Author Topic: Bush wanted to bomb Al-Jazeera?  (Read 917 times)

solipsist

• Lil Geezy
Re: Bush wanted to bomb Al-Jazeera?
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2005, 10:15:00 AM »
Has anyone seen the documentary Control Room?  I highly recommend it, as it demystifies Al-Jazeera -- it's certainly apparent that the filmmaker likes Al-Jazeera but, nevertheless, she still does an excellent job of presenting a mostly objective depiction of the network.  It does cover a bit of the US military killing an Al-Jazeera correspondent in Iraq.  It doesn't necessarily convince you that it was intentional, but it does raise some doubts.  anyway--a movie worth seeing.

acbaylove

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2005, 10:16:00 AM »
Shut up woman. Dont ask for no pass. You aint gettin it.

1. Pussy I never claimed to be a real Muslim. Whatever the fuck that means, I ll leave all that "real" talk for fuckin 14 year old Ohio trailer trash.

2. Youre comparing Serbian natl TV and Al Jazeera and tryin to find a common ground between them regarding their use as military targets. You playin ya self son. I dont even need to tear into your post, its already mincemeat.

3. Id rather have an intelligent conversation with intelligent people, but much to my dismay this isnt as common on this forum as I wish it to be. So kindly fuck off if u dont meet the above criteria and instead u find your self being victimized.

Ask your self why there are people on this forum who I havent even looked at in a negative manner for 4 years and why theres some people who are just plain certified bitches and will remain as such till the die Tech loggs off. Then re read your posts. Then acknowledge that light bulb above your head.  Follow that up by going to the library and gettin a membership.

Whatever, boy. I ain't interested in having an educated conversation with you no more, so you can stop wasting your time with those unnecessary long posts. Peace.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2005, 03:13:36 PM »
Oh, the example was the one of the topic

Saudi Teacher Sentenced to 750 Lashes
By TAREK AL-ISSAWI, Associated Press Writer

Thursday, November 17, 2005

(11-17) 09:10 PST DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) --

A Saudi high-school chemistry teacher accused of discussing religion with his students has been sentenced to 750 lashes and 40 months in prison for blasphemy, officials said Thursday.

The court ruling was condemned by human rights activists, who said Mohammed Salamah al-Harbi was being imprisoned for having an "open discussion" with students.

Al-Harbi was convicted of questioning and ridiculing Islam, discussing the Bible and defending Jews, judicial officials said Thursday on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk to the media.

Prosecutors acted after a complaint by students and al-Harbi's fellow teachers, officials said. The court in the northern province of al-Qassim heard the case Saturday in a six-hour trial.

Al-Harbi was in prison Thursday, but the Saudi newspaper Al-Madinah reported him as saying he would appeal the verdict.

"There are charges that the judge read which are unknown to me, such as defending Jews and the Bible, ridiculing Islam and witchcraft. It's strange that the judge ruled so quickly and wanted to end the case so fast," al-Harbi was quoted as saying.

His lawyer, Abdul Rahman al-Lahem, refused to talk to The Associated Press because of the sensitivity of the case, but he was quoted as telling Al-Madinah the judge refused his request to postpone the trial to allow time for a proper defense.

"The judge's refusal to read a statement by witnesses is a violation of the defendant's rights," al-Lahem was quoted as saying in Sunday's edition.

New York-based Human Rights Watch said al-Harbi had been "talking to his pupils about his views on a number of current topics, such as Christianity, Judaism and the causes of terrorism."

"The Saudi government is imprisoning schoolteachers for having open discussions with their students," said Sarah Leah Whitson, the group's Middle East director said in a statement Thursday. "As long as schoolteachers face persecution for doing their job, Saudi children will lose out."

Al-Harbi's sentence likely will be seen as a setback to Saudi moves to reform its education system. Following the Sept. 11 attacks in the United States, the government altered the school curriculum to remove passages from textbooks that were offensive to Christians and Jews in an attempt to encourage moderation and tolerance.

Fifteen of the 19 hijackers in those attacks were Saudis. Local intellectuals and newspaper columnists said the strict Islamic tenets followed in schools and mosques could have played a role in fostering Islamic militancy.

