Author Topic: "Indian" influence is it bad?  (Read 382 times)

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
"Indian" influence is it bad?
« on: March 29, 2002, 04:59:20 AM »
As an indian, i can honestly say its really cool how there arent any brown rappers, but timbaland, meth and red - lets do it (song wit indian influence), dj quik are all RIPPING off this hindu and indian music, its cool in a way, but when this becomes a style, i will get pissed cause its really hurtful for me to see ppl unappreciate out music "hindu music - although im christian" and even my local radio (urban) is playin it so often, ppl r like ye thats hot....but ppl dont really understand wat i see ot thorugh, some ppl who might are blade and ds cause there both indian....comments...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: "Indian" influence is it bad?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2002, 11:13:17 AM »
i said comments, no one is replying!! >:(

Big_Loco_FME

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2002, 11:18:54 AM »
dog, i dont think anyone wants to touch this with a 10 ft pole lol, its kind of a touchy subject i guess.

personally im all for it. music is universal, i like to see different genres interchanging and learning from each other. i dont think it should be secular and limited in its use or its audience.

Doggystylin

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2002, 11:22:00 AM »
dog, i dont think anyone wants to touch this with a 10 ft pole lol, its kind of a touchy subject i guess.

personally im all for it. music is universal, i like to see different genres interchanging and learning from each other. i dont think it should be secular and limited in its use or its audience.

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2002, 11:55:12 AM »
I see both sides of it.  It kinda spices up more mainstream to use indian elements, but at the same time it's doing a huge injustice to eastern music.  Yall don't even use basic time structures, indian music is 10 times more complex than american or western music.  Yall got crazy stuff my american ear can't even keep time with, and a larger variety of musical instruments and styles, so I can see where it's helping western music be more diverse, but at the same time it's kinda disrespectul to water down eastern music like that.  

Peace~

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2002, 11:58:03 AM »
thanx fo the opinions....need some more :o

DeaDSouLjaH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2002, 12:10:28 PM »
yes as an indian , a true indian , i havent migrated or anything , and am also a hinud yes...the majority of the indian community will find this usage of indian music (especially hindu devotees) .. very disrespectful , and like trauma said ... da music in itself is very complex, a wide range of intruments and stuff... but i ave grown to realise dat music is truly universal .. and that even if they use indian music to a limit itz fine wid me .. butwat pisses me off are some bands and shit sayin "hare krishna" .. when they dont know jack wat they talkin abt.. using indian beats for western music.. is a very good concept as long as they play around in the limits..

Awards:
Most Improved (January)
Emcee of the Month(February)
Battle Emcee of the Month(February)
Rhyme of the Month(February)

Record:17-8-1
[/color]

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2002, 01:57:41 PM »
I think its cool how they trying to mix indian music in, like there is this arabic song, with a western beat, the chorus is arabic, but the other lyrics r english, i think its pretty dope, cuz middle eastern/indian music can be pretty dope @ times, but sum ppl find it disrespectful.... :-/

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2002, 02:16:44 PM »
yes as an indian , a true indian , i havent migrated or anything , and am also a hinud yes...the majority of the indian community will find this usage of indian music (especially hindu devotees) .. very disrespectful , and like trauma said ... da music in itself is very complex, a wide range of intruments and stuff... but i ave grown to realise dat music is truly universal .. and that even if they use indian music to a limit itz fine wid me .. butwat pisses me off are some bands and shit sayin "hare krishna" .. when they dont know jack wat they talkin abt.. using indian beats for western music.. is a very good concept as long as they play around in the limits..

i know wat hare krishna means and all that shit....its disresepctful to me even though im christian cause my fellow brothers are hindu....

serv-on

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2002, 02:33:13 PM »
music is an art, it has no limits.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2002, 06:05:37 PM »
im indian too.......i started listening to hiphop to get away from indian music which is all you hear here.

i ike indian music but.......hiphop is a good change, much better.

im hindu and i dont feel hurt at all by all this. so none of yall should think its offensive or desrespectful to indians or indian music . if people are offended by the music i wonder how they arent offended by the lyrics

if u like it its cool. personally i dont.

but indian music influences so many genres of music.

its about time it got some recognition

techniec

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2002, 06:18:12 PM »
i could see how indians could get pissed off, i have ALOT of indian friends, and they love Addictive, but that song for example, is a TOTAL rip off of a song called Sona Sona, an old indian tune, so they might get pissed that, all these bandwagoners are riding the music they were down wit from the beginning

ROCCY

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2002, 06:32:12 PM »
I think its cool how they trying to mix indian music in, like there is this arabic song, with a western beat, the chorus is arabic, but the other lyrics r english, i think its pretty dope, cuz middle eastern/indian music can be pretty dope @ times, but sum ppl find it disrespectful.... :-/

-{bLaDe}

Yeah..Some people find it disrespectful Me my self I think it makes a song better..And its real tite peace..

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2002, 06:35:42 PM »
iz like, sum indians dont like it, cuz they like their own music, they grew up wid it and they like it how it was.....but western ppl, like hip hop heads for eg, like all dat dre type music, so when the original hindi song was modified, ppl liked it here....

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

YoungFame

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: "Indian" influence is it bad?(food for thought
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2002, 03:30:19 PM »
Aint no limit to hip hop.  For anyone who feels disresected by the songs fuck em'.  If you dont like it too damn bad, get over it kuz aint shit you can do about it.  Hip hop is universal and will continue to progress, change, and recreate.  The people who feel like there music is being ripped off should be greateful that people from a different origin are taking out the time to analyze there music and see what passion, effort, and creativity was put in that song.  Every artist knows what there songs mean to them so if a nigga can take an Indian song and make it hip hop is a genius. Think about it. If hip hop was only for those who created it and never progressed and elevated I know for damn sure ya'll hindu's or Indians wouldnt be on this web site spittin flows or anything of that such.