Author Topic: Everybody knows....  (Read 859 times)

J Bananas

Re: Everybody knows....
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2005, 09:57:04 PM »
maybe he should get some help from green city, lmao

TuSlic

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2005, 09:57:59 PM »
lol i was waiting for one of ya'll predictable cats to say that

buster

J Bananas

« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2005, 10:02:14 PM »
no u wasnt, u were waitin for the wings to heat up in the microwave

TuSlic

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2005, 10:06:40 PM »
na i was eatin turkey

Wicked977

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 818 VALLE Bitches!!!
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2005, 11:50:04 PM »
Not even talking about Dre... Quik is a really nice producer, probably the smoothest on the west. Yet I don't know why he's got a rapping career, because I feel like other rappers would have made better songs out of his beats. It's a shame. I usually find Quik's albums pretty average up to nice, but never anything special; because of the vocals. A goddamn waste.

Thats some bullshit right their homie....

Quik is one of the most clever rappers out and "Dollaz + Sense" proved that. He's also very entertaing with his stories and he can be fun to listen to. Sure he isnt a your common 'lyristist' with heavy vocabulary, word play, punchlines and shit, but he can have  some very unique rthymes and and flows in alot of his songs...when you say that, it seems like you havent listend to all his albums and songs and you just downgrade him as a rapper cuz his producing skills overshadow them...
Don't pay attention to him, this is the same person that said Quik will never make a better album than Get Rich or Die Trying
lol man I was just about 2 post that & you beat me 2 it  :D

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2005, 11:51:22 PM »
Not even talking about Dre... Quik is a really nice producer, probably the smoothest on the west. Yet I don't know why he's got a rapping career, because I feel like other rappers would have made better songs out of his beats. It's a shame. I usually find Quik's albums pretty average up to nice, but never anything special; because of the vocals. A goddamn waste.

Quik is one of the most clever rappers out and "Dollaz + Sense" proved that. He's also very entertaing with his stories and he can be fun to listen to. Sure he isnt a your common 'lyristist' with heavy vocabulary, word play, punchlines and shit, but he can have  some very unique rthymes and and flows in alot of his songs...when you say that, it seems like you havent listend to all his albums and songs and you just downgrade him as a rapper cuz his producing skills overshadow them...
Don't pay attention to him, this is the same person that said Quik will never make a better album than Get Rich or Die Trying
Great Minds think alike ;)

Wicked977

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 818 VALLE Bitches!!!
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2005, 12:13:09 AM »

Great Minds think alike ;)
8)

WestCoasta

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2005, 12:52:12 AM »
ya don't worry, any post from that fruitcake Elevz has been bullshit anyways

that fucker doesn't know shit, he's such a faggot

WestCoasta

« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2005, 12:53:18 AM »
I'ma just put in the ultimate word

DJ Quik absolutely fuckin pisses on Dre, no doubt, he takes a leak on Dre's catalogue, don't argue!  ;D

put aside that impact bullshit, we all know that commerical crowds don't know a damn thing about music

Elevz

« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2005, 03:09:53 AM »
LOL @ all the hate I'm getting for having an opinion of my own. Great minds think alike? Maybe it's more accurate to say simple minds just jump the bandwagon?

I guess you can say I'm not really a westcoast music fan - I don't automatically assume anything with a westcoast sound and some rapping, is decent, or classic. The west has done some amazing stuff over the past, and that I love the coast for, but when you look at the facts, the east is running miles up front. That's where they're still making good music.

I got nothing but love for the west - as soon as they start putting out decent music I'll be the first to support them. It's just, to me, good rap music is more about lyrics than anything else. The west just isn't doing it for me right now. And hey, I wasn't saying Quik is a bad rapper. Only saying he's average and his beats would have sounded better with other rappers on them. So what's all the hating for? I'll admit, I haven't heard all of his albums, think I need to check out 1 more, and they were all "aiight" to me. Just nothing special, and none of them I would rate remotely close to classic status. Maybe it's because Quik is too smooth for my liking.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2005, 07:57:04 AM »
And hey, I wasn't saying Quik is a bad rapper. Only saying he's average and his beats would have sounded better with other rappers on them. So what's all the hating for? I'll admit, I haven't heard all of his albums, think I need to check out 1 more, and they were all "aiight" to me. Just nothing special, and none of them I would rate remotely close to classic status. Maybe it's because Quik is too smooth for my liking.

What makes Quik such a great rapper/artist is because he is the only one that can produce his own shit and rythm, and sound good over it, and make 7 albums of his own like that. Who in Hip-Hop is capable of that?

Rythm-al-ism is the most advanced album made musicly, how can you call that album 'alright'?

And your right, I think DJ Quik is to smooth and advanced for your liking...

ad

Realbiggsteele

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2005, 10:04:58 AM »

quik is a cole nigga with them beats

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2005, 10:20:24 AM »
And hey, I wasn't saying Quik is a bad rapper. Only saying he's average and his beats would have sounded better with other rappers on them. So what's all the hating for? I'll admit, I haven't heard all of his albums, think I need to check out 1 more, and they were all "aiight" to me. Just nothing special, and none of them I would rate remotely close to classic status. Maybe it's because Quik is too smooth for my liking.

What makes Quik such a great rapper/artist is because he is the only one that can produce his own shit and rythm, and sound good over it, and make 7 albums of his own like that. Who in Hip-Hop is capable of that?

Rythm-al-ism is the most advanced album made musicly, how can you call that album 'alright'?

ad

^yea...also that bullshit about quik being an average rapper is not true. Today he is lyrically ten times better than 50 cent. As a rapper I would take quik over all of those east and south commercial artists. That would include gunot, d-block, dipshit, crunk rappers, etc.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Elevz

« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2005, 11:13:04 AM »

ad
^yea...also that bullshit about quik being an average rapper is not true. Today he is lyrically ten times better than 50 cent. As a rapper I would take quik over all of those east and south commercial artists. That would include gunot, d-block, dipshit, crunk rappers, etc.

Oh yeah, compare them to 50 Cent to show how great they really are... LOL

Do you really think Quik can keep up with today's heavyweight rappers in the rap game? Give me a break.

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2005, 11:16:13 AM »
^Well you think quik has never made an album as good as Get Rich Or Die Trying. Also you did say you feel good rap music should be mostly about lyrics. :D 8) ;D
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion