Author Topic: About HDTV tuners?  (Read 70 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
About HDTV tuners?
« on: November 22, 2005, 07:39:08 PM »
I've got a High Def ready tv and I need to get a tuner.  Does anymore recommend one tuner over another and what else to I need when I buy one (cables, wires, connectors, etc)?

We Fly High

Re: About HDTV tuners?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 07:58:50 PM »
i had a sony 51" hd widescreen tv during college. too bad i had to sell it cos my parents didnt know i had it. but if ur tv is already high def ready.. then all u need to do is get the special cable box that your cable provider should have. they should supply the connectors and erything too.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 08:02:34 PM »
i had a sony 51" hd widescreen tv during college. too bad i had to sell it cos my parents didnt know i had it. but if ur tv is already high def ready.. then all u need to do is get the special cable box that your cable provider should have. they should supply the connectors and erything too.

Yeah, I did some research earlier and my cable company only offers 1 local channel....same with a satellite.  But a friend of mine has a HD built in and he gets every local channel high def with RABBIT EARS!  A $5 pair of fuckin rabbit ears!  I couldn't believe it.

I was looking at a Samsung HD tuner and I can get ALL the local channels with that and I don't have to pay a monthly fee.

Hittman2001

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 08:14:40 PM »
You should've bought one with one built in already. i got a 52" Mitsubishi TV with that already in there.  You can get the channels like you said with "rabbit ear" antennas.  But you only will get your local channels like you said.  Hi Def is something else, i'm glad i bought my tv

We Fly High

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 08:19:18 PM »
yeah HD was fucking nuts. its like on a whole new other level of television. i miss my tv so bad. discovery channel is straight up  the craziest on hd.. like the underwater ones are fucking crazy. like looking thru a window

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 08:21:16 PM »
You should've bought one with one built in already. i got a 52" Mitsubishi TV with that already in there.  You can get the channels like you said with "rabbit ear" antennas.  But you only will get your local channels like you said.  Hi Def is something else, i'm glad i bought my tv

Yeah it's fucked up cause I thought I bought one that had it built it.  Turns out, it comes with or without and I just happen to buy the one that didn't have it built it.  Damn it.