Author Topic: does roscoe write kurupts new sh....?  (Read 439 times)

youngmessnucca

does roscoe write kurupts new sh....?
« on: December 04, 2005, 09:03:13 PM »
im suprised noone caught this ( or if they did my bad ) but in the credits of the D&YG II Kurupt is not credited for writing on any song but D. Arnaurd ( Daz ) is . If im not mistaken Ricardo Brown is Kurupts name and its nowhere to be found insted a D. Williams is credited and the publishing is credited to Scoldie Mac which Im sure has to be Roscoe.....anyone got info on this?

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
Re: does roscoe write kurupts new sh....?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 09:33:49 PM »
someone mentioned a while back that roscoe and tristar were writing for kurupt.  if this is true i think it reflects a sad state of affairs for young gotti.  i don't see why he can't write for himself.  i had always felt that if he spent some time seriously writing his rhymes and not just freestyling that he could return to greatness.

kurupt may be like mike tyson in this regard.  when tyson was young, he'd stay in shape and train year round.  towards the end of his career he lost his hunger, and would go through a six week training bootcamp before a fight to get in shape for a fight.  all the while letting his natural skill deteriorate and relying on one punch knocc outs.  similarly, it seems kurupt has allowed his lyrical skill to deteriorate; rather than staying sharp and improving his craft
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 09:37:42 PM by nibs »
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 09:37:06 PM »
no wonder his shit is getting better all of a sudden! lol it sounded like he was freestyleing on some songs though......and we saw him writing his verse on push back, not mention snoop was talking about when they first came back togethor how tight kurupt was coming and i doubt he woulda said that if someone else was writing his shit
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 09:39:32 PM »
no wonder his shit is getting better all of a sudden! lol it sounded like he was freestyleing on some songs though...

hell yeah.  after jay-z made that claim that he never wrote down his rhymes and kept them all in his head, it seemed like kurupt decided to switch up and freestyle everything
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 10:06:49 PM »
kurupt, roscoe, and tri all fell off. even eastwood aint what he used to be. im not lookin forward to Y.A. at all anymore
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

WestCoasta

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 10:29:25 PM »
I never was looking forward to Y.A.   :P

nothin against em but they're real boring.... I like Roscoe and I think Tri is just whatever and then the rest of them are nothin at all, real boring

as far as Kurupt, I don't know about him, it's very strange how he can't really hold his own anymore, most puzzling shit to me...  :eh:

what the fuck happened?  I mean he is starting to come with okay shit but it doesn't flow ya know?

like you hear a lot of pauses and instances where he'll end a rhyme and you'll say to yourself  "damn he coulda ended that so much better"  :P

it's just you listen to "New York, New York" and I think that's the tightest shit ever written, it's all in depth shit that makes sense and rhymes and flows perfect

I'm not in any way saying "why can't he duplicate that shit" but you'd think of all the dope shit he's done he could at least come a lot better than he does today  ???

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 12:01:14 AM »
^ i used to think he switched up his style so he could make more commercial friendly music ("We Can Freak It", "Girls All Pause", "Its Over"), but now he's just gettin ridiculous
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

MIC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 05:15:17 AM »
Is it possible that he isn't credited because someone owns his publishing and Kurupt wouldn't see a dime if his name appeared in the credits? Or maybe he owes some money to the bank or someone else and anything from his publishing would go straight to that person?
Maybe that's why he prefers Roscoe to get all the dough?
I simply cannot believe someone could fall off like that, I mean - not a single song written by Kurupt himself?

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2005, 06:44:20 AM »
kurupt, roscoe, and tri all fell off. even eastwood aint what he used to be. im not lookin forward to Y.A. at all anymore

alaskanbrad

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005, 07:24:15 AM »
im suprised noone caught this ( or if they did my bad ) but in the credits of the D&YG II Kurupt is not credited for writing on any song but D. Arnaurd ( Daz ) is . If im not mistaken Ricardo Brown is Kurupts name and its nowhere to be found insted a D. Williams is credited and the publishing is credited to Scoldie Mac which Im sure has to be Roscoe.....anyone got info on this?

"ricardo brown" isnt kurupts real name, its a pseudonym jus like "kurupt"

Paul

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2005, 08:35:51 AM »

na a really do think its his real name
funkyfreshintheflesh

Paul

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2005, 08:38:29 AM »
Is it possible that he isn't credited because someone owns his publishing and Kurupt wouldn't see a dime if his name appeared in the credits? Or maybe he owes some money to the bank or someone else and anything from his publishing would go straight to that person?
Maybe that's why he prefers Roscoe to get all the dough?
I simply cannot believe someone could fall off like that, I mean - not a single song written by Kurupt himself?

i think your spot on there, of course kurupt would have wrote most if not all his lyrics onnit, but isnt that why his album coming out next year is under the name young gotti, i dont know 4 sure but i think that could be the reasoning. :-\
funkyfreshintheflesh

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2005, 10:16:53 AM »

I have never, ever heard that before, and I doubt it's true. You're gonna need some kinda source to back that one up with.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2005, 10:35:52 AM »
someone mentioned a while back that roscoe and tristar were writing for kurupt.  if this is true i think it reflects a sad state of affairs for young gotti.  i don't see why he can't write for himself. i had always felt that if he spent some time seriously writing his rhymes and not just freestyling that he could return to greatness.

kurupt may be like mike tyson in this regard. when tyson was young, he'd stay in shape and train year round. towards the end of his career he lost his hunger, and would go through a six week training bootcamp before a fight to get in shape for a fight. all the while letting his natural skill deteriorate and relying on one punch knocc outs. similarly, it seems kurupt has allowed his lyrical skill to deteriorate; rather than staying sharp and improving his craft

Word.

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2005, 10:37:09 AM »
someone mentioned a while back that roscoe and tristar were writing for kurupt.  if this is true i think it reflects a sad state of affairs for young gotti.  i don't see why he can't write for himself.  i had always felt that if he spent some time seriously writing his rhymes and not just freestyling that he could return to greatness.

kurupt may be like mike tyson in this regard.  when tyson was young, he'd stay in shape and train year round.  towards the end of his career he lost his hunger, and would go through a six week training bootcamp before a fight to get in shape for a fight.  all the while letting his natural skill deteriorate and relying on one punch knocc outs.  similarly, it seems kurupt has allowed his lyrical skill to deteriorate; rather than staying sharp and improving his craft
^co fuckin sign. I mean every artist have their prime, but kurupt is a special case. He has fallen off hard...I mean its like god fuckin damn  :-X ??? :'(. I believe he fell off cuz of his label situation in terms of promotion and marketing which completely killed his motivation. Its like he felt that he would be wasting classic verses if he wasn't reaching the mass audience. A good example of this is deathrow-he made sure he was on his A game plus after Kuruption flopped; he really got motivated again to make a great album(Streetz Iz A Mutha, west coast classic) only for his idiotic label to drop it on the same day as Chronic 2001. Then with space boogie he went commercial to try to sell, but when that failed I could see kurupt saying "fuck it what else can I do". That's when he went bankrupt and joined deathrow in that same year I believe.

I strongly believe it is 80% motivation rather than time that has killed his skills. Look at Dogg Food(1995) and Streetz Iz A Mutha(1999). After four years he was still able to bring his A game and show improvement. I believe he can still do it.

I guess it comes down to if he wants to be remembered as one of the greatest lyricists and mcs ever, even though underground. :-\
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 10:39:42 AM by makaveli11 »
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion