Which do you use?

Firefox
25 (75.8%)
IE
7 (21.2%)
Other
1 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Firefox or IE?  (Read 464 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Firefox or IE?
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2005, 06:39:56 PM »
I don't get it.  I use IE and don't know what could be wrong with it.  It's fast, never get spyware, I don't notice any problems with it.

I guess I'll try Firefox and see if I notice a difference.

You probably won't notice a difference until you start using tabs regularly... with FF you can right click on any link and create a tab, or go to view, toolbars, and drag the add tab icon to your toolbar... another option is to hit ctrl click on a link to open a new tab.

Another huge difference for me is the bookmarks toolbar.  Most web pages assign icons to their links, IE doesn't even notice them, but with FF you can put icons on your top toolbar that quick link you to your favorite webpages.  Right now I can fit 30 links on my toolbar. 

A few other cool things to try with FF...

1.  type 'dubcc' into the search bar and FF will send you right to dubcc.com.  type cnn and you go to cnn, nyt and you go to the new york times site.  FF auto queries google and sends you to the top result automatically.  you can change the default search engine to others if you like.

2. you can add your favorite search engines to the FF toolbar, in the top right you'll notice you can search google, if you click on the G you'll see there are other search engines that you can change to, and you can DL more. 

3.  Resizing text.  With FF resizing text is much easier.  In IE you can only change text so much, with FF you can make it as big as you like and its done easily too.  If you have a scroll wheel on your mouse, hold down ctrl and scroll up or down.  If not, hit ctrl + or -

4.  Go to tools extensions, and get more extensions for FF.  Especially customize google. 

and make sure you DL Firefox 1.5 RC3 that way when FF 1.5 final comes out you'll be automatically updated.

K A I N

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2005, 06:31:08 PM »

acbaylove

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2005, 06:55:03 PM »

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2005, 07:08:20 PM »
Anyone that use IE look into switching... you really should :)

DL HERE:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2005, 08:02:35 PM »
ant, how much is mozilla paying you?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2005, 12:31:21 PM »
Yea, I still use the OG demo version of Firefox...