^^^ This article is talking about a different issue then the one you asked me to comment on.  You asked me to comment on the Saudi's alleged abuses of Christians.  This article is about the Saudi's reprimanding a Muslim teacher named "Mohammad".
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2005, 03:21:48 PM »
Antonio, do you feel what I'm saying?  I'm not trying to be pedantic, I'm pointing out that the example you showed me represents internal issue within the Muslim community.  It deals with the Saudi's reaction to what they deamed heretical teaching by another Muslim.  Which is a different subject. 

My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

acbaylove

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2005, 03:41:32 PM »
Antonio, do you feel what I'm saying?  I'm not trying to be pedantic, I'm pointing out that the example you showed me represents internal issue within the Muslim community.  It deals with the Saudi's reaction to what they deamed heretical teaching by another Muslim. Which is a different subject.

That's exactly the point, man. I live in Italy. Well, it doesn't matter Christians are in overwhelming majorit here: Italy is still considered a non-religious Country by our Constitution, and everybody is allowed to follow and preach his favourite religion, with no limitations and with nobody forcing other people to preach a particular religion. At school, kids can choose if they want to partecipate to (Christian) lessons of religion or not. And they can partecipate to Islam lessions too, if they ask it. Here in Italy they've made a law so they had to remove all the Crucifixes from our public places (included schools) to respect people who ain't Christians. Here there are a lot of mosquees, expecially in Rome, basically where the Pope lives. There are 8 huge mosquees in Rome. And about 150 other mosquees all over our Country. You know what i mean? Why do you still consider Saudi Arabia a muslim nation? Religion should have nothing to do with the organization of a Country. I mean it's not acceptable for me to believe here in Italy, in the Country where the Pope lives, we are so "liberal", and there you can't be like us. Why? Why can't we have Christian Churches there? Why can't a teacher talk about Jesus Christ at school?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 03:43:03 PM by Antonio »

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2005, 03:43:59 PM »
Because the Saudi Arabian government is fucked up.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

acbaylove

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2005, 04:10:48 PM »
I know i should blame Saudi Arabian Government, but it's so easy for ignorant people to blame muslims in general. It's so dangerous. Just show a service about this teacher's condamn to our TV News, here, and common people will react like: "Damn muslims! They're animals! Why do we let them do whatever they want here? Let's close mosquees!! Fuck them all!". 100% guaranteed. You real muslims should do something to avaid that. And the first step is to take distances from Government like the Saudi Arabian one.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2005, 09:03:54 PM »
Antonio, I feel where your coming from, keep it real.  I don't really know a whole lot about all the things your talking about.  I don't want to say anything I'll regret, so let me leave it at that for now.  Peace.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2005, 09:22:56 PM »
Rather than me speaking on something I don't know alot about, let me just post an English translation of what Allah has said in the Noble Qu'ran regarding religious tolerance, then comment on it.   I'd like to here your reply to these verses.

2:256 Let there be no compulsion in religion: [/i]

^^^This is proof from the Qu'ran that nobody should be forced into believing something against there will.

10:19 Mankind was but one nation, but differed (later). Had it not been for a word that went forth before from thy Lord, their differences would have been settled between them. [/i]

^^This basically explains that Allah desired for there to be differences amongst his creation.

73:19 Verily this is an Admonition: therefore, whoso will, let him take a (straight) path to his Lord![/i]

^^This is basically saying you can believe if you want.

74:37 To any of you that chooses to press forward, or to follow behind;-  [/i]

^^Allah ofcourse puts submission to his will, in the forefront, you can only expect that, but he also gives an outlet for those who don't want to press forward.  Because in Islam there is freedom of choice.

10: 99 "Had your Lord willed, all the people on earth would have believed.[/i]

^^Once again, Allah did not intend on everybody believing, Allah made us a people with differences.

49:13 O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other).  Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. and Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

[/i]

^^^Once again Allah is advocating a pluralistic society.

2:2 This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah.  2:3 Who believe in the Unseen...[/i]

^^^This is how the Qu'ran opens up, telling the reader that it's a book for people who believe in the Unseen.  Meaning it's not for people who worship what they see or hear in this world but for people who worship the Unseen Creator, Most High, who Created everything we see and hear in this earth.

so what are your thoughts on the above verses?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 09:28:03 PM by Allah's Slave: Abdul-Infinite »

acbaylove

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2005, 02:12:35 AM »
so what are your thoughts on the above verses?

