Author Topic: Leadership In Islamic Group Settings  (Read 126 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Leadership In Islamic Group Settings
« on: November 29, 2005, 11:07:56 AM »
In the name of Allah the most beneficient the most merciful...

I just want to take a brief moment to talk about leadership in Islam.  And I'm not only talking about leadership of a country or state, but it can mean taking leadership of a mosque, leadership at work, or leadership of a small group of three or four people. 

There's this one particular scholar in my city, who's an x-rapper turned Muslim,  he used to open up shows for Biggie Smalls back in the day.  Anyway, he's a broadly intelligent cat, and he mentors alot of the young Muslims in my city.  When he talks people listen.  Since becoming a Muslim he has studied Islamic jurispudence in Sri Lanka and performed tabilgh jammat in Pakistan and India, he is very wise and some of the knowledge I drop on this forum is things I've learned from being around him.

He gave a brief talk about handing over leadership and he made some profound statements that Muslims should take heed to.  He said that, "Being a leader is not an honor, it is a responsibility. There is no prestige in being a leader, the leader is the servant of the people."[/i] He went on to explain that the person who is the leader of the group, is actually the servant of the group.  Saying a leader has more wieght on their shoulders, and that they have to invest much more physical and mental energy than the people they serve.  A leader will be held accountable by Allah, so he must fear Allah and make desicions not out of his own desires, but according to the council of the people he governs. 

One of the criteria for being a leader in the times of the Prophet Muhammad (saws) and his companions, was that the one chosen did not want to be the leader.  Anybody who wanted and desired to be a leader would not be chosen to be a leader.  The reason for this was that anybody who really knew the responsibilities of being a leader would not want that responsibility on account of their great fear of Allah.

Assalamulaikum.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 11:10:43 AM by Allah's Slave: Abdul-Infinite »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Leadership In Islamic Group Settings
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 08:23:44 PM »
he was preaching about democratic leaders :/

J Bananas

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 09:08:07 PM »
you a trick and you expect a bitch to love you?

mauzip

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 01:45:30 AM »
"Being a leader is not an honor, it is a responsibility. There is no prestige in being a leader, the leader is the servant of the people."[/i]

Please explain to me why Al Zawqawi bragged about beheading people on a video tape.