flow on "soul on ice"; so the lyrics were a little sharper, a little more clever, but it didn't flow right.  you lose points for that.  on rasassination, ras paid more attention to his flow.  the lyrics are still sharp, but his flow matured.  thus the songs sounded better.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2005, 09:49:44 PM »
ras kass will never be and has never been the king of the west... imo.. i think its Dr.Dre....

southwest602

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2005, 02:01:26 AM »
Quote from: Juronimo is Public Enemy #1
(Ice Cube is the real King of the west and has been since when Amerikkka's Most dropped).
[quote

cube lost the king of the west title when did shit like direct that munudo video and "are we there yet?"

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2005, 01:40:30 PM »
go download "concieted bastard"  from ras kass right now.......

ras kass when it comes to spitting flames, nobody comin close to him on the west

east coast already know about ras from premo, to dj kay slay
the down south knows about ras kass to from jazze pha to luda

dude been in the game for awhile and every one in the industry respects him

hes one of Dre's top 5 mc's of all time.

ABN

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2005, 02:30:43 PM »
go download "concieted bastard"  from ras kass right now.......

ras kass when it comes to spitting flames, nobody comin close to him on the west

east coast already know about ras from premo, to dj kay slay
the down south knows about ras kass to from jazze pha to luda

dude been in the game for awhile and every one in the industry respects him

hes one of Dre's top 5 mc's of all time.
go and ask any regular person on the streets of New York about Ras Kass and i guarantee you that 9999/10000 has never ever heard of him and how often do you hear Ras Kass on a mixtape in NY? who gives a fuck what Dre thinks, this is not about Dre´s thoughs on the subject it´s about the peoples thoughts coz the people are the ones who really crowns kings in the rap game. and lmao at everyone i the industry respecting him. like who? Ras Kass might be quick to tell you that everybody loves him in the streets and in the industry but rarely do you see any artists praising Ras Kass. in his little imaginary world industry cats might think he the nicest rapper on the planet but reality is whole nother thing.