I'm extremely happy to read it. I knew it. That's why i don't think we should make a Christians vs Muslims war. But I was thinking.. i'm a Roman Catholic Christian, the religion of the Pope of Rome. We have separated ourselves from the other branches of Christianity who was born after the original one (i mean we've never accepted them). There's a strong separation between "us" and the other people who still consider themselves Christians. Why don't you do something similiar with other people who claim to represent the same religion you do? Why did you call them people in Saudi Arabia "muslims"? Matter of fact they're representing a religion different from your. You should separate yourself from them fakers.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2005, 04:12:34 AM »
Antonio, do you feel what I'm saying?  I'm not trying to be pedantic, I'm pointing out that the example you showed me represents internal issue within the Muslim community.  It deals with the Saudi's reaction to what they deamed heretical teaching by another Muslim. Which is a different subject.

That's exactly the point, man. I live in Italy. Well, it doesn't matter Christians are in overwhelming majorit here: Italy is still considered a non-religious Country by our Constitution, and everybody is allowed to follow and preach his favourite religion, with no limitations and with nobody forcing other people to preach a particular religion. At school, kids can choose if they want to partecipate to (Christian) lessons of religion or not. And they can partecipate to Islam lessions too, if they ask it. Here in Italy they've made a law so they had to remove all the Crucifixes from our public places (included schools) to respect people who ain't Christians. Here there are a lot of mosquees, expecially in Rome, basically where the Pope lives. There are 8 huge mosquees in Rome. And about 150 other mosquees all over our Country. You know what i mean? Why do you still consider Saudi Arabia a muslim nation? Religion should have nothing to do with the organization of a Country. I mean it's not acceptable for me to believe here in Italy, in the Country where the Pope lives, we are so "liberal", and there you can't be like us. Why? Why can't we have Christian Churches there? Why can't a teacher talk about Jesus Christ at school?
the vatican is very powerful in itally and can operate great deal of censorship to stop things they deem damaging to their religion for example getting il caso calvi banned, although i may be wrong on this i'd like to hear your views on what kind of power the vatican can exert on italy

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2005, 11:26:21 AM »

I'm extremely happy to read it. I knew it. That's why i don't think we should make a Christians vs Muslims war. But I was thinking.. i'm a Roman Catholic Christian, the religion of the Pope of Rome. We have separated ourselves from the other branches of Christianity who was born after the original one (i mean we've never accepted them). There's a strong separation between "us" and the other people who still consider themselves Christians. Why don't you do something similiar with other people who claim to represent the same religion you do? Why did you call them people in Saudi Arabia "muslims"? Matter of fact they're representing a religion different from your. You should separate yourself from them fakers.

I'm not down with seperating myself with other people who claim submission to the will of Allah (Islam).  Because the Qu'ran Kareem condemns that sort of behaivor.  As the English translation shows in the following verses, dividing oneself into a seperate group or sect is not liked by Allah, and Allah teaches us to make ammends between two contending brothers.   

49:10 The Believers are but a single Brotherhood: So make peace and reconciliation between your two (contending) brothers; and fear Allah, that ye may receive Mercy. [/i]

[6:159] Those who divide themselves into sects do not belong with
you. Their judgment rests with GOD, then He will inform
them of everything they had done.
[/i]

[30:32] (Do not fall in idol worship,) like those who divide
their religion into sects; each party rejoicing with what
they have.
[/i]

[42:14] Ironically, they broke up into sects only after the
knowledge had come to them, due to jealousy and
resentment among themselves. If it were not for a
predetermined decision from your Lord to respite them for
a definite interim, they would have been judged
immediately. Indeed, the later generations who inherited
the scripture are full of doubts.
[/i]

There is one verse where Allah mentions that if a party of Muslims transgresses against other Muslims then you may defend those Muslims being transgressed against; but still the ultimate inclination is towards peace, and here is that verse.

49:9 If two parties among the Believers fall into a quarrel, make ye peace between them: but if one of them transgresses beyond bounds against the other then fight ye (all) against the one that transgresses until it complies with the command of Allah; but if it complies then make peace between them with justice and be fair: for Allah loves those who are fair (and just).
[/i]

Antonio, ^^  what are your thoughts?

« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 11:29:53 AM by Allah's Slave: Abdul-Infinite »

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2005, 07:32:29 PM »
so all somebody has to do is claim a belief in allah and in the Quran and you'll consider them a brother and offer them your support?  Doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.  That just sets you up to be taken advantage of by the Jerry Fallwells of  your religion who will claim to believe, but only use their belief to manipulate others.   

It's not healthy for your religion to blindly accept and support anyone who claims to be a muslim.  It seems similiar to the current situation in America, where the biggest assholes in this country are the one's who most loudly proclaim to be patriotic americans (see bill orielly, rush limbaugh).  Then some people who dont really think things thru say to themselves, yeah these guys are patriots just like me, so i am gonna support them. 

If any group wants to stay strong it needs to take a stand against those who don't support the core ideals of the group.  In your case certain muslims are at odds with the core beliefs of islam even tho they claim to have faith. 

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2005, 07:29:56 PM »
so all somebody has to do is claim a belief in allah and in the Quran and you'll consider them a brother and offer them your support?  Doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.  That just sets you up to be taken advantage of by the Jerry Fallwells of  your religion who will claim to believe, but only use their belief to manipulate others.   

It's not healthy for your religion to blindly accept and support anyone who claims to be a muslim.  It seems similiar to the current situation in America, where the biggest assholes in this country are the one's who most loudly proclaim to be patriotic americans (see bill orielly, rush limbaugh).  Then some people who dont really think things thru say to themselves, yeah these guys are patriots just like me, so i am gonna support them. 

If any group wants to stay strong it needs to take a stand against those who don't support the core ideals of the group.  In your case certain muslims are at odds with the core beliefs of islam even tho they claim to have faith. 

I posted above an example of a verse from Qu'ran where Allah mentions that if a party of Muslims transgresses against other Muslims then you may defend those Muslims being transgressed against; but still the ultimate inclination is towards peace, and here is that verse.

49:9 If two parties among the Believers fall into a quarrel, make ye peace between them: but if one of them transgresses beyond bounds against the other then fight ye (all) against the one that transgresses until it complies with the command of Allah; but if it complies then make peace between them with justice and be fair: for Allah loves those who are fair (and just).
[/i]

So there are instances where the Qu'ran protects us from our religion being overtaken by people who transgress.  But like I said above, ultimately Allah did not give this way of life to the people to divide them, Islam was sent as a mercy to the people.  As Allah says in the Qu'ran something to the effect of "You were enemies one to another and Allah joined your hearts."[/i]  And you see a great example of this every year at Hajj time, when Muslims from all over the world join together and perform the pilgrimage, and no matter if you are from Indonesia, Nigeria, or America your hearts are united and you join in prayer, worship, and effort in the path of Allah.

Islam was the way of life given to all the Prophets of mankind, the first known Prophet Adam, was taught to submit to his Creator alone, and to do righteous good deeds, which is the definition of Islam.  All the Prophets followed this religion; even Jesus; what happened is later a hundred or so years after Jesus; Paul was riding his horse in Damascus and he said he saw a vision, and in the vision God was three, and Jesus was God and so on and so forth; I'll let one of the Christians on the forum explain it if they want to.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 07:32:37 PM by Allah's Slave: Abdul-Infinite »

acbaylove

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2005, 02:53:00 AM »

the vatican is very powerful in itally and can operate great deal of censorship to stop things they deem damaging to their religion for example getting il caso calvi banned, although i may be wrong on this i'd like to hear your views on what kind of power the vatican can exert on italy

If you are a judge, or a politician, basically you don't want to go against the Vatican. Because it can damage your career, since there are millions of Christians here. That's how things like that happens (well it was in the late '70s anyway). Plus, since the Vatican moves millions of euro's, everyday, everybody wants to eat some of the cake. The "caso Calvi" was something extremely complicated, maybe too much for this forum/discussion. But no doubt there are some connections between judges, politicians, the Vatican, the money. But, to stay in-topic, it doesn't really affect the common people. Here it's legal to have an abortion, or to have a judicial separation. Here we all have free sex before we get married. Just to make some examples. Things that goes strongly against the Vatican's desire. It's not that they rule Italy, no way.