Author Topic: It's Late... I know... but God damn this hit me hard...  (Read 501 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
It's Late... I know... but God damn this hit me hard...
« on: December 02, 2005, 11:48:45 PM »
R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero

I had Eddie on my shit when he was champ. Honestly, there were only 2 shows on TV that featured Latinos as their main characters... the George Lopez show and Smackdown. Paul Heyman was saying the Smackdown was a show that English was a second language, and it's champ at the time was Eddie. It was cery fitting. The greatest Latino wrestler ever, better than Pedro Morales... I said it... better that Carlos Colon... I said it... better than Carlitos will ever dream of being, and better than Mysterio can physically be.

His character was funny, creative, sneaky, he played a cocky, cheating, lying, stealing character who people could not boo. Eddie was a unique wrestler that comes around very rarely. Konnan at one time claimed he was to the Latin wrestling community what Hulk Hogan was to the American wrestling community. I think now that history has written the final chapters on both Konnan, Eddie Guerrero, and other Latin wrestlers, I think in the end, Konnan can be Hulk Hogan, Eddie Guerrero was the Latino Ric Flair, the perfect heel who fans loved. He was the dirtiest player, but at the same time he was so good you had to respect.

Rest in Peace Eddie... I will miss seeing you on TV. You were the last reason I continued to watch wrestling, and I will always remember shedding a tear seeing you win the title. I will remember the celebration in Fresno, in front of many Mexican flags, holding the WWE title as thousands of Latinos screamed Eddie, and knowing that God has a warrior up in Heaven ready to do his will. There will never be another.

Sikotic™

Re: It's Late... I know... but God damn this hit me hard...
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 12:19:53 AM »
I know man. It's still weird not seeing him on TV all of a sudden when he was in his prime. Just the guys story and how his life came to a sudden end is just depressing and shows you how you should make the most of what time you have here. Eddie did. He focused on his career, found faith in God, took care of his family. He became the best in the business. One thing for sure is he won't be forgotten.

RIP Eddie
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 01:25:27 PM »
You realize Konnan still wrestles weekly on TNA, right?  Saturday nights @ 10 or 11. 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 01:43:55 PM »
You realize Konnan still wrestles weekly on TNA, right?  Saturday nights @ 10 or 11. 

As I said "I think now that history has written the final chapters on both Konnan, Eddie Guerrero"

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 05:05:42 PM »
 ::)

WestCoasta

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 08:30:03 PM »
how'd this guy die?

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 09:27:58 PM »
how'd this guy die?
drugs i think but im not into wrestling as much so i dont no

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 01:26:51 AM »
Heart failure. Effects of past addictions and stress on the body.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005, 01:15:07 PM »
The guy had such a great character and he was a phenomenal wrestler too. Most guys either have a great personality  or they're just skilled in-ring workers, Eddie had it all and then some. Between that and his life story, I'd say this is definitely the toughest blow to the wrestling world since Owen Hart.

On a side note, did anyone else find it ironic that Eddie passed away just as he was starting to become a beloved face ( good guy ) again? During the summer, he was a huge heel in his feud with Rey Mysterio. It's kind of fitting that Eddie brought back the low riders and the persona that everyone loves for his last run. He went out the way he should be remembered.

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2005, 01:38:04 PM »
Yeah... i got the feeling they were building him up to double cross Batista and win the belt, but who knows. 

I'd say it's the biggest tragedy to hit wrestling, period... I know Owen died tragically but he wasn't as iconic as Eddie Guerrero, who had just entered his prime years... Owen was still a little green when he died... I guess you could consider Owen more of a tragedy because he possibly had greater potential... but at the time of his death, it was still unrealized potential, whereas Eddie had already made a significant impact on all the top organizations and was just at the beginning of what would likely have been his glory years. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2005, 04:45:42 PM »
Yeah... i got the feeling they were building him up to double cross Batista and win the belt, but who knows. 

I'd say it's the biggest tragedy to hit wrestling, period... I know Owen died tragically but he wasn't as iconic as Eddie Guerrero, who had just entered his prime years... Owen was still a little green when he died... I guess you could consider Owen more of a tragedy because he possibly had greater potential... but at the time of his death, it was still unrealized potential, whereas Eddie had already made a significant impact on all the top organizations and was just at the beginning of what would likely have been his glory years. 

Owen, green? That guy was a, absolute pro by '91 and he would have just as big a star as Eddie was if Vince didn't book him intio the ground. Watch his matches from Japan in the early 90s, his amazing tag matches with Yokozuna in the mid 90s, his great matches with Bulldog, HBK, Austin, and every shit jobber they threw his way. He was also the most over guy in the company next to Austin in late '97, early '98. Remember the nugget chants? Was he as good as Eddie? That's debatable, but he he certainly wasn't green. No one in that hart family was green after the age the 25.

As for biggest loss; maybe. David Von Erich was pretty big, as was Bruiser Brody. But Eddie's certainly up there with them.

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2005, 07:12:34 PM »
^ Neither of those three were even on Eddie's level.

Owen was green, definitely.  Of course he was a great wrestler, but so was Eddie 10 years ago.  Eddie hadn't made it in a big way, then, though.  I don't think you understand the difference between a good wrestler and a good pro wrestler.  Saying Owen and Eddie Guerrero were similar is ludicrious, while Owen was likely a better tecnical wrestler than Eddie he was inferior in every other aspect of the wrestling 'package' it takes to grow into a legend.  Owen likely would have got there but he hadn't yet at the time of his passing.  Eddie had. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2005, 07:22:49 AM »
^ Neither of those three were even on Eddie's level.

Owen was green, definitely.  Of course he was a great wrestler, but so was Eddie 10 years ago.  Eddie hadn't made it in a big way, then, though.  I don't think you understand the difference between a good wrestler and a good pro wrestler.  Saying Owen and Eddie Guerrero were similar is ludicrious, while Owen was likely a better tecnical wrestler than Eddie he was inferior in every other aspect of the wrestling 'package' it takes to grow into a legend.  Owen likely would have got there but he hadn't yet at the time of his passing.  Eddie had. 

I agree that Eddie was higher up the booking ladder and a better promo man than Owen, but to say Owen was green is insane. Green implies you are a long way to go technically, meaning you have much to learn before you can be sonsidered good or great. Owen was already great. He wasa great promo, a grat character and great wrestler. The only difference between Owne's position on the roster, and Eddie's was that Eddie was booked to be champ and Owen was booked into the ground. If Owen was booked as the black hart/nugget and hada proper main event run then he would have with out a doubt been just as big if not bigger than Eddie now, in '99 when he died, of course he also never would have died. Owen had already proven 3 times that he could fit into a main event program and excel, first with Bret, then HBK, then Austin. Just because McMahon was so stupid and egotistical that he decided to bury him doesn't mean he was green.