Author Topic: Canadians....The government has fallen.  (Read 1226 times)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: Canadians....The government has fallen.
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2005, 06:48:23 PM »
I think the conservatives aren't united behind Harper, and Harper hasn't done enough to try and get his party united.  Personally, I think he should have stepped down after losing the last election.  I don't have a problem with the Liberals being in power.  I mean our country is doing okay.  Just as long as the NDP isn't in, I'm fine.  Quebec complains about not getting what they want, but BC just flat out doesn't get anything.  I'll be working on James Moores campaign.  He's my choice for my MP, but beyond that, the outcome of the election has little effect on me.

I think Harper's done a pretty good job actually. He took two parties who hated each other and got them to work together, force the Liberals into minority, and make huge electoral gains. But yeah, the country's ok but personally I don't want to settle for just ok. I want better than ok to leave to my children.

How old are you?
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2005, 07:01:38 PM »
I think the conservatives aren't united behind Harper, and Harper hasn't done enough to try and get his party united.  Personally, I think he should have stepped down after losing the last election.  I don't have a problem with the Liberals being in power.  I mean our country is doing okay.  Just as long as the NDP isn't in, I'm fine.  Quebec complains about not getting what they want, but BC just flat out doesn't get anything.  I'll be working on James Moores campaign.  He's my choice for my MP, but beyond that, the outcome of the election has little effect on me.

I think Harper's done a pretty good job actually. He took two parties who hated each other and got them to work together, force the Liberals into minority, and make huge electoral gains. But yeah, the country's ok but personally I don't want to settle for just ok. I want better than ok to leave to my children.

How old are you?

19. Why is it that you ask?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2005, 12:48:39 AM »
^ do you really talk like that?

"Why is it that you ask?"

my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2005, 05:51:33 AM »
^ do you really talk like that?

"Why is it that you ask?"

Pretty much. Does that bother you?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2005, 10:12:00 AM »
i aint taking side but i see the bloc is gonna  win in quebec

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2005, 10:29:03 AM »
i aint taking side but i see the bloc is gonna  win in quebec

Oh yeah, no doubt. At least 60 seats if not more.

Paris

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2005, 08:42:51 AM »
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2005, 11:36:32 AM »
So what's been the impressions of the campaign so far? Harper fumbled by mentioning same sex marriage, but at least he's being honest and consistent. Layton's looking really oppurtunistic, I doubt he'll make many gains because his support will be so fragmented. Duceppe is going to lose credibility because he's focusing on asinine issues like a Quebec soccer and hockey team. Martin is just looking plain bad.

It's all up in the air.

Paris

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2005, 12:16:07 PM »
martin said somthing dumb in french this week. a business man asked him what could he do to imrpove tourism in vorion and he answered that the for the europeans the canada was top 5 destination based on the top 10 good destination outside our frontier. My father said that he must have the same frecnh teacher as jean chretien

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2005, 12:18:55 PM »
martin said somthing dumb in french this week. a business man asked him what could he do to imrpove tourism in vorion and he answered that the for the europeans the canada was top 5 destination based on the top 10 good destination outside our frontier. My father said that he must have the same frecnh teacher as jean chretien

LOL! That's pretty funny. Both him and Chretien can't speak worth a damn eh? Both of them speak bad English too, Martin stutters his ass off.

Paris

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2005, 12:26:31 PM »
I love this Harper statement: 
"I believe that all taxes are bad," Harper said as he outlined the Conservative pledge to slash the Goods and Services Tax by two per cent over five years. "Better taxes are lower taxes."

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2005, 12:29:39 PM »
I love this Harper statement: 
"I believe that all taxes are bad," Harper said as he outlined the Conservative pledge to slash the Goods and Services Tax by two per cent over five years. "Better taxes are lower taxes."

Yeah I couldn't agree more. However the GST cut doesn't go nearly deep enough. Harper himself was one of the authors of the Reform Party's plan to get rid of the GST over 7 years, I don't know why he doesn't bring that back.

Paris

Suga Foot

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2005, 11:38:18 AM »
It was a good idea for Harper to say what he did about same sex marriage.  He got it out of the way right off the bat.  Now the Liberals can't speculate or speak on Harpers views, because he already put that issue to rest.

Harper probably got a lot of people excited about lowering GST too.  So far Harpers doing surprisingly well. 

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2005, 12:04:28 PM »
It was a good idea for Harper to say what he did about same sex marriage.  He got it out of the way right off the bat.  Now the Liberals can't speculate or speak on Harpers views, because he already put that issue to rest.

Harper probably got a lot of people excited about lowering GST too.  So far Harpers doing surprisingly well. 

Good point on same sex marriage, I didn't really think of it that way. Smart move.

GST cut will get people happy, and when he shows his income tax plan people he'll likely get more support.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2005, 09:24:55 AM »
Today's Liberal Laugh

A man enters a bar and orders a drink. The bar has a robot bartender.

The robot serves him a perfectly prepared cocktail, and then asks him, "What's your IQ?"

The man replies "150" and the robot proceeds to make conversation about global warming factors, quantum physics and spirituality, biomimicry, environmental interconnectedness, string theory, nano-technology, and sexual proclivities.

The customer is very impressed and thinks, "This is really cool." He decides to test the robot. He walks out of the bar, turns around, and comes back in for another drink. Again, the robot serves him the perfectly prepared drink
and asks him, "What's your IQ?"

The man responds, "about a 100." Immediately the robot starts talking, but this time, about football, NASCAR, baseball, supermodels, favourite fast foods, guns, and women's breasts.

Really impressed, the man leaves the bar and decides to give the robot one more test. He heads out and returns, the robot serves him and asks, "What's your IQ?"

The man replies, "Er, 50, I think." And the robot says... real slowly... "So............... ya gonna vote for the Liberals again?"

Paris