Author Topic: What makes snoop so great  (Read 931 times)

HBKid_Jr

What makes snoop so great
« on: April 04, 2002, 05:26:20 PM »
Why do so many of u still think he is one one tha best in tha game still an some even think he is tha G.O.A.T.  Back in tha day i could see where u are comin from b/c everything he did from 92 to early 96 was classic.  He in my opinion had tha best flow rap had ever seen than,  an no rapper has yet to touch tha flow he had than.  he sounded hungry an like he cared back than.  Now he still has good flow but not as good as it once was.  He sounds like he doesnt care,  except when he works wit dre,  an occasionally other producers bring out tha best in snoop.  But he nutin special lyrically,  he never really was,  but his flow made up for that.  To me now,  he seems like nutin special at all 2 me,  jus another rapper.  Maybe im expecting to much of him,  but when it was time for other big name rappers to prove themselves they did,  dre did it wit 2001,  nas-  stillmatic,  jay-z tha blueprint.  Another thing is tha snoop dickriders annoy me,  i dont see how u can call a rapper wit mediocre lyrical skil tha  GOAT.  Granted who u think tha goat is an opinion but im statin my opinion.  He has gotten deep on a few songs but in my opinion he has never gotten on tha level of pac did on so many tears or big on sucidle thoughts.  All has is his flow.  I personally think he lives an survives off of doggystyle.  A question for tha snoop die hards,  lets say he never dropped doggystyle.  His career consisted of everything but doggystyle,  what would his saled be like 2day an would any1 really care too much about him or have any hope for him droppin a classic.  Look at canibus,  he had a lot of hype but dropped 2 average albums an one completely shitty album,  but yet a still have a lot of hope he can drop a great album.  I dunno maybe i expect too much outta snoop,  im not askin for another doggystyle,  but an album thats in that 4.5/5 mics i think he could easily drop.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Biron

Re: What makes snoop so great
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2002, 05:34:08 PM »
Wait 'til his next album drop!  ;)

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2002, 06:10:33 PM »
Why does it matter to you? Why do you care if other people like him or not? Maybe the main reason most people isn't because of his lyrical skill. Maybe they just like him for his Style, for his funk, for his persona. Who says you gotta be deep and suicidal to be the GOAT?

I mean, I agree with you on alot of points you made.. I aint a Snoop dickrider either.. you can't take away Doggystyle from him either...that's a big what if... you can do that to any other artist who has a classic album out... what would Nas be without Illmatic? Would people consider him the GOAT by listening to Nastradamous and I Am..

If he wouldn't have dropped Doggystyle in 93.. then Doggfather would have been a classic in 96... cuz that would be his first cd and he would be just as hungry as he was before... no matter what.. he has it in him.. you even admit that...

I dont know... I say just let it go.. if you dont like him as much. dont buy his next album when it drops... and let Slikk enjoy "The Game Is To Be Sold"...  who cares?

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2002, 06:12:32 PM »
You can't forget his voice either. No one can sound like Snoop but Snoop. You hear a song and when it comes time for him to spit and you hear him you say "Damn, that's Snoop Dogg".

He's not the GOAT or anything near it but he is most definitrly a West Coast icon. Even without Doggystyle he was still memorable on The Cronic.

I know what your sayin though Tom, now he's comin' pretty wack. I don't see how people can say he is the GOAT today. It just don't make sense.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2002, 06:16:01 PM »
Word.  Snoop is dope cuz he's natural.  If you notice, he can just bust how ever, when ever.. to who ever.. he aint scared to just freestyle.  .  Alot of rappers cant just bust.  If you need an example, check:

Snoop Dogg Feat. Xzibit - Hot 97 Funk Flex Freestyle (9.21 Long Amazing).mp3

And then,
RAW - The Indy Movie where Snoop, Daz And Kurupt bust a freestyle in the limo.  Snoop kills it.

To me, that's hip hop.  my 2 cents.  Out.

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Biron

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2002, 06:25:38 PM »
If LL Cool J today claims to be the Goat..... ::)

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2002, 06:38:10 PM »
tha thing im talkin bout if u take doggystyle away from snoop,  what else does he really have,  1 shitty album an 3 alright/good  albums.  If u take away illmatic from Nas,  he still has 1 great album,  IWW an one classic in my eyes stillmatic.  If u take away 36 chambers from wu they still got 2 classic solo albums liquid swords an only built for cuban linx,  an tical is a great album.  If u take away dogg food from kurupt he still has tha stuff he did on chronic an doggystyle an tha streetz.  If u take away one on quiks albums he stil has 4 hot albums,  same wit outkast.  You take away ready 2 die from big,  he still has life after death.  u take away MATW from pac he still has AEOM an makaveli.  U take away tha infamous from mobb deep they still got hell on earth.  You take away reasonable doubt from jay-z he still has tha blueprint.  U take away amerikkkaz most wanted from cube he still has lethal injection an other hot shit.  Tha pointim tryin to make,  there are a lot of rappers in which u can take away a great album from them an they still have other great stuff.  If u take away doggystyle from snoop,  in my eyes,  all u really hav that is great is tha chronic an a few other joints from his DR days but nutin else in his solo career that is mind blowin.  It doesnt have to be ground breakin an revolutionary to be mind blowin,  like tha streetz iz a mutha

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2002, 06:38:23 PM »
I gotta say its definitely his laid back voice and the way he spits rhymes. Yeah, he was tighter with Doggystyle but this is a new and more mature Snoop.

