Author Topic: 50's Latest Movie Project/Soundtrack Is A Masterpiece!  (Read 580 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: 50's Latest Movie Project/Soundtrack Is A Masterpiece!
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2005, 07:16:36 PM »
it's a aiight cd, u gotta listen to it twice to like it, ambition hustlers is my joints. I think it's far better than massacre, but grodt is a better album. I agree that spider loc is kinda tight, i might check for him if he ever release a cd. i didn't see the movie, but i'm not waiting for a oscar wining type of movie, more a gun clapping bitch slapping big money stacks type of shit, so to me it'll be good if there's a lot of action and good lookin bitches

No man... you'll be dissapointed, but that's one of the things that made me happy about the movie, there is actually no sexual content in the movie.  50 chose to sell substance this time out, rather than to just exploit black women and sell sex.  Even 50's love interest in the movie is a very plain in physical beauty.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2005, 07:18:52 PM »
a rip-off of Purple Rain, which was also a terrible movie.

:o I'm reaching for my baby powder so i can slap you

Lol. Great soundtrack, probably in my top 10 albums, but the movie is just plain bad.

I don't think any are really rip offs. 50s movie is more a rip off the generic action film. I don't think any of the movies are good, but if 8 Mile rips off Purple Rain then Purple Rain rips off Neil Diamond's the Jazz Singer, and you could probably find a ton more through history.

Just listened to the soundtrack. Just as shit as the movie. Album of the year my ass. It's got nothing The White Stripes' Get Behind Me Satan or Springsteen's Devils and Dust or Niel Young's Prarie Wind.

This is a hip-hop forum.  We ain't interested Bruce Springsteen or his tight jeens and leather jacket. 
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2005, 07:31:07 PM »
I haven't heard the soundtrack the the movie was a joke. Even 50s stupid fans thought so because it stands to lose money.

Out of curiosity Infinte, what are you comparing this movie against? Other hip hop films? Because next to something like Shawshank Redemption, Casablanca, Ben Hur, or Million Dollar Baby, this movie is like Shaq's album next to Me Against the World.

The music I love and I've always loved is hip-hop.  But even if you want to speak in general terms, it's easily the best movie to come out this year, and maybe the best hip-hop movie. 

You know for a white guy in America who turned to Islam you have a very close mind when it comes to music. Why don't you try expanding your horizons with out bias and see what you can discover?

And best movie this year? C'mon man, even you know that's a stupid claim. The movie is one big stupid cliche that Sam Jackson knew sucked so he turned it down. In the same year as Crash and Cinderella Man you're calling this piece of shit the best? You've outdone yourself.

Just do we're clear; I don't buy that you are really as stupid as you pretend to be on this board. Grow the fuck up and start acting serious.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2005, 07:32:28 PM »

Lol. Great soundtrack, probably in my top 10 albums, but the movie is just plain bad.

I don't think any are really rip offs. 50s movie is more a rip off the generic action film. I don't think any of the movies are good, but if 8 Mile rips off Purple Rain then Purple Rain rips off Neil Diamond's the Jazz Singer, and you could probably find a ton more through history.

Just listened to the soundtrack. Just as shit as the movie. Album of the year my ass. It's got nothing The White Stripes' Get Behind Me Satan or Springsteen's Devils and Dust or Niel Young's Prarie Wind.

This is a hip-hop forum.  We ain't interested Bruce Springsteen or his tight jeens and leather jacket. 

You stop mentioning Allah and your new found better life and I'll stick to just hip hop.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2005, 07:59:37 PM »

only good acting by 50 in that movie was at the end where majestic told him he fucked his mom then killed her. after terrance howard broke up the fight 50 had this look in his eye like he was REALLY about to kill somebody. other than that...he pretty much mumbled through the movie.

wow...u took the words outta my mouth...but i i aint gonna front 2 sceens i thought were crazy sick
1) the killing of the cop
2) the killing of that guy who shit 50 (that dude snapped!!!)

majestic? the dude terrance howard shot at the end?

oh btw: did the movie version of "I Dont Know Officer" leak? that shiet was pretty coo

"naw, i aint sign that muhfuckin contract
i aint a bitch like you, i aint goin out like that"
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2005, 09:02:39 PM »
I haven't heard the soundtrack the the movie was a joke. Even 50s stupid fans thought so because it stands to lose money.

Out of curiosity Infinte, what are you comparing this movie against? Other hip hop films? Because next to something like Shawshank Redemption, Casablanca, Ben Hur, or Million Dollar Baby, this movie is like Shaq's album next to Me Against the World.

Well, you can't compare a gangster rap movie to Ben Hur, come on man.  If you compare it to similar movies with a similar genre or so, though, it's still a horrible movie. 

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2005, 09:15:53 PM »
I haven't peeped the movie yet, but I'm digging the soundtrack. Some of the beats have real old school flavors to them ( What If, Window Shopper, Things Change...) Sure, there's some weak tracks but overall it's a dope collection of songs.

"Talk About Me" is sick, in my opinion. Creative concept by rapping 5 verses from different perspectives. One of Dre's tightest beats if you ask me. "When It Rains It Pours" bangs too.

Trauma-san

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2005, 10:38:25 PM »
Ultimately it doesn't even matter if we like it or not.  He'll make tons of money off of it (he probably received tons of advances and already has the money from the cd and the movie sitting in the bank).  Since he's making almost a 'life and times of 50 Cent' type movie anyways, he's showing everybody I think that his career is almost over anyways.  He's probably made 100 million dollars over the past few years, what the fuck does he care about making quality?  On top of that, he's incapable of  making a quality movie because he can't act.  that's not a slam against him, it's just not his thing. 

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2005, 01:48:58 AM »

Hmm i dont know why everybody's so hyped about that soundtrack, cause i think it sucked ass!!!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 07:33:27 AM by vetklep2000 »

AndrE16686

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2005, 02:12:21 AM »
^^^^LMFAO!!!  ;D

i thought the soundtrack was shit, havent seen the movie yet but i will cause its got Oz actors in it and Anabese is a dope scary actor.

(can't help feelin like im makin excuse to go c a 50 Cent movie)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
NO MORE WAR

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2005, 05:00:59 AM »

I think Purple Rain was garbage and I'm from Minneapolis. Morris Day was the only person who brought anything to the film.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2005, 05:14:29 AM »

I think Purple Rain was garbage and I'm from Minneapolis. Morris Day was the only person who brought anything to the film.

Exactly! Thank you.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2005, 06:06:31 AM »
Well I havent seen the movie yet,so I cant comment on that.But the soundtrack is very ncie,way better then Massacre.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2005, 02:19:29 PM »
Ultimately it doesn't even matter if we like it or not.  He'll make tons of money off of it (he probably received tons of advances and already has the money from the cd and the movie sitting in the bank).  Since he's making almost a 'life and times of 50 Cent' type movie anyways, he's showing everybody I think that his career is almost over anyways.  He's probably made 100 million dollars over the past few years, what the fuck does he care about making quality?  On top of that, he's incapable of  making a quality movie because he can't act.  that's not a slam against him, it's just not his thing. 

Actually as it stands right now the movie is going to lose money. It cost 40 mil to make and probbly another 25 or 30 to promote and it's only made about 25 mil so far and only 4 mil last weekend. Nothing compared to the 116 mil 8 Mile made.

As for comparing it to Ben Hur. I was simply stating a movie that is completely out of it's league because Infinite called it a masterpiece and BEn Hur is a masterpeice, Godfather is a masterpiece, Shawshank, Get rich? It's not even a masterpiece for a hip hop film.