Author Topic: DMX signing with G-Unit???  (Read 1415 times)

$do11a biLL$

DMX signing with G-Unit???
« on: December 01, 2005, 07:43:43 PM »
He said on Shade 45 that he wants to have 20 members of G-Unit by this time next year and that DMX, Paul Wall, and Kool G. Rap are signing to the label pretty soon and that 50 Cent & Jay-Z are working on Freeways album, and he couldn't afford what Beanie Sigel was asking for a contract but he still might work on his next project.

Eihtball

Re: DMX signing with G-Unit???
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 08:32:15 PM »
DMX has been cool with G-Unit for quite some time, plus his career has been on the decline for years now, so it sounds possible.  And Kool G. Rap has spent almost his entire career in the underground, so it wouldn't surprise me if he finally chose to get the success he probably feels he deserves.  But Paul Wall?  Why would he sign with G-Unit when he's on a label that's done quite well for itself?  2005 was pretty much Swishahouse's year, so I hardly think he would need a G-Unit deal.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 08:38:36 PM »
Need i remind you that DMX is a crackhead?  He's been havin all kinds of issues lately - just wait he's gonna fuck off one of these nights and get himself killed.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 08:44:45 PM »
i hope this aint true.....isnt DMX signed as a solo artist under Def Jam tho?

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 08:46:22 PM »
maybe if were lucky dmx will start rhymin over dope beats again....swizz beats fell the fuck off back in the late 90's...i can't stand that guys beats. now i don't necessarily wanna hear dmx over eminem beats...but i'd rather hear that than swizz beats

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 08:53:17 PM »
Him and 50 did a good collabo on that "Shot Down" track. Maybe if he signs with the Unit he would sound good over Sha Money or Eminem production. He sounds hella boring now with Swizz Beats, especially on that "Pump Ya Fist" and "Give Em What They Want".

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 08:54:00 PM »
Rap is dying
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 08:54:13 PM »
maybe if were lucky dmx will start rhymin over dope beats again....swizz beats fell the fuck off back in the late 90's...i can't stand that guys beats. now i don't necessarily wanna hear dmx over eminem beats...but i'd rather hear that than swizz beats

I feel you on the Swizz beats thing.  Did Swizz do "where the hood at"?  Really though, i can only say for certain that i don't like the beats he did for Cassidy (doesn't help that Cassidy sucks).  He dropped some good shit for Styles P and that Big Business song for his own album a couple years back (which snoop killed).

Don Breezio

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 09:02:34 PM »
^^^ i didnt even like that stuff...the last good stuff he did was on its dark and hell is hot...even on flesh of my flesh it was starting to get bad...that dude was good...now i think he's one of the worst producers out there

The Watcher

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 09:15:25 PM »
DMX sounded good on "Go To Sleep"
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

'DsR'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2005, 09:16:53 PM »

"fuck under tha influence im hella fucked up, swervin down the freeway spillin my cup"

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2005, 09:28:50 PM »
Rap is dying

Rap is already dead. Its been dead since about 2000, I just didnt want to admit it until this year.

Don Breezio

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2005, 11:01:36 PM »
Rap is dying

Rap is already dead. Its been dead since about 2000, I just didnt want to admit it until this year.

Rap isn't dead...it's growing...rap has to grow and evolve just like anything...it has its ups and downs just like anything...

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2005, 12:32:02 AM »

I feel you on the Swizz beats thing.  Did Swizz do "where the hood at"?  Really though, i can only say for certain that i don't like the beats he did for Cassidy (doesn't help that Cassidy sucks).  He dropped some good shit for Styles P and that Big Business song for his own album a couple years back (which snoop killed).

Nah everyone is entitled to their opinion but as soon as I gave Cassidy a chance I realized he is a very good rapper, in no way does he suck.

Don Breezio

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2005, 12:33:22 AM »

Nah everyone is entitled to their opinion but as soon as I gave Cassidy a chance I realized he is a very good rapper, in no way does he suck.

cassidy is ok...with the right production and some better guest appearances i think he could make an album worth listening to...so far i've only enjoyed a few of his songs