Author Topic: Nature of the Threat - An anthropology class in one song  (Read 561 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Nature of the Threat - An anthropology class in one song
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2005, 01:15:56 PM »
yea, this beat sucks and rass has no flow, ill just give him props on what he tried to do, but you really wana go in depth in the song and do your research, hes just splurting out a lot of shit from his asshole...

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2005, 02:32:11 PM »
I didn't know Julius Ceasar was a fag either. We should of known though, look at what he wore.
Most Greeks & Romans were gay/bisexual. They didn't have a problem with it until the spread of Christianity. The church said it was wrong to be gay.

A lot of well read and philosophical Greeks and Romans were bisexual. There is no proof that most were, and there is next to know proof that the common man was.

The elite of every culture had fucked up shit going on. Many high class Egyptians would marry their sisters and have children. I've even heard of one case where a pharoah marrried his mother. The average Egyptian like the average Greek just lived a normal life.

That's a question for the ages; if you had to choose between fucking another man or your mother or sister which would you pick?

P.S. I'm not sure if Caesar practiced bisexuality. I'm pretty sure Augustus Caesar greatly rejected it.

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2005, 02:43:05 PM »
^^^damn...talking about a question. Man or mother/or sister... :puke: :puke: :puke:

*gun laying on the table looking rather appealing...*

None. I would never have sex. :'( :'( :'( I hope... :-\
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Sikotic™

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2005, 03:30:40 PM »
Depends on how good my sister/mother looked
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J Bananas

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2005, 08:40:15 PM »
*gun laying on the table looking rather appealing...*

haha word

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2005, 09:01:06 PM »
It's a lot of BS, but it's still a sick song to me..I really hope he doesn't fully believe that tho

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2005, 12:11:32 PM »
it's mostly real shit he's kicking.  some of it is slightly questionable (the origins of man and race), but if a person summed up judiasm or christianity in a song, 80% of that shit would be fiction too, seeing as it's a fictional religion.  ras' song is more meaningful and accurate than what you'd hear in the historical accounts that most religions espouse.  people that don't like the truism's ras speaks try to pick out a line here or there and then try to dismiss the whole work based on a couple questionable lines.

i agree that his flow is horrible on this track, the beat is horrible as well.  ras stepped it up 200% on "interview with a vampire" and "music of the business" in terms of dropping knowledge in a song.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 12:34:52 PM by nibs »
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2005, 01:02:56 PM »
Roughly 20,000 years ago the first humans evolved
with the phenotypical trait, genetic recessive
Blue eyes, blonde hair and white skin

Albinism apparently was a sin to the original man, Africans
So the mutants traveled North of the equator
Called Europeans later, the first race haters

wow what a dumbass

Eihtball

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2005, 01:43:33 PM »
Songs like this (probably this one in particulary) are the main reason that "Soul On Ice" got pulled off a lot of record store shelves when it first came out...which of course meant that he started ripping on white folk even MORE on his next album about censorship.  Ras has always struck me as being obsessively Afrocentric, often to a lunatic extent that's pretty much racist.  He still has a sick flow, though, but not as good as Chino XL (remember that "Riot" song?  Chino obviously outshined him on that).

Sikotic™

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2005, 02:35:51 PM »
I've been getting into Chino alot more lately. Dude's got really crazy shit, its a shame he isn't recognized for it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2005, 02:38:37 PM »
it's mostly real shit he's kicking.  some of it is slightly questionable (the origins of man and race), but if a person summed up judiasm or christianity in a song, 80% of that shit would be fiction too, seeing as it's a fictional religion.  ras' song is more meaningful and accurate than what you'd hear in the historical accounts that most religions espouse.  people that don't like the truism's ras speaks try to pick out a line here or there and then try to dismiss the whole work based on a couple questionable lines.

i agree that his flow is horrible on this track, the beat is horrible as well.  ras stepped it up 200% on "interview with a vampire" and "music of the business" in terms of dropping knowledge in a song.
I also like Interview With a Vampire alot more then Nature of the Threat. Nature of the Threat is still dope.

J Bananas

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2005, 02:40:50 PM »
yeah interview with a vampire i one of my favs, but theres something off about the way the vocals were recorded at certain spots which i cant get over

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2005, 03:36:42 PM »

The difference is that blatant evidence proves a lot of what Ras says as wrong. With the Bible there really aren't many sources that say otherwise because there aren't any other sources. Someone writing about Christianity as you say would be writing fiction but what is writing fact? There is nothing that documents Jesus's life other than the Bible (and the Quran I guess, plusa few otheer sources about his lost years). What you write about it is based on what you believe it was. You can believe the Bible or the Quran, or you can believe neither, but you cannot say it is fiction unless you have solid evidence or proof. Nature of the Threat has many theories and descriptions that are disputed by hundreds or primary sources that state otherwise.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2005, 03:50:20 PM »
Someone writing about Christianity as you say would be writing fiction but what is writing fact? There is nothing that documents Jesus's life other than the Bible

the reason it's not documented is because it's mostly fiction.  it largely represents an accumulation of stories, tales and myths that were passed down.  it's like if i started arguing that the "chronicles of narnia" was a true story, but the problem is that it's only recorded by the one source (c.s. lewis)...
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2005, 08:17:26 AM »
Someone writing about Christianity as you say would be writing fiction but what is writing fact? There is nothing that documents Jesus's life other than the Bible

the reason it's not documented is because it's mostly fiction.  it largely represents an accumulation of stories, tales and myths that were passed down.  it's like if i started arguing that the "chronicles of narnia" was a true story, but the problem is that it's only recorded by the one source (c.s. lewis)...

Again, the difference is that you could probably find interviews of Lewis talking about it as fiction and it was implied as fiction. Early christians weren't voluntarily feeding themselves to lions based on what was implied ficition. They believed it was true. I'm not saying one way or the other. I'm just saying you can't for certain say one way or another.