Author Topic: does roscoe write kurupts new sh....?  (Read 440 times)

WestCoasta

Re: does roscoe write kurupts new sh....?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2005, 10:45:39 AM »
^^ co-sign

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2005, 11:08:57 AM »
I haven't given up on him just yet, although I'm getting sick of all of his bizarre neo-Nazi raps. ''Holocaust native'', ''Gotti Bin Laden'', and I'm sure he kicked some lyrics about Hitler, but anyway, all of that shit just sounds plain retarded and wrong. I'm not saying he should go back to straight 'G' lyricism, but he has taken a serious step down with that kind of subject matter. There's a few exceptions - he came tight on "DPGC Muzic'', even if it wasn't the most lyrical track he's recorded. Maybe he's doing an Eminem and trying to perfect his flow at the expense of his lyrics, which are now his weakest point IMO.

In one of the interviews I've read of his recently (can't remember where) he said something like he'd heard the fans noise and he was going to give them the classic Kurupt we're all checking for on his next album. Just have to keep our fingers crossed, I guess...
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

WestCoasta

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2005, 01:21:04 PM »
I haven't given up on him just yet

''Holocaust native'', ''Gotti Bin Laden'', and I'm sure he kicked some lyrics about Hitler

yep, I've heard "Gotti Adolf Hitler"   :laugh:

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2005, 06:00:50 AM »
i think its this whole thing with antra.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2005, 11:24:41 AM »
I never was looking forward to Y.A.   :P

nothin against em but they're real boring.... I like Roscoe and I think Tri is just whatever and then the rest of them are nothin at all, real boring

as far as Kurupt, I don't know about him, it's very strange how he can't really hold his own anymore, most puzzling shit to me...  :eh:

what the fuck happened?  I mean he is starting to come with okay shit but it doesn't flow ya know?

like you hear a lot of pauses and instances where he'll end a rhyme and you'll say to yourself  "damn he coulda ended that so much better"  :P

it's just you listen to "New York, New York" and I think that's the tightest shit ever written, it's all in depth shit that makes sense and rhymes and flows perfect

I'm not in any way saying "why can't he duplicate that shit" but you'd think of all the dope shit he's done he could at least come a lot better than he does today  ???

yea i heard his pauses on riflemen's "end of the road"....good verse but nuthin great...he coulda definetly done it better...but i still like kurupt

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2005, 02:23:12 PM »
Proof of how bad Kurupt is losing it...on the DPG TV Preview on D-P-G-C.com Kurupt and Snoop do a little freestyle together and Snoop completely outshines Young Gotti, who comes weak. "XXL" need to tell Kurupt to step his rap game up!
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One