Author Topic: Schwarzenegger says he would consider granting clemency to Tookie Williams  (Read 734 times)

$do11a biLL$

SAN FRANCISCO - Gov.     Arnold Schwarzenegger said Friday he would consider granting clemency to convicted killer Stanley Tookie Williams, the Crips gang founder who became an anti-gang activist while in prison and was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

The governor said he would meet Dec. 8 in a private hearing with Williams' lawyers, Los Angeles County prosecutors and others involved.

Schwarzenegger has the authority to commute a death sentence to life without parole, but he is not obligated to hold a hearing. In Schwarzenegger's case, he decides clemency requests on a "case-by-case basis," spokeswoman Margita Thompson said.

Two other clemency petitions have come before Schwarzenegger. Neither was granted.

Williams, 51, faces a lethal injection on Dec. 13 for the 1979 slayings of a Whittier convenience store clerk and three people at a Pico Rivera motel. He has maintained his innocence and has asked the California Supreme Court to reopen his case, alleging shoddy forensics wrongly connected him to three of the murders. The Supreme Court hasn't ruled on the petition.

Los Angeles County prosecutors and victims' relatives have demanded his execution.

Along with asking Schwarzenegger to commute Williams' death sentence, his lawyers submitted what they said were signatures of 32,000 people supporting his petition for clemency.

Supporters, including rapper Snoop Dogg and Ras Baraka, the deputy mayor of Newark, N.J., have urged Schwarzenegger to spare Williams' life so he can continue his work with young people as an anti-gang activist.

Williams founded the Crips with a childhood friend in 1971 in Los Angeles, where the gang battled rivals for territory and control of the drug trade.

In prison, however, Williams gained international acclaim for co-writing children's books about the dangers of gang life. An award-winning television movie starring Jamie Foxx, "Redemption," was based on his life.

Schwarzenegger, in dealing with the two previous clemency requests, denied a hearing last year for Kevin Cooper, whose execution was later stayed by a federal appeals court, and held a public hearing this year for Donald Beardslee but declined to spare him.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Schwarzenegger says he would consider granting clemency to Tookie Williams
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 08:40:04 PM »
The governor should show Tookie the same mercy that Tookie showed to his victims. That is....NO MERCY. Fry the bastard.

By the way, anyone can be nominated for a Nobel Peace prize. I could nominate myyself if I wanted, that doesn't mean I am worthy.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 10:12:50 PM »
'C Walker' how u gon disrespect og tookie?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

J Bananas

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 10:28:11 PM »
haha, a white polack named C Walker condeming crips leader to death, if he aint disloyal, he's a dumbfuck

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 10:32:57 PM »
'C Walker' how u gon disrespect og tookie?
^That is true. What happened to 'CWALKER 187'? ;D
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 10:34:53 PM »
This faggot ass Polack can probably count all the black friends in his life on one hand. And by "friend", he means some one hes seen before.

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2005, 01:33:02 AM »
i still think tookie needs to pay the consequence.  I mean...4 victims...geez...
If he gets off the hook..why not charles manson?? He probably finish making his children books as well.
But either way..God will see him soon.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

J Bananas

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 01:37:23 AM »
Charles Manson helped the beach boys write beautful music...

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 01:57:27 AM »
Fry the bastard.

Fuck that nigga up. His victims aren't gonna ever get another chance at life, and neither should he.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Eihtball

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2005, 10:37:08 AM »
The governor should show Tookie the same mercy that Tookie showed to his victims. That is....NO MERCY. Fry the bastard.

By the way, anyone can be nominated for a Nobel Peace prize. I could nominate myyself if I wanted, that doesn't mean I am worthy.

You should not be on this site.  Hip-hop and American conservatives/jingoists don't mix.  You're the kind of person who probably listens to rap like it's a Minstrel Show.

Bigg $amo

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2005, 11:17:08 AM »
Fry the bastard.

Fuck that nigga up. His victims aren't gonna ever get another chance at life, and neither should he.

man, you're white.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2005, 11:32:41 PM »

You should not be on this site.  Hip-hop and American conservatives/jingoists don't mix.  You're the kind of person who probably listens to rap like it's a Minstrel Show.

Cwalker is just here because its an opportunity for him to say all the things he's to scared to say in real life.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2005, 11:34:58 PM »

Cwalker is just here because its an opportunity for him to say all the things he's to scared to say in real life.

That is interesting that you say that. Because I always thought you posted here for the same reason.

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2005, 01:14:16 AM »
Fry the bastard.

man, you're white.

First of all, I'm not white.

Secondly, what does race have to do with anything?

Because he's a black man his crimes should be forgotten and he should be granted clemency? If that's what your inferring then slap yourself. I don't care if the muthafucka is green, he killed people, ruined lives, and caused irreversible damage to the victim's loved ones. Oh so because he's the founder of the crips and that's cool n shit he should be let off? Just because he supposedly changed his life around he shouldn't be punished? Who doesn't change their life around when they're locked up for years in a prison?

I can't believe people even rally behind this guy.It's people like you who get caught up in race that keep our society from moving forward. I don't support his freedom so I guess i'm just an Uncle Tom now  ::)
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2005, 01:40:08 AM »
Fry the bastard.

man, you're white.

First of all, I'm not white.

Secondly, what does race have to do with anything?

Because he's a black man his crimes should be forgotten and he should be granted clemency? If that's what your inferring then slap yourself. I don't care if the muthafucka is green, he killed people, ruined lives, and caused irreversible damage to the victim's loved ones. Oh so because he's the founder of the crips and that's cool n shit he should be let off? Just because he supposedly changed his life around he shouldn't be punished? Who doesn't change their life around when they're locked up for years in a prison?

I can't believe people even rally behind this guy.It's people like you who get caught up in race that keep our society from moving forward. I don't support his freedom so I guess i'm just an Uncle Tom now ::)

Agreed. I mean. I bet the victims families are suffering even more than he is, that shit is irreversible and it's never coming back, he doesn't deserve clemency