Everyone has their own taste and if you don't like Snoop that much then thats ok. :P

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2002, 06:40:23 PM »
If LL Cool J today claims to be the Goat..... ::)

True... and Jay-Z.

Personally, Snoop has gone beyond anything else. His the only true King of Hip-Hop, as the Westcoast King. His charisamatic as fuck, and if you ever see him in concert, you KNOW THAT SNOOP IS A FUCKIN' SUPERSTAR. Kurupt, Daz, the whole Doggystyle family on stage. And Snoop is all up in the stage, the general. Snoop is the westcoast Jay-Z. The man that still can bust a good verse, and a  voice that is his own. His work hard and had a long road to get were he is, on top the westcoast again, only this time as a respected and admired OG, as oppose to the hungry young rapper that was endanger of possibly being a flash in the pan.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2002, 06:45:51 PM »
i jus realized what it is i have aginst snoop,  its a NY thing.  In NY rather it be music,  sports  or whatever,  it's "what have you done for me lately".  In sports,  you had a good season last year,  good,  what r u doin this year.  Alright,  u had a great last album,  good,  hows this album goin be,  ya know what im sayin

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2002, 07:43:45 PM »

I know what your sayin though Tom, now he's comin' pretty wack. I don't see how people can say he is the GOAT today. It just don't make sense.

This is disgusting.  How can you say Snoop is coming "wack"??  "Wack" is a harsh term..you may prefer his doggystyle stuff but to call his current ish "wack" is absurd.  Aside from his Death Row days, "Top Dogg", "The Last Meal", both Eastsidaz album, and the Bones soundtrack are all hot.  Not to mention his bangers on the Wash soundtrack.  Plus Snoop is always putting out heat..check out rarer stuff like "Do U Wanna Roll" or his guest spots on the Bad Azz album?  Wack???  Get off my board you piece of shit.
I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2002, 09:55:23 PM »
Snoop is just Snoop!! He might not be tha GOAT but hes in my opinoin up there wit tha other greats!! And how can u say that Snoops new ish is wack? He brings a whole new style to tha game. And how can u say Doggystyle is all Snoops got? Snoop on "The Chronic" made peeps want to be on tha lookout fo Doggystyle, in my opinoin (nothing against Dre) Snoop was tha main one that sold "The Chronic"! Peeps were sayin "Yo u check out that homie on Dre's new ish?" In my eyes Snoop cant sell without Dre, and Dre cant sell without Snoop!! I know they tried to go their seperate ways and try and do it on their own but its just not the same!!

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2002, 12:34:26 AM »
tha thing im talkin bout if u take doggystyle away from snoop,  what else does he really have,  1 shitty album an 3 alright/good  albums.  If u take away illmatic from Nas,  he still has 1 great album,  IWW an one classic in my eyes stillmatic.  If u take away 36 chambers from wu they still got 2 classic solo albums liquid swords an only built for cuban linx,  an tical is a great album.  If u take away dogg food from kurupt he still has tha stuff he did on chronic an doggystyle an tha streetz.  If u take away one on quiks albums he stil has 4 hot albums,  same wit outkast.  You take away ready 2 die from big,  he still has life after death.  u take away MATW from pac he still has AEOM an makaveli.  U take away tha infamous from mobb deep they still got hell on earth.  You take away reasonable doubt from jay-z he still has tha blueprint.  U take away amerikkkaz most wanted from cube he still has lethal injection an other hot shit.  Tha pointim tryin to make,  there are a lot of rappers in which u can take away a great album from them an they still have other great stuff.  If u take away doggystyle from snoop,  in my eyes,  all u really hav that is great is tha chronic an a few other joints from his DR days but nutin else in his solo career that is mind blowin.  It doesnt have to be ground breakin an revolutionary to be mind blowin,  like tha streetz iz a mutha

if you take away doggystyle, snoop still have doggfather .. and tha last meal was a pretty tight album too... not to mention "the chronic" (snoop had nearly 30-40% of the rhymes ... + he wrote most of dre's verses along with the doc)...

in my eyes snoop have dropped:

1 Classic:
Doggystyle (5 outta 5)

1 Almost Classic
Tha Doggfather (4.7 outta 5)

2 Dope Albums
Tha Last Meal (4.4 outta 5
No Limit Top Dogg (4.1 outta 5)

1 Avreage Album
Da Game is to be Sold Not Told (3.0 outta 5)

pretty decent if you ask me

serv-on

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2002, 12:59:55 AM »

I dunno wtf you talkin about but it seems like you are a hater! And if you prefer NAS over snoop then you can suck a fat dick, BIIIAAATCH.

Youngster323

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2002, 03:15:23 AM »

I dunno wtf you talkin about but it seems like you are a hater! And if you prefer NAS over snoop then you can suck a fat dick, BIIIAAATCH.

LOL where in his post did he say "I prefer Nas over snoop" Read it right. He was givin examples if u take this album away u would have this, and so on. and to King Suge, did u just call Snoop's death row days